Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #2161
mikerbike
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have nothing witty to say to that.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:28 PM   #2162
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Oh yeah? I'll show your mom my "average" fitment!

Does that work for you mikerbike?
Old 01-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #2163
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Mikerbike, can we see more angles of it?
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #2164
mikerbike
Zilvia Junkie

mikerbike is an unknown quantity at this point
This is the only other picture I took.

The previous previous owner cut the inner lip out of the fender instead of rolling it. I've cut the inner fender up about an inch and finally smoothed the metal a bit. ..just a bit. haha
Old 01-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #2165
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerbike View Post
The previous previous owner cut the inner lip out of the fender instead of rolling it. I've cut the inner fender up about an inch and finally smoothed the metal a bit. ..just a bit. haha
That sucks man... won't be cheap to fix that properly either.

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #2166
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
410whp 385Tq
2JZGTE 6265
15psi pump gas
automatic
untuned. no traction issues unless the weather is sub 35-40 degrees. haven't launched the car, we will see how the newer 3500 stall and AEM EMS and what not does to the car next season.

Untuned?!

Bcc or vpc?

Pm me bc myjzswap is down.
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #2167
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

I'm on
18x9.5 +22 235/40 front
18x10.5 +22. 265/35 rear

KW v3 coils(1 inch from the lowest)& spl rucas

Slight rubbing will roll this weekend and possibly drop back down to lowest if it doesn't rub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_2073.jpeg (209.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_4883.jpeg (229.1 KB, 4623 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_8812.jpeg (178.7 KB, 91 views)
initial_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #2168
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Those are some nice looking wheels. What are they/who makes them? Does it rub all four corners, or just the back? Do you plann on going to 285s in the rear next time?
SicBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #2169
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They are enkei rpf1's type RC just bought them off someone on here

I dont think ill go 285 might need to pull the fenders and i want to keep the body stock

right rear only rubs atm
initial_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #2170
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Mmmm love me some rc's
Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #2171
boosted27

boosted27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to boosted27 Send a message via MSN to boosted27 Send a message via Yahoo to boosted27
I know nothing when it comes to fitment and tires... I just picked up a set of XXR 527's from a friend and looking for some tires

17X9 +25 front
18X10.5 + 20 rear

I was thinking something on the lines of 245/40/17 and 275/35/18...not sure what could be fitted without rolling the rear fenders or iif rolling is needed. The car is setting on some Megan coils, on a 97' 240

Opinions and help is much appreciated

Last edited by boosted27; 01-18-2012 at 10:37 PM..
boosted27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:54 PM   #2172
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted27 View Post

We can't help you if we don't even know what vehicle these are going on!?!

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 PM   #2173
boosted27

Send a message via AIM to boosted27 Send a message via MSN to boosted27 Send a message via Yahoo to boosted27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
We can't help you if we don't even know what vehicle these are going on!?!
sorry 97' 240
Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #2174
Tenchuu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Tenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfectionTenchuu is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
I know nothing when it comes to fitment and tires... I just picked up a set of XXR 527's from a friend and looking for some tires

17X9 +25 front
18X10.5 + 20 rear

I was thinking something on the lines of 245/40/17 and 275/35/18...not sure what could be fitted without rolling the rear fenders or iif rolling is needed. The car is setting on some Megan coils, on a 97' 240

front should work fine depending on coilovers you should be able to get 255s on the front.

I am unsure on the rears.
Tenchuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #2175
Chops@MVP
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Chops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Chops@MVP
18x9 +28 18x10+38 Volk GT-7's
Fronts came with 225/35's which will go wider once they wear out
Rears are 275/35, wanted to run a 285 but BFG Drag Radials go 275 and right on to a 295. Didn't want to risk the 295 not fitting so just bought 275/35's again. My boss has a pair of GT-7's same size, same color with slightly higher offsets that I'm going to pick up and see if I can't squeeze that 295 under there.

