Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #1
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
No Garage/storage place to work on car??

Well, its coming winter now and I was working out of the community parking lot but since its so cold now, I was looking for somewhere over the next few months to get my car torn down and rebuilt over the winter hall (gives me something to do on the break).
I have checked storage facilites (like public storage, etc), but unfortunately, they will only allow you to store your car there but now turning or wrenches. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I can look for to rent over a few months to get all this work done.

Thanks, Chris
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
You have winter in jamaica? We are just getting starte and its 5 degrees out... debating whether i should go out to take teh gauge cluster out of my car so i can finally install those LED...
Old 12-08-2006, 09:55 AM   #3
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ya im still pullin part off my parts car in wind and 0 degree temps, LOL.

winter in Jamica would be awsome, what is it 65, LOL
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #4
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Ahhh, forgot to mention, I am in Maryland currently

Any options??
Old 12-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
nonissan
Leaky Injector

nonissan is on a distinguished road
not sure what your exact prediciment (sp?) is, but there's a few things you can try....

if you are in an urban environment, you can check craigslist.org for people with garage spots willing to rent. if you are in the burbs, you can also try craigslist, but prolly have better luck asking a friend with an extra space if they would rent to you, or even a neighbor. but then it may be hard to get in there to work on it....
nonissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
I use to store my stunt bikes in storage units before I made space to keep them in my garage. The owners said that we couldn't work on anything also but everynight we would park the bikes up to fix what we broke and do it during the afternoon too. There was also a guy two units over that was building some road race civic hatch in there with the door open and the owners never said anything to either of us.
SO you still might beable to get away with it
One thing I love about florida good weather all year round
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #7
jobestudios
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the roughjobestudios is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ya, just close the storage door and work away.
jobestudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 PM   #8
freeman
Leaky Injector

freeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobestudios
ya, just close the storage door and work away.
yeah that is the way to do it
freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 PM   #9
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Also if there are warehouses, you can ask to rent a space and see if you can work on cars.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #10
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

How big a unit do you think I might need?? I was thinking along the lines of a 10 x 10. Looking to basically do an engine swap/tear drop in that sucker
Old 12-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #11
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
you need at least enough space to fit your car, which is about 15 feet long, plus room to walk around it.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #12
turboeic
Zilvia Junkie

turboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond reputeturboeic has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach5camaross
ya im still pullin part off my parts car in wind and 0 degree temps, LOL.

winter in Jamica would be awsome, what is it 65, LOL
Thats So Cal dude! and were freezing in that weather. but yea i would say to try ta get a jomiez to help you out
turboeic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM   #13
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
10x10 might be too small for you cause I had I think it was a 12x8 and that shit was a pain with 3 bikes in there so I couldn't imagine a s-chassis in there, you need to go somewhere along the lines of 15x20 minimum to be comfortable
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I know a local storage place by the airport that says no working on cars for insurance and legal reasons. Every weekend there's dudes working on their project cars and Garage bands practicing. Have to find the place that doesn't care/
Old 12-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #15
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboeic
Thats So Cal dude! and were freezing in that weather. but yea i would say to try ta get a jomiez to help you out
It was -19 before wind chill on thurday morning here, and a got 10-15 mph wind. good thing i didnt have class, slept tell 11 stayed in side and avoided the cold LOL.
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 12:52 AM   #16
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
wussies
here in jersey we work on our cars on the damn curb in 20 degree weather. frostbite doesn't bother real men until gangrene sets in
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:00 AM   #17
kenversusryu
Zilvia Member

kenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nicekenversusryu is just really nice
my friend's brother rents out a small warehouse with five other guys. They all park and work on their race cars there. But those guys are pretty serious. I think the warehouse used to be a garage. Anywayz, it was in a part of town where there were tons of mechanic, tire, transmission, specialty places... So go to that part of your town and see if you can rent a garage space or at least rent part of a warehouse. It'll be expensive tho. He rents his little corner for 600 bucks. That's my rent.
kenversusryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #18
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Well, there is one for low key place I will probably end up checking out this week sometime. Everywhere else wants to charge me ****loads for thier space!!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:52 AM   #19
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
like AJ said find a chill place, maybe a non-corporate business storage place,

orrrrr

get a Roll-Off.

mhmmm
Old 12-14-2006, 07:31 AM   #20
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
Write a letter to PIMP MY RIDE. They have a big garage...

They just got done installing a 5-4 lug swap on my car. And since it's Christmas they figured outthat red goes with green...I mean, green and red go together in Christmas. Whoever thinks they don't is an idiot.
Do you see those big nostrils? They're supposed to suck in air.

I mean people here think negative camber is cool cuz it's like different or something. But it's getting played out now...just like wide rims. So it's on positive camber now and they decided to put skinny tires. Who wants fat tires anyway...that's just like...nm.
P4rD0nM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:43 AM   #21
j20accord00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
j20accord00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to j20accord00
i bought one of them shelter logic outdoor tent things. its 10X20 and i layed a deck floor in it so it wasnt just on the dirt or whatever. but that size is actually pretty good and fun to work in. I put lights and everything in it and a little heater from home depot. that thing kicks butt in the winter man. my parents dont let me in the garage anymore so im almost out in my little tent. oh and by the way it was like 180 bucks for the tent. if you got the room to put it somewhere it might be cheaper then renting out a unit for the whole winter. just my 2 cents

-Evan
j20accord00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:58 AM   #22
speedstar01
Zilvia Junkie

speedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
wussies
here in jersey we work on our cars on the damn curb in 20 degree weather. frostbite doesn't bother real men until gangrene sets in

hehehe gross, but i dont mind working out in the cold here in NY. you just gotta get out there and start working. (i like to use the engine heat to work if im doing somethng under the hood) and skinny sissy girly gloves help too...sometimes

RalliartRsX you just gotta look around town. do you know any mechanics or any shop owners that may let you use there garage with lifts? there is always someone with some spare space
speedstar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:07 AM   #23
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I'm with the tent and the heater deal, sounds good to me.