Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #61
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
lots of stuff
i half agree and half disagree

i think a modded rb25det in an otherwise worn out stock 240sx on some skinny and old all season tires is a bad idea for someome new to driving.

i don't think a stockish s13 sr or a rb20det raises the same concerns. but, imo, there is a better way to do things than engine swap first.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2006, 10:33 PM   #62
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Word... Of course there are different view points and people consider all types people in the spectrum...

ballers and douches alike
Old 12-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #63
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Fuck it...go ahead and buy a 240, and stick the RB in there before you do anything else. Let us know how it feels when the rear end slides out in the rain for the first time youve ever driven it, and then you slam into the curve cuz of the extra power that you have in a car that you didnt get familiar with enough.

Fact of the matter...i doubt that you have enough driving experience period. Your lack of driving experience, throw a high torque rwd vehicle, the natural urge to speed in a fast car, new found freedom of having a car, have a couple of friends in the car == perfect recipe for a disaster. No im not looking down at you, Im saying this cuz most of us has gone thru this shiet. I was 21 when i bought my Kouki. Ive been driving since I was 15 so i wouldnt call myself inexperienced. The first time I lost control of my car in the rain nearly gave me a heart attack. Luckily I didnt hit anything but it will happen. I wasnt doing anything out of the ordinary, trying to get into an on ramp, slowed down into the turn doing 15 mph, slick road, end up 180 facing on coming traffic. Loosing control on a rwd car is completely different to a fwd vehicle. Learn the cars tendencies first, and know your own driving limit.

Also, how mechanically competent are you? Saying that you know how to turn a wrench wont mean shiet. An engine swap isnt something that you just decide to do on your own. Even if you have guidance online, it wont necessarily tell you every single thing. Alot of it is gonna be figuring shiet out on your own. Ask around, i doubt anybody in here has done an engine swap on their own, when theyve never even done their own tune up. Only chance you have in succeeding in attempting something this mechanically complicated is having somebody physically there to guide you with every single thing. Again, Im saying this from personal experience, when I did my SR swap, I was barely mechanically capable. If it wasnt from friends of mine who kept an eye on me (bailing me out when i get stumped on something), I would have never completed it. It took me over 2 yrs floating around 240 forums to have enough knowledge for me to even consider doing a swap.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:07 AM   #64
datboibrad
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
datboibrad can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
why waste 6 grand on an rb when there are far better options. hell why even go rb25 over a ka (unless you plan on getting into the 800whp+ category).

im far from pro nissan on motors but yet and still i wouldnt knock any of them. my issue is bang for the buck vs hype. spend 6 grand on a better motor than an rb. ill let you figure out the rest.
datboibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #65
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I agree that people overdo the whole RWD is dangerous for kids.

but there's a LOT that a stock 240 can teach you about driving that you might miss out on if you just swap in an RB on day one. ANybody can drive a fast car fast. But if you can drive a slow car fast, then you will blow people away in a fast car.

One of my roommates has an E36 325is and the other has a 2000 mitsubishi mirage. We were all gonna go out one rainy night, and the BMW guy insists we take the mirage because its "safer" Keep in mind that this mirage literally has the WORST crash ratings of any car in the USA. Yeah, somebody is hyped on the rear wheel drive myths.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote