Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #1
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Trying to open a tire shop in Beaverton OR

Hello Everyone

I was planning to move to Beaverton OR from LA before and It has been delayed for some reasons...

I and my friend came up with an idea about opening tire shop which carries
variety auto goods and also could provide tires at very inexpensive price.

every time I go to get tires, I always worry about having my wheels damaged.
simply I wish I could mount them my self..

my business plan is
1.Open 7days a week
2.Awesome customer service
(careful and fast installation to avoid damages on wheels, and reduce
waiting time, low prices for any type of tire)
3.Package deals for Car enthusiasts for events and such

I want to make my place to be where people have car meets on weekends and come out to hang out, very open to public type of business.

I think I will carry mainly Hankook tires, Nexen, but other brands as well.

Let me know if you have and suggestions and any opinions.
any comment will help.

thanks
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
gnozahs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
gnozahs is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That'd be tight.
gnozahs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
or.. if there is other location you guys might think will do better....
let me know...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey whats going on. I live in Vancouver, WA, roughly about 30minutes from Beaverton. There are tons of people around that area that are in dire need of this kinda service, although I'm pretty sure there are some people that already have special tire shops in that area. Check out Northwestnissans.com for more of a local venu for that area, there should also be some more people that can give more details locally and if anythings availible. You could also try to see what shops people are already going to and try to match prices to help bring people ina create a good business.

Car meets would also be a pretty cool thing to do, BBQ weekends possibly when the weather gets better.

Good luck for ya, I cruise to Beaverton all the time. I'll deffinately swing in sometime if all this goes through.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc240 View Post
Hey whats going on. I live in Vancouver, WA, roughly about 30minutes from Beaverton. There are tons of people around that area that are in dire need of this kinda service, although I'm pretty sure there are some people that already have special tire shops in that area. Check out Northwestnissans.com for more of a local venu for that area, there should also be some more people that can give more details locally and if anythings availible. You could also try to see what shops people are already going to and try to match prices to help bring people ina create a good business.

Car meets would also be a pretty cool thing to do, BBQ weekends possibly when the weather gets better.

Good luck for ya, I cruise to Beaverton all the time. I'll deffinately swing in sometime if all this goes through.

Thank you for info !!
I am going to to visit OR again in late Feb to see any commercial building for lease and stuff...

BBQ sounds good !!!
Old 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
K_style
Post Whore!

I will be visiting in town middle of next week..
I am ganna look for a couple of places for lease..

Hope it goes well !
Old 02-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #7
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I was wondering what your update was man! Hurry and move up! You can hire me on to work at your shop if you pay more than AutoZone pays me...
Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Marc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMarc240 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Ya whats the word?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #9
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeLite Racing View Post
I was wondering what your update was man! Hurry and move up! You can hire me on to work at your shop if you pay more than AutoZone pays me...
I am afraid I won't be able to hire anyone in the beginning..

Quote:
Ya whats the word?
I am getting all information together... I should be visiting in town
within 2~3 weeks...

I was little busy going to drift event and all.. LOL

do you guys have event often ? if so.. where is track ?
Old 03-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
Marc240
Zilvia Member

We dont have events in Portland anymore. The Raceway PIR closed everything down cause of recent/past events.

Evergreen Speedway - best track that we have up here
YouTube - Evergreen drifting
Bremerton,WA
Pacific Raceways- at times- but more private
South Sound Speedway
CellBlock D - Canada, right across the border
Used to have Portland international raceway.
I think there are places in yakima and Spokane as well.

Other than that, its pretty much the streets
Old 03-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #11
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
We dont have events in Portland anymore. The Raceway PIR closed everything down cause of recent/past events.

Evergreen Speedway - best track that we have up here
YouTube - Evergreen drifting
Bremerton,WA
Pacific Raceways- at times- but more private
South Sound Speedway
CellBlock D - Canada, right across the border
Used to have Portland international raceway.
I think there are places in yakima and Spokane as well.

