Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 AM   #1
Bullet01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (24)
Bullet01 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Where can I get this wheel or can someone recomend a similar wheel

I recently got new wheels a month ago but I only got 3 cause that's all the guy had when he gave it to me. They're Rota N1Rs 16x7. THe thing is that this model is discontinued which pisses me off cause they look nice. Does anyone know where I can possibly pick one more up or at least recomend a wheel that looks juss like it. I was interested in getting 17in Rota Grids for the rears, but the only ones i can get will cost $240 and it'll take 2-3 months to ship to a local wheel shop. So im holding off on those for now until i can find something else. Wheel gurus, help me out!...haha

The Rota N1R
Bullet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #2
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rota =

16x7 = size

I'd suggest saving for a better set of wheels, rather than wasting energy to find the 4th ugly wheel.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
16x7 is a bit small nowadays - maybe you could look into another set of wheels - with a better offset. those are going to look pretty sunk in on a 240

if ur tight on $ theres some cheap cheap cheap wheels with *better sizes and offsets. Sportmax on ebay are wider and bigger but have whack offsets - but better than those. Rota D2s and grids are common in 16x8/8.5 +20s

did u buy a set of 3 wheels? bc thats just not even funny.
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Why must people put wheels that look worse than stock se wheels on their car. I just don't get it.

Unless you purposely want your car to look like trash, you need to stay away from dumpster spec rims.

There is no race to make your car look, "sick". So just slowly save up your money so it will look complete. Instead of purchasing crap, then advancing to mediocre and then being to broke to afford the good stuff.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:55 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Those look like stockers, ugggh. I think I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit.

Seriously, sell those to some kid driving an Accord and pick up some decent wheels from the For Sale Section.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
trsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
trsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to beholdtrsilvias13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sounds like he got it for free (not sure though , he stated the guy gave it to him).

OP, if these are discontinued, the best bet would be searching on ebay and craigslist. If you really want to use this, just use two wheels until the tires runs out or use it as track wheels. Then keep one as a full size spare. If it was me, I run them until the tires are gone, then throw them away or recycle them and get like a few bucks back.
trsilvias13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #7
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
get a pair of rota grids 16x8 +10s if you are set on running those wheels.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 05:29 PM   #8
Bullet01
Zilvia Junkie

Haha...I luv it how the ones wit the most posts here are the complete jerkoffs of the thread.

Anywayz, trsilvias13....thats pretty much the set up im using now. Its not bad at all. The car juss needs to be lowered definately

ayuaddict.... I def am looking at the Grids but in 17s in the rears and was goin to throw the N1Rs up front. Get that staggered set-up. Its going to take 2-3 months to get any Rota Grids in at the wheel shop and all the Rota Grids i found online come in 4x100 patterns. Any other input would be nice in a 6 spoke wheel and if you wanna give me another shitty opinion about my set up, I dont give a damn cause again....u are J.E.R.K.O.F.F.S.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet01
Haha...I luv it how the ones wit the most posts here are the complete jerkoffs of the thread.

Anywayz, trsilvias13....thats pretty much the set up im using now. Its not bad at all. The car juss needs to be lowered definately

ayuaddict.... I def am looking at the Grids but in 17s in the rears and was goin to throw the N1Rs up front. Get that staggered set-up. Its going to take 2-3 months to get any Rota Grids in at the wheel shop and all the Rota Grids i found online come in 4x100 patterns. Any other input would be nice in a 6 spoke wheel and if you wanna give me another shitty opinion about my set up, I dont give a damn cause again....u are J.E.R.K.O.F.F.S.
Ok you need to learn something about forums. YOu post some ugly wheels that are not made anymore looking for spares. Now maybe you like them? Thats ok, though a lot of us feel they are ugly. Again you posted them and now your suprised at off hand comments about how bad they look? Grow up.
There are a lot of good wheels out there, that look better, that you can get without breaking the bank, 6 spoke at that. Your not going to win any points or get any respect by calling people jerkoffs just for voicing their opinion that your wheels are ugly. In fact it will probably make people disregard you all together.
After all they did not call you any names or insult you. Though you do seem to be doing that to them.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 12-07-2006 at 07:22 PM..
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #10
94cc0rd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute94cc0rd has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 94cc0rd
check the advertisor specials... i think one of the advertisors still has some rota grids left...

i wouldn't run rotas on my car tho...
94cc0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:16 PM   #11
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
the only reason why i suggested the 16x8 +10 rota grids are because of their decent offset, getting 17s would defeat the purpose altogether.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:54 PM   #12
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
Quote:
Any other input would be nice in a 6 spoke wheel and if you wanna give me another shitty opinion about my set up, I dont give a damn cause again....u are J.E.R.K.O.F.F.S.
you need to relax a bit

what's the offset?

a sunk wheel won't look as sunk before lowering. lowering makes it more obvious

just something else to consider
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 PM   #13
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I saw your wack post on 240sxforums.com, where everyone is a mindless drone, and has no taste.

