Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #1
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Help with figuring out freight shipping.

Well, its time to go pick up an engine from someone but a problem exists. They are located a ways (say more than 5 hours) from my house.

I am basically looking for info on shipping companies, prices, sizes to ship, etc.

General info is I am basically looking to ship a longblock from North Carolina to Maryland. I am also looking to ship it to a storage unit to cheapen the costs as compared to shipping it to a residential area. But, thats an option I havent decided on yet.

Thanks, Chris
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
call a shipping company.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
call a shipping company.
hahah

true story

try bax global

we used to use them for large items and pallet stuff

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:28 PM   #4
Ian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bax Global, Estes Express I think is another good freight company

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
call a shipping company.
Kiss my arse (j/p)

I called a few places, but I still wanted to see what people were using, experience, reviews etc. You can only get so much of an unbiased review from calling the actual shipping company themselves
Old 12-12-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
Well you should probably listen to Logan...since I'm pretty sure he ships alot of stuff.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
los_inc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
los_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond reputelos_inc has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to los_inc
roadway is a decent shipping company
you might have to open an account
los_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
I don't ship a lot of large stuff like motors, but it's not rocket science.

Just price it out, if cost is cheaper than driving yourself, then do it.

As long as its a reputable known shipping company you should be fine.

I'd be more concerned about the seller's packaging methods.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
joshuaput
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
joshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nicejoshuaput is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I use alot of shipping companies for work. I would say that Usf reddaway is the best i have used. they seem to be the cheapest here. but estes is good also. i would get online and check out their websites for prices.
joshuaput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Look around for local freight handling companies. Most of these companies outsource to larger shippers like FedEX and DHL anyway, but can get you a quality rate.

One way to get some good refrences is to google something like "customs broker" and then your town name on Google maps, and then call a few places. Try to get one that deals with small shipments (stuff like informal entry), and then ask them for refrences to some local freight handlers.
ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:19 PM   #11
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
For how much it weighs just get a mini crate and drop it in and call or visit this link to Old Dominion Freight line.

DHL loses so much stuff... used to ship with them untill they stoped carring about an air bag I shiped that was in a value of $950 with shipping.

fedex and ups arent recommended either due to the weight.

http://www.odfl.com/rateestimate/

when it says class just google shipping classes and you will find a site that lists things for you. Give them a call and they may be able to work you a deal.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:40 PM   #12
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Damn, thanks for all the useful info guys.

I did do a search on here, and although I came up with some posts, nobody really had any good reviews and such and I wanted to see personally what people thought and used. Definately appreciate it!! I will be looking into these at the end of the week when finals are over

As for fedex, even with my account, doscounts and such, they still wanted to charge me an arm and a leg to ship a block from Cali (over 400 smackers)!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 PM   #13
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
that sounds right.

at my last job with their account discount a front fascia from az to ny costs about 235 and thats mainly due to size and how fragile they are.

i think you may see around 300 give or take a few due to weight and being a residential delivery. its the price of convenience.