Other than that, its pretty much the streets

streets doesn't seem so good idea.. for many reasons..
I hope there is some events when I move up..
Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #12
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Haha I was JK brotha I got my hands full with tattooing pt and azin pt and taking care of a new born.......Kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #13
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_style View Post
streets doesn't seem so good idea.. for many reasons..
I hope there is some events when I move up..
Yes....I know....
Old 03-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #14
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Haha I was JK brotha I got my hands full with tattooing pt and azin pt and taking care of a new born.......Kitten!!!!!!!!!!!!
yepyep

dont worry I knew it was J/K lol..
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #15
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yes....I know....
but I assume.. cops are more polite up there than Cali...
Old 03-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #16
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

You still cruisin up in a few weeks?
Old 03-04-2010, 01:24 PM   #17
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
You still cruisin up in a few weeks?
Flying actually..
Old 03-04-2010, 02:42 PM   #18
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sweeet. I just moved from socal to Vancouver WA a few weeks ago. If you are ever looking to hire people please post on here. Not many members on here that are from the Northwest.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #19
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedm View Post
Sweeet. I just moved from socal to Vancouver WA a few weeks ago. If you are ever looking to hire people please post on here. Not many members on here that are from the Northwest.
Like I said before I won'y be able to afford any employees for while..
I should be able to take care of all the labors in the beginning.
wonder why there are not many people northwest..

seems pretty good place to live..
Old 03-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #20
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Not alot of people venture onto Zilvia in the northwest, mostly just a select few. Searching for parts and questions, but not to tlak about anything else.

Like I said, Try Northwestnissans.com, you find nothing but local people on that site.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #21
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Not alot of people venture onto Zilvia in the northwest, mostly just a select few. Searching for parts and questions, but not to tlak about anything else.

Like I said, Try Northwestnissans.com, you find nothing but local people on that site.

I just joined Northwestnissans.com
Hope I get to meet more people there...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #22
Weedm
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Weedm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I just joined as well. It took like 3 days to get my account verified but eh. As he stated, 99% of the people there are from the northwest. The best part is, you can find cheap parts locally and meet the local S chassis guys.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:49 PM   #23
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedm View Post
I just joined as well. It took like 3 days to get my account verified but eh. As he stated, 99% of the people there are from the northwest. The best part is, you can find cheap parts locally and meet the local S chassis guys.
Yep... I am waiting mine verified too...
I will be on that forum but.. not sure.. if I will be on as much as zilvia....
seems zilvia has much more infos and.. stuff going on...
Old 03-08-2010, 11:32 PM   #24
Marc240
Zilvia Member

Zilvia has WAY more stuff going on, mostly because its a world based forum not a specific area. And way more info.

Mostly I just use that site to sell/buy parts and talk to other local people, not really for info or questions
Old 03-08-2010, 11:35 PM   #25
Marc240
Zilvia Member

BTW

if you guys are in the Northwest already, attend Golden Gardens the 28th of March, this month. roughly around 700+ cars and 1000+ people. 3-4 nissan/datsun forums meet every year.

Its a huge meet, be there before 10am just for a parking spot
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 AM   #26
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
BTW

if you guys are in the Northwest already, attend Golden Gardens the 28th of March, this month. roughly around 700+ cars and 1000+ people. 3-4 nissan/datsun forums meet every year.

Its a huge meet, be there before 10am just for a parking spot
I am still in LA area... won;t moving there till summer time I think...

that seems really big meet...
Old 03-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #27
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Beaverton and the general Portland area is beautiful. expensive to live tho, but coming from cali, im sure youre used to it. UnNatural is in Beaverton, so it might be a good deal depending on who Wes usually gets his tires from. i dunno if he does that shit in house or not. good luck.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #28
K_style
Post Whore!

Plans got little delay due to $$ issue.. however I will be moving there shortly and
get a job up there.. and get back on track !
Old 04-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #29
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideWell View Post
Beaverton and the general Portland area is beautiful. expensive to live tho, but coming from cali, im sure youre used to it. UnNatural is in Beaverton, so it might be a good deal depending on who Wes usually gets his tires from. i dunno if he does that shit in house or not. good luck.
Unnatural closed a couple months ago. Just fyi.

Good place to mount/balance tires that's an actual storefront is sort of lacking around here, and weekend service would be ideal.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
Unnatural closed a couple months ago. Just fyi.

Good place to mount/balance tires that's an actual storefront is sort of lacking around here, and weekend service would be ideal.

I should have some "ZILVIAN Special" !!
cant wait to go up there and... DO it !