Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-19-2015, 10:19 PM   #691
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
They are though he stacked them together trust plus these are very dim for brake lights yess the when they are pictured they look bright but its the camera that makes them look bright
Old 09-20-2015, 05:19 PM   #692
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Yeah I would not trust those LED strips for a second. You need to retrofit the lights with LED modules from another vehicle with DOT approved lights (truck/trailer clearance lights at the LEAST) or better yet make your own PCBs with superflux red-orange LEDS.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:07 AM   #693
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

^ R32 GT-R
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:26 AM   #694
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
The worst thing about LED taillights is when one of the LEDs is out/dimmer/slightly out of array. Then they look like a light-up scoreboard at a third rate sports team's home stadium.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 07:39 AM   #695
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaP7z95Qw3g
Old 10-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #696
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The worst thing about LED taillights is when one of the LEDs is out/dimmer/slightly out of array. Then they look like a light-up scoreboard at a third rate sports team's home stadium.
Would you prefer a bulb where a large section stops illuminating?

Listen, there are pros and cons to everything. I am not disagreeing with you, but the pros with LED tech in many ways out weigh the cons.

No need for colored filters. No need for heavy gauge wiring due to less amperage draw. Longevity (if designed well).

I cant think of too many applications where I say "man, i wish i had my old bulbs"
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #697
Nightstylejapan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Nightstylejapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Really need some help here guys.. I have a 97 Kouki and recently converted my front end to Zenki, yes you heard that right.... My issue is the headlight wiring.... High beams are direct swap no issues. However the low beam
Connector has 3 pins on the Zenki, my chassis wiring for the Kouki has a 2 pin connector. I was planning on a de-pin and re pin to keep everything clean. However I'm not sure what I will have to do to ensure everything will work correctly? Any suggestions? I have Zenki bulb pigtails already as well.
Old 10-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #698
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstylejapan View Post
Really need some help here guys.. I have a 97 Kouki and recently converted my front end to Zenki, yes you heard that right.... My issue is the headlight wiring.... High beams are direct swap no issues. However the low beam
Connector has 3 pins on the Zenki, my chassis wiring for the Kouki has a 2 pin connector. I was planning on a de-pin and re pin to keep everything clean. However I'm not sure what I will have to do to ensure everything will work correctly? Any suggestions? I have Zenki bulb pigtails already as well.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481&page=624

and to zenki front conversion. That's so fucking lame.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:18 PM   #699
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Quote:
Would you prefer a bulb where a large section stops illuminating?
The remark was in regards to ugly custom jobs where the LED's are too far apart and the array is all goofy or shaped like a heart.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #700
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
The remark was in regards to ugly custom jobs where the LED's are too far apart and the array is all goofy or shaped like a heart.
matej, this is zilvia. your words are blasphemous.

Originally Posted by Nightstylejapan

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
That's so fucking lame.
Not just lame, its retarded.

"Hi guys, I just bought my 180SX Type-X and I removed all the aero and installed a USDM KA24E w/ automatic.

(sigh)
Old 10-06-2015, 07:47 PM   #701
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
matej, this is zilvia. your words are blasphemous.

Originally Posted by Nightstylejapan

Not just lame, its retarded.

"Hi guys, I just bought my 180SX Type-X and I removed all the aero and installed a USDM KA24E w/ automatic.

(sigh)
I actually LOL'd

I've considered doing this, but I couldn't on my OEM 98.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:58 PM   #702
Matej
Post Whore!

Dear Mike (ixfxi),
There is a car I have which uses three BA15s sockets for the tail light and brake light functions. It has a dimmer low wattage bulb in the tail light socket and two bright higher wattage bulbs in the brake light sockets.
I want to swap all three to 1156 LED bulbs and convert them to dual function, so that all three will light up dimmer when the tail lights are on, and when the brakes are applied all three will go to full bright mode.

This is the method I planned to use, unless there is a better one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yrvmEUMFGo

What size resistor/diode should I use for a bulb like the one shown below?
Should I use a separate resistor for each bulb, or will one resistor suffice?
Are all plug-in automotive LED bulbs garbage?

Will my car burn down?
Would I be better off converting the sockets to BAY15d and using regular 1157 bulbs?

Thank you for any input. Let me know if you charge for your advice.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:07 AM   #703
ixfxi
Post Whore!

i have no idea how any of that works
Old 10-07-2015, 02:17 PM   #704
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
I just installed the GE LED headlights onto my 93 240.

You need to cut the rubber boot mostly off of the old connector,
Remove the headlight's body panel, then sort of wedge the connectors between the frame and the topside of the light itself and secured with a ziptie from one of the holes on the frame corner.

If you dont, there is not enough space for everything, and youll pop the headlight rod out of its socket. use the manual knob instead of the button to test the placement

Split color signals are plug and play

Maybe Ill try to sleepy eye mod a spare set of light frames.
I think GE should have stuck a "running light" on the bottom so it looked like the whole thing was illuminated

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 10-07-2015 at 05:56 PM..
Old 10-07-2015, 05:04 PM   #705
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Sorry but that looks terrible.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:24 PM   #706
Nightstylejapan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
Nightstylejapan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I actually LOL'd

I've considered doing this, but I couldn't on my OEM 98.
Lmao, such hate from everyone. Kouki's are fully rad but don't get me
Wrong zenkis are even sweeter imo. Its all personal preference... But don't get it twisted my cars not some pos. Lol it's a Crushed s14 with limit break pbm everything, lots of rare parts inside and out, with Real BN type 4 aero. On real work cr Kai.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #707
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Sorry but that looks terrible.
Yeah, Im not feeling the half and half look. When theyre off its clean... On... Not so much. Tempted to do something about it. It looks a little different in person too though, doesnt look so unusual as that day pic does

Im debating an led strip with some diffusion film on the bottom edge of the glass facing in

Quote:
Wrong zenkis are even sweeter imo. Its all personal preference... But don't get it twisted my cars not some pos. Lol it's a Crushed s14 with limit break pbm everything, lots of rare parts inside and out, with Real BN type 4 aero. On real work cr Kai.
Many see it as a downgrade from the frontend that was already on it, since everyone converts the opposite way. Personally, I like zenki, but I wouldnt get rid of kouki for it

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 10-07-2015 at 06:41 PM..
Old 10-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #708
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
you know, when I go out to eat... I eat sandwiches with real meat, and real cheese. and when i eat crab, its all real - not that imitation stuff.
i like how you justify everything, as if you need to please us on the forum. as if your car belongs to us.

whats a "crushed" s14, anyway?

ps: your car is missing some pieces.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:45 AM   #709
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
is that a real isis intercooler?!
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:32 AM   #710
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

That car isn't special and the lights certainly aren't either. Looks like every other unfinished trendmobile with poor fitting fiberglass panels. This thread is about lighting upgrades not how to jerry rig a front end conversion anyways.

350z oem headlamps with new outer lenses, clear projector lens swap, blue cutoff shields, cob led orange halos, osram cbi bulbs

posting this for kicks as it's not a nissan but I just finished it and it's still somewhat relevant. 2015 tundra sr5 with ls460 bixenon projectors, osram cbi bulbs, candy tinted side reflectors, gloss black headlight bezels, platinum style LED switchback DRL/Signal with custom diffused lens.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #711
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
350z oem headlamps with new outer lenses, clear projector lens swap, blue cutoff shields, cob led orange halos, osram cbi bulbs
when you say "new oem lenses" does that mean new aftermarket lenses on OEM housings? why not just buy new OEM headlight assemblies? looks nice though.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:18 AM   #712
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
I just installed the GE LED headlights onto my 93 240.
Maybe Ill try to sleepy eye mod a spare set of light frames.
I think GE should have stuck a "running light" on the bottom so it looked like the whole thing was illuminated
I like this. There is another post on here about the output, which looks good.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #713
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
when you say "new oem lenses" does that mean new aftermarket lenses on OEM housings? why not just buy new OEM headlight assemblies? looks nice though.
They are oem assemblies with aftermarket lenses. The original lenses were very deteriorated and spider cracked as they all seem to get after only a few years. The fitment into the channel on the housing is not superb but the uv coating seems to last about the same time as original nissan units. Maybe one day there will be a UV barrier impregnated into cast PC by manufacturers?
Old 10-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #714
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Yeah, the fitment with the aftermarket lenses is complete shit. People think "its a 350z headlight, oem, aftermarket, same thing, they should fit"

*should fit*

but they dont. the fitment and seal are very questionable.

there was a production run of lenses that have been more prone to crazing, but not all of them have this issue. i have a surplus of OEM 350Z headlight lenses in excellent condition. its a shame though, because the 350Z community has really gone downhill. i used to work on 350z all the time, but times have changed.

i would say the majority of 350z owners have joined zilvia, if you guys know what i mean. :-P
Old 10-08-2015, 03:48 PM   #715
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Oh yes. I even remember when the 240sx was the "350z" of the tuner world. That was back when fully clear taillights were a huge deal.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:17 PM   #716
das1294

Trader Rating: (0)
das1294 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone know where I can get these light done? or if I could buy the whole thing for a zenki? pm me please
das1294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:51 PM   #717
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Ima stick with stock for now...

Theyd be cool with a lazy eye mod, not the look im going for.
Ill add that the color is an awesome clean white
Headlights for sale heeeeaa

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 10-08-2015 at 08:31 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 09:35 PM   #718
status
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
status is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post

Quote:
DIW thread is full of people who'd want their car to look beat on purpose. I'd like to do something similar to this

Quote:
I don't know the guy personally but Status Leds on fb seems to make a pretty decent product. These don't look like strip leds. Of course i wouldn't use strips either but here's another look.

Yep, these are all me. And they are all strips.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:40 PM   #719
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^they look good, I'm a fan

Old 10-19-2015, 05:54 AM   #720
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
NSX headlights