Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #151
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
word.
msglngth
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #152
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift n Drift View Post
so for the people that know your shit on lights, whats the option for brighter yet non blinding lights for an s13 that keeps the function of the popup assembly?
ebay h4 headlights & hid kit. works great.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #153
Chapabig
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Chapabig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I will buy a J30 retrofit on pop-up headlights for the low.....lmk
Chapabig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #154
didderson
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
didderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enoughdidderson will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to didderson
Derpson hid

Morimoto D2 Bi-xenon [high beam nigga] retrofitted to some ebay ABS housings w clear lenses. Theretrofitsource.com

Old photo. They're quite a bit of work and maintenance with the flip-up feature still active. The 3 tiny lines moving past the middle of the clear housing do split up the beam a bit, but there's still good cutoff and I love the output :P. Nice having better lights than most jags and Bmw's.

Not sure if i like the blacked-out zombie housing look anymore. Might pull em apart and redo.
Worst part of their kits are the relays. Get Bosch relays instead.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 AM   #155
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
i love how you guys get chumped by these fake japanese mishimoto/morimoto brands
Old 11-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #156
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
The morimoto's actually have really good light output and a nice cutoff. I dont see where the problem is.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #157
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
The morimoto's actually have really good light output and a nice cutoff. I dont see where the problem is.
i dont see any DOT stampings on them

dont qualify as real headlight components in my eyes
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #158
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
you make a good point on that. didnt even really think of that.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #159
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
nice thread! what size/hid/fogs do i need to buy for my s13 silvia triple headlights?
Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #160
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift n Drift View Post
so for the people that know your shit on lights, whats the option for brighter yet non blinding lights for an s13 that keeps the function of the popup assembly?
Cheapest option & great light output

Overpriced baller status
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #161
Andres_G
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
Andres_G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
i dont see any DOT stampings on them

dont qualify as real headlight components in my eyes
So your argument is that since they are not certified by the DOT, they are not real and should not be in cars?

If that is the case, then alot of the cars on this site should not even be on the road....given that most aftermarket parts are for "off road".

Please correct me if I misunderstood you.
Andres_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #162
Te37
Zilvia Addict

Te37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choicesTe37 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres_G View Post
So your argument is that since they are not certified by the DOT, they are not real and should not be in cars?

If that is the case, then alot of the cars on this site should not even be on the road....given that most aftermarket parts are for "off road".

Please go into further detail about the cheap morimoto brand? Everybody on this forum seems to be brainwashed that xifi whatever is some lighting god.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #163
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:

You wouldn't believe how much illegitimate shit is on the road these days. And lots of zilvians are complaining because they get pulled over by cops

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #164
Andres_G
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
Please go into further detail about the cheap morimoto brand? Everybody on this forum seems to be brainwashed that xifi whatever is some lighting god.
I in no way implied that Morimoto is a cheap brand. However, Morimoto IS massed produced in China and the defective units are picked out by QC here in the States. I my self like Morimoto and run it on my vehicles because I like HID's and they are easy to install than a traditional HID retrofit. They are not top notch quality, but like I said, they are the easiest to install.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #165
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
My argument is that you dont understand the process. The DOT does not certify anything, they only set the standards. You see, a reputable manufacturer is supposed to be responsible for your safety. They are supposed to send their parts out for independent testing to ensure the product they are selling is compliant. If they sell headlights, that headlight design should be compliant for the country they are being sold in.

Quote:
Thats right, this is why hockey pucks should not be used as engine mounts, tires shouldnt be stretched beyond their limitation, and cars should not be excessively lowered. You see, there are things called standards that we need to adhere to. I am not saying I follow all the rules, but the difference between me and the common Zilvian is that I at least know the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te37 View Post
i dont know why you're denying it. you know you want to suck my dick. i mean, you're already on your knees.... just cradle my balls and dig in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Shift n Drift
>> so for the people that know your shit on lights, whats the option for brighter
>> yet non blinding lights for an s13 that keeps the function of the popup assembly?

>Me: ebay h4 headlights & hid kit. works great.
so I login this morning and see:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Shift n Drift
Something like this?
7x6 Square Diamond Cut Glass Headlight 8000K H4 HID Low Beam Only Thin Ballast | eBay
I heard the higher number you go the more blue it turns, and if you want more white of a light, go lower to like a 6000k, is this true?
And I found this one with a cutoff shield
HID Headlight Conversion Kit w Real 6000K H4 Bulbs 7x6 Chrome Housings White | eBay

(sigh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoti
Cheapest option & great light output
- Hella
Overpriced baller status
- Cibie
Overpriced because you cant afford it or overpriced because its a better product?