Fenders are rolled, no pull whatsoever.

Regards,
Robert

940-683-8282 x20
Robert Del Angel

CLICK HERE FOR OUR FACEBOOK PAGE!!!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!!

Master Distributor for : RPS, Tein, Seibon, Haltech, HKS, Greddy, Cusco, Blitz, Koyo, AEM, Map ECU, Eibach, Tokiko, Power Enterprise, Work, Volk, Fidanza, Defi, ....and so many more!!!
Chops@MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:48 PM   #2176
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

SicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the roughSicBastard is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

17X9 +25 front
18X10.5 + 20 rear

You're going to need to roll at least to even get 265s with only +20 offset in the rear on a 18x10.5
Old 01-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #2177
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops@MVP View Post
18x9 +28 18x10+38 Volk GT-7's
Fronts came with 225/35's which will go wider once they wear out
Rears are 275/35, wanted to run a 285 but BFG Drag Radials go 275 and right on to a 295. Didn't want to risk the 295 not fitting so just bought 275/35's again. My boss has a pair of GT-7's same size, same color with slightly higher offsets that I'm going to pick up and see if I can't squeeze that 295 under there.

Fenders are rolled, no pull whatsoever.

Regards,
Robert
Way legit lookin ride! How much clearance to the rear strut is there right now?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #2178
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
maximum tire duders, i has question.

the car this question is for....

I've decided to go with 245/40/18's for the fronts on either 18x9 or 18x9.5[but probably on a 9j because the rpf1's come with +22 offset on those and that'll give me some play room more then the 9.5+15's]

and rears will be 18x10+38 rpf1's. I remember the magic number of tire stagger was with in 30mm of the tire thread to avoid any understeer issues, and I also talked to couple of Formula D drivers with LSx swaps with stock axles, they told me 255's will be about the maximum amount of tire before the stress becomes too great for the axles and start snapping. so that put some stress on me picking out tires for the rear to match the power/torque of somewhat stock LSx swap for the car.

if I didn't know the above information, I'd put on 275/35/18's on a 18x10 and be happy with it..but it's got me thinking about how shitty it is to have a blown axle.

any thoughts on this?

thanks!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #2179
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

mad-ass, you failed to mention what you'll be doing with it. If you're drifting, how competetive are you? If it's just for fun, less sticky/narrow tires will always be easier on the drivetrain. If you're competitively drifting, running autocross, time attack, or really just want the most out of your car go with the 275s or wider, and just don't clutch kick/abuse the shit out of ur ride. I also believe that ride height/CV joint angle plays a big role in this issue. So raise the car till you have 180 degree CV joints if you're really worried about your axles.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:29 AM   #2180
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Oh sorry!

This car will be daily car/fun car/drift car[It's doing exactly that right now]. no form of racing at a competitive level, just to have fun car. and I don't think I'll ever need to clutch kick to start a drift with LSx swap, drifted couple of LSx s-chassis already and non of them seems to have problem of going side ways at full throttle.

I'm not that worried about the axles, well I don't want to have to worry about the axles is what it comes down to, I know I can get DriftShaftShop axles and not worry, but I don't exactly have $800 laying around to spend on some axles.

The car will be raised to accommodate bigger tire size and correct alignment, other wise I still want it to have the least amount of fender gap as possible.

anyways, I guess I'm just looking for input on how people's axles are holding up with what size tires/power/ride height.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #2181
Chops@MVP
Zilvia FREAK!

Chops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really niceChops@MVP is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SicBastard View Post

I'll have to check it out for you tonight when I get home from the office, rarely drive it now that I have a daughter.

Regards,
Robert

940-683-8282 x20
Robert Del Angel

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!!

