Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 PM   #1
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drftwerks Send a message via MSN to drftwerks
Fix or start over???

When it first happened

After new tail light

Would Overfenders cover enough of the damage??

or should i jsut get a new chassis??
Old 12-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #2
TKfoshori
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TKfoshori is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TKfoshori
overfenders would cover most of it, but the frame isnt bent, just rock the dent like a balla!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
yea just rock it like that, no problems driving it I assume. Look at georges old car, that thing was 3 times as banged up lol.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #4
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
get chargespeed overs, they go do the edge. you can fix anything left over with some filler. but why not try to knock it out a little bit at least, easy to reach that area from the back.

but of course, you need a new taillight trim piece, and trunk
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #5
sideview_180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
sideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to beholdsideview_180sx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sideview_180sx Send a message via Yahoo to sideview_180sx
where in socal are you located. R. Rabe could fix that good for you, if you are in socal. One of the best known painters in the industry. He could fix everything and toss on some over fenders so that it fits flush and such.

formerly sideviewcivic
Save a Horse. Drift This Cowboy.
AirBag Club Member #0014
sideview_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:37 AM   #6
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
that doesnt look THAT bad, you could atleast take out some of the major damage and either bondo the rest or overfender.
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:09 AM   #7
fromxtor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
fromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfectionfromxtor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fromxtor Send a message via Yahoo to fromxtor
Go at it with a dent puller, primer, then throw on the chargespeeds. They offer the most coverage in overfenders.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #8
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Most 50mm fenders should cover most of the area, but it leaves some room.

Origin

Get a slide hammer and a screw attachment thing and pull it out as much as you can, fill the rest. On the rear of mine I had like this ripple, not sure what happened there, but some filler and sanding it down smoothed it down.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #9
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideview_180sx
where in socal are you located. R. Rabe could fix that good for you, if you are in socal. One of the best known painters in the industry. He could fix everything and toss on some over fenders so that it fits flush and such.
Werd. Richard is the bomb! If he has time to fix it for ya!

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #10
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks like it's been fixed once before as I see some filler. May as well do it again. Good excuse for overfenders.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #11
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Your car looks just like my fiance's car lol But much lower.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #12
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
It'll buff out overfenders for a faster fix.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:59 PM   #13
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

drftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfectiondrftwerks is close to perfection
yea, im in nor cal, the fenders sounds like it will do the trick, ad yea haha i might as well try and fix some damage on my own
Old 12-11-2006, 02:18 PM   #14
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
All you really need to fix is that edge/corner where it meets the trunk if your getting overs. Althoough it might look a little goofy, overs on stock wheels
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #15
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

i gots plenty wheels to fit overs
Old 12-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #16
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Wow, thats ugly man. I would just find a new chassis, but I am also very picky about body damage. It all depends on what you are using the car for and if you are cool with whatever else is damaged/tweaked.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #17
drftwerks
Nissanaholic!

not much else is damaged, the guard rail scraped the top of the bumper, so no real strutual damage is present
Old 12-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #18
ledzeppelin240
Zilvia Addict

ledzeppelin240 is a well-known jackass
Well put some overfenders on there then and call it a day.

My rear fenders on my car have quite a few dents and stuff, so I have decided to go with over fenders, plus i can now fit some wide rims/tires in the back.
Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Looking for: JDM S13 OEM Sideskirts
ledzeppelin240 is offline   Reply With Quote