I'm always amazed at how people just talk about things without proper knowledge. The Cibie headlight is a better headlight, hands down. This is not even a topic for discussion, just check the ISO sheets. The high beam performance of the Hella blows cock.

But hey, I guess some people are into blowing cock.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #166
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
I my self like Morimoto and run it on my vehicles because I like HID's and they are easy to install than a traditional HID retrofit. They are not top notch quality, but like I said, they are the easiest to install.
i hate owners like you. blinding drivers with your shitty ass "HIDs".
Old 11-05-2012, 02:51 PM   #167
tapdeznutz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (50)
tapdeznutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
subscribed.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #168
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
I my self like Morimoto and run it on my vehicles because I like HID's and they are easy to install than a traditional HID retrofit. They are not top notch quality, but like I said, they are the easiest to install.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
i wouldnt go so far as to hate the guy
at the very least, its a worthy attempt... nothing wrong with that

its like the guys that install polyurethane bushings in their car... at the very least its better than driving around with busted old bushings. but after a while, you start to realize why they're inferior, and then you pull them out only to start over again.

im not going to necessarily bash morimoto products and say their trash. rebased HID kits are trash. these are.... trashy, but not trash. i just happen to be a stickler for OEM parts and understand that they're superior.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #169
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
So lighting experts, with a Raybrig housing what would be the optimal plug n play bulb? Looking for a nice, pure white. Nothing over the top. Hella? Piaa?
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #170
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
mikeyee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
i can only imagine the amount of fucks he gives right now.

the venza lights i fixed up for my friend were installed recently

and i picked up another Japanese LED magazine from my friend that Im going to scan sometime this week.

heres a few shots i took with my phone

mikeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #171
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I keep seeing people mention these cibies. They refer to them as baller. I looked them up. $99/each? I spend more on ammo every trip to the range. My cellphone bill is more than that. Shit my cable bill is more than that. Fuck gas for a week is more than that. It would cost me more to drive around the block and find some HID headlights to jack and retrofit some janky quarter assed bullshit onto my car. $99/each is baller? how do you people pay for registration?
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #172
RocketOgre
Leaky Injector

RocketOgre is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb4_96 View Post
I keep seeing people mention these cibies. They refer to them as baller. I looked them up. $99/each? I spend more on ammo every trip to the range. My cellphone bill is more than that. Shit my cable bill is more than that. Fuck gas for a week is more than that. It would cost me more to drive around the block and find some HID headlights to jack and retrofit some janky quarter assed bullshit onto my car. $99/each is baller? how do you people pay for registration?
This is Zilvia, everything is over priced. Quality isn't worth it, and convincing everyone your knock-offs are the real deal is a badge of honor.

I just got my box from clear-corners with some Cibies and bulbs, looking forward to getting them in the car.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #173
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
yup... i couldnt agree with you more. people complain that they are more expensive than hella. who cares, they're better - period. now if you're pinching pennies and trying to keep costs down, sure... i understand. but its like tires, the way i see it.. why not budget and buy the best you can afford?

its like people cant understand the word budget. they just live paycheck to paycheck. "man I'll NEVER be able to afford volks... i guess this paycheck goes to ROTA... to replace my previous rotas that are bent and out of round" hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketOgre View Post
I just got my box from clear-corners with some Cibies and bulbs, looking forward to getting them in the car.
they're still in business??
Old 11-06-2012, 03:35 PM   #174
Jlugo711
Leaky Injector

Jlugo711 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
its like people cant understand the word budget. they just live paycheck to paycheck. "man I'll NEVER be able to afford volks... i guess this paycheck goes to ROTA... to replace my previous rotas that are bent and out of round" hehe
Oh Lord, I can't agree more. Living in Florida, I'm surrounded by people like this!
Jlugo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #175
Andres_G
Zilvia Member

Quote:
I don't always blind people, but when I do, I hope it is morons like you.

Have you had any experience with these "shitty" ass HID's? If no, then do us all a favor and pipe down.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #176
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I keep seeing people mention these cibies. They refer to them as baller. I looked them up. $99/each?
$99 each? Show the link I'll get a pair
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:08 AM   #177
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews

fastback reverse light

rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:15 AM   #178
ta2maki

ta2maki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rat240 View Post

fastback reverse light
[ IMG]http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t206/dr1f7t/aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg[/IMG]
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:50 AM   #179
mikeyee
Leaky Injector

mikeyee is an unknown quantity at this point
playing with some kouki s14 lights

mikeyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #180
Mister.E
Post Whore!

mikeyee? how much are you charging for these LED tail light conversions? i just bought a set of kouki tails, and the work you did above on them looiks pretty legit.