Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #121
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
you have a list of the USDM parts? I dont think i have it anymore.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #122
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Masai come to Flawida, its like California without the bullshit emissions. Plus we can roll around two-tone style.

Trevor/Shane, estimated completion date?

I'm pushing for October on the 13.5, and I haven't even begun the tear down yet.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #123
Chrismunoz8

Trader Rating: (0)
Chrismunoz8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow, just looked through the thread and its amazing. Great job man!
Chrismunoz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #124
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
We will see after I start walking again. Trista has actually been talking about how bad she wants to move so .......
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #125
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Magical Trevor
You and Trista definitely need to make the move, it's awesome here!

Steven - no completion date, it will be done when it gets done..

As far as the DCC goes, the install on the Shane's vert will be much more comprehensive and useful that using the components on my car. I would say a good 80% of what is going to be used on the vert came from USDM cars.
Magical Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #126
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Magical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the roughMagical Trevor is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismunoz8 View Post
Wow, just looked through the thread and its amazing. Great job man!
Thanks bud! It's definitely been a journey.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:01 AM   #127
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Masai- I have extras for all the sensors from USDM cars if you need them. I pull them from the junkyard every time I go.

Steven- if you tear your car down as far as we did this one and get it back together by October I'll let you touch my peepee. You seem to be relatively detail oriented so I don't see you making that dead line.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #128
jdizzy204
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
jdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enoughjdizzy204 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Lol, good to see some progress made on this car. I thought this project had been canned for the longest.
jdizzy204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #129
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Jamel you know that ain't the truth. I'll be getting up with you soon for a few things.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #130
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Got some more work done on the car today. Not a big update, but it's slowly moving along.

Took the time to finish off the rear hatch area with the dynamat. This was about as much of a pain in the ass as the firewall was. Once again, heat gun, necessity.

Also finished up the last of the dynapad in the cabin area. Using 3M adhesive works really well, just make sure you have a fan or something to vent the fumes. I was high as a kite after 10 mins of spraying this stuff.

Came out pretty nice and I'm glad that part of this project is done.

After taking a break and coming down off of my 3M supplied chemical high, I didn't want to climb back in the car so I ended up putting the engine crossmember back in. We were going to drop the engine is tonight... however, we couldn't find the motor mount brackets. They'll turn up eventually, I was just to tired to dig through every last box and turn the garage upside down.

While I was installing the crossmember, Shane decided to start the wire tuck of the chassis harness. Let me tell you, fuck... that noise. That is one thing that I loathe. Shane has some sick obsession with it and I think he enjoys it way to much.

Test fitting and zip ties.

Center console solution. Very rough idea, this isn't the center console we're using. We decided to cut this one up to use it as a template.

So yeah that's pretty much it for tonight. Nothing spectacular, but there are parts of these kind of builds that are just straight up menial and have to be done right with the proper amount of time taken.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #131
StryfeS13
It's Always Broken.

Trader Rating: (14)
StryfeS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Really nice job on the build so far guys.

I know how you feel on that wire tuck, I did mine a few months ago and I'll never do it again.
Gotta love Zilvia.
StryfeS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #132
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Subscribededededed.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #133
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Made a significant step in the build process today. Dropped the engine in real quick before I had to goto work. Took the time to find the motor mounts and brackets today.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #134
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Everything is so shiny... except for the valve cover. Any plans to switch to one of the colors in your color scheme to give it a little more "pop"?
Old 03-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #135
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Trevor View Post

Center console solution. Very rough idea, this isn't the center console we're using. We decided to cut this one up to use it as a template.
Was it a real PITA?
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #136
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I love the contrast between crazy shiny paint and wrinkle coat matte VC.

Looks great dudes!
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #137
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions View Post
Was it a real PITA?
To cut out the console? No not at all. Some time with a dremel and it was done. The relocation process as far as wiring is something that gives Trevor a migraine, but for some reason it relaxes me to do that work.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #138
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaby2089 View Post
I love the contrast between crazy shiny paint and wrinkle coat matte VC.

Looks great dudes!
Thanks man! That's the look I'm going for. The picture of the valve cover looks horrible because I took it with my phone. But all my charge pipes will be wrinkle black along with my intake manifold and compressor housing on my turbo as well as the intake. Should be a sharp contrast with the anodized purple in the engine bay.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #139
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

If I had to use those two colors I would have switched them around, wrinkle black block and shiny gloss black valve cover. Regardless, I'm sure it'll come around with the charge pipes.

You've probably thought about it already but I would be interested to see the valve cover the "other" color that you showed me at the shop.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #140
cchondro
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
cchondro is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love the black motor.
I just love dark sinister looking engine bays
good work man!
cchondro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #141
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
If I had to use those two colors I would have switched them around, wrinkle black block and shiny gloss black valve cover. Regardless, I'm sure it'll come around with the charge pipes.

You've probably thought about it already but I would be interested to see the valve cover the "other" color that you showed me at the shop.
The coilpack cover is going to be that color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchondro View Post
I love the black motor.
I just love dark sinister looking engine bays
good work man!
Yeah man I love the look of it! It's not for everyone but it gets the point across.

Last edited by Magical Trevor; 03-12-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Old 03-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #142
Sansone
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Sansone is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I like how everything in the bay is black. Looks rad. Great stuff so far, keep it up.
Sansone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #143
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
The blacked out engine bay was a great idea. Now just make sure you only run black Kevlar lines in it
Old 04-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #144
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey man, thanks for referring me here for the rust preventative info. How much did you guys actually use to do the interior? Did you start on the underbody yet? I'm just trying to gauge how much I would need to buy to do the complete underbody and redo the interior like you have.

Props for doing it correctly
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #145
reeskm
Leaky Injector

reeskm is an unknown quantity at this point
Any updates on your build?
reeskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #146
Magical Trevor
Zilvia Addict

Updates coming, been busy moving into a new house and moving stuff from the shop to the house. It's been quite the process.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:55 AM   #147
Wake
Premium Member

i miss you ladies.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #148
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
I need updates guys, you're killing me here.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #149
wattupbaii
Leaky Injector

wattupbaii is an unknown quantity at this point
This is going to be automatic?
wattupbaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:27 AM   #150
PNWphotog

PNWphotog is an unknown quantity at this point
Sweet ! a reason to check Zilvia. Thanks for saving me from "chat" section lol Now we wait.
PNWphotog is offline   Reply With Quote