Master Distributor for : RPS, Tein, Seibon, Haltech, HKS, Greddy, Cusco, Blitz, Koyo, AEM, Map ECU, Eibach, Tokiko, Power Enterprise, Work, Volk, Fidanza, Defi, ....and so many more!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 11:07 AM   #2182
boosted27

Quote:
You're going to need to roll at least to even get 265s with only +20 offset in the rear on a 18x10.5
Thanks will a roll fit 275's or will it need to be pulled some as well?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #2183
Chops@MVP
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Just checked it out, its at about a half inch from rim to coilover on the rear.

Regards,
Robert

940-683-8282 x20
Robert Del Angel

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #2184
SicBastard
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chops@MVP View Post
Just checked it out, its at about a half inch from rim to coilover on the rear.

Regards,
Robert
So it sounds like those 295s shouldn't be a problem!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:33 AM   #2185
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post
Oh sorry!

This car will be daily car/fun car/drift car[It's doing exactly that right now]. no form of racing at a competitive level, just to have fun car. and I don't think I'll ever need to clutch kick to start a drift with LSx swap, drifted couple of LSx s-chassis already and non of them seems to have problem of going side ways at full throttle.

I'm not that worried about the axles, well I don't want to have to worry about the axles is what it comes down to, I know I can get DriftShaftShop axles and not worry, but I don't exactly have $800 laying around to spend on some axles.

The car will be raised to accommodate bigger tire size and correct alignment, other wise I still want it to have the least amount of fender gap as possible.

anyways, I guess I'm just looking for input on how people's axles are holding up with what size tires/power/ride height.

Ive only had 1 axle snap on me and that was at the 1/4 drag strip on my 275/40 mickey thompson drag radials cutting like 1.6 - 1.7 60ft's. I daily on 255/40/17's and ive currently got Nitto NT05's all around on my car (awesome tire).

The car hooks up amazing in 1st gear.

well, enough rambling, just figured id show you my ride height with my current tire size although this is on a 17x9 + 22

(scroll to 2mins, you'll see that the tires hook up in 1st. Pretty awesome considering ive got a full bolt on + cam ls1 in my S14.)

TRC- SHELBY GT500 200 shot, KA-T 240sx, NSX, CTS-V, LSX 240sx - YouTube
greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #2186
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
^^ CAN i get a side shot of your car?i see modded fenders too.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:28 PM   #2187
greddy2die
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
greddy2die is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greddy2die
Yeah, real qp's are pulled slightly, nothing extreme. Front fender lips have only been tapped up with a rubber mallet awhile ago. ive got -0.5 camber out back & -1.5 up front also just for reference.

greddy2die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #2188
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

thank you for your reply. helped me out quiet a bit.
just because I don't want to run smaller tires in front...my setup would have to be 245/40/18 on 9J and 275/35/18 on 10J.

will update this once I get the wheel/tire setup going on my car.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #2189
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by greddy2die View Post
Ive only had 1 axle snap on me and that was at the 1/4 drag strip on my 275/40 mickey thompson drag radials cutting like 1.6 - 1.7 60ft's. I daily on 255/40/17's and ive currently got Nitto NT05's all around on my car (awesome tire).

The car hooks up amazing in 1st gear.

well, enough rambling, just figured id show you my ride height with my current tire size although this is on a 17x9 + 22

(scroll to 2mins, you'll see that the tires hook up in 1st. Pretty awesome considering ive got a full bolt on + cam ls1 in my S14.)

TRC- SHELBY GT500 200 shot, KA-T 240sx, NSX, CTS-V, LSX 240sx - YouTube
And those are just regular NT05's right? Not the NT05R are they?
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #2190
Chops@MVP
Zilvia FREAK!

New 275/35/18 BFG Drag Radials. Unfortunately this will be the widest I can go without pulling the fenders and running a spacer. I just barely clear the coilover and it's flush with the fender. Spinning at 50 mph is now a thing of the past . It dead hooks now at 15-20mph without even warming them up.

Regards,
Robert

940-683-8282 x20
Robert Del Angel

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER!!!