If you want your car to look GOOD and NOT cheap, you should seriously consider getting a different set of used wheels.

There's more to wheels than just face design, and width, you gotta think of offsets, tire size, ride height, etc. THOSE few things will change the look of your car INDEFINATELY.

Just thought I'd say what's on my mind.

Also,

Those wheels were discontinued for a reason. :P

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:13 AM   #14
dopeyx27
Zilvia Junkie

dopeyx27 is on the path to ruindopeyx27 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240FaLKoN
I saw your wack post on 240sxforums.com, where everyone is a mindless drone, and has no taste.

If you want your car to look GOOD and NOT cheap, you should seriously consider getting a different set of used wheels.

There's more to wheels than just face design, and width, you gotta think of offsets, tire size, ride height, etc. THOSE few things will change the look of your car INDEFINATELY.

Just thought I'd say what's on my mind.

Also,

Those wheels were discontinued for a reason. :P

Lol, that was a dream killer! ahha
dopeyx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #15
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Quote:

Well, since you are just begging me to keep it real...

Lets begin.

What in the hell possessed you to purchase low profile tires when your car has ZERO need for them. Your car is sitting higher than that ford in the back ground. By the way it looks right now, your car might win pizza cutter of the year.

You want to and are willing to wait three months for crappy rims? You're so cute.

I hope you figure out propper wheel sizing, because my integra has a lower offset than you do.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #16
Bullet01
Zilvia Junkie

!Zar!...what the hell are you talkin about. Who said anything about me waitin 2-3 months for Grids. Your so cute?....your a sweetheart there fruitpop. Its juss gonna take the shop that long to get em if i order it in which Im not cause its so long, ill probally forget that I ordered them. "Keep it real" for someone else.

Guys, I know these wheels are doo doo in size and all that(no more flaming, im scorched...haha) but they're juss wheels to beat the shit out of especially since i wanna get more into drifting in the summer and attend Club Loose open events in Englishtown, NJ. The roads here are juss so bad and im not going to invest in uber wheels juss to hurt them in horrible potholes. I got these wheels from this guy who used them with the same purpose.

Im lookin into the 16x8 Grids right now cus they do have way better offsets. Iono, I like the look...i guess i have shitty taste but o well.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:14 PM   #17
gorgasm
Zilvia Addict

gorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nicegorgasm is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to gorgasm
stay away from that rota garbage.
buy russells sterns.
gorgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:42 PM   #18
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Hell yeah, STERNS.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:55 PM   #19
Bullet01
Zilvia Junkie

Me like
Old 12-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #20
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute

you could get these

theyre kindof the same
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #21
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer

you could get these

theyre kindof the same
i used to like the budnik wheels

on like slammed silverado trucks

that was pretty short lived

lol

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:02 AM   #22
byhi
BANNED

byhi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products

lol
i call BS, you still like em!!!
byhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #23
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Spec Products

lol
those look like eagle alloys. you're so wrong!! lol. i like trucks too, when they're towing my 240sx to a event!
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 AM   #24
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

your sideskirts are like really wavy.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:30 AM   #25
redsuns3838
Zilvia Addict

redsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the roughredsuns3838 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to redsuns3838
Quote:

Any other input would be nice in a 6 spoke wheel and if you wanna give me another shitty opinion about my set up, I dont give a damn cause again....u are J.E.R.K.O.F.F.S.
nice lift kit and 15s.

oh btw i gave u a neg rep. =)
redsuns3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:34 AM   #26
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
Quote:
holly crap that is one ugly ass car looks like zombie 240 poor car.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:00 AM   #27
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
im wondering wth that white mark is
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:39 PM   #28
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
hrm, where in his post did he ask for someone's opinion about the looks for the rims? I guess there is a unwritten rule on zilvia where you have to have uber flush offset and superlow car.
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #29
koukimonster139
Zilvia FREAK!

koukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfectionkoukimonster139 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to koukimonster139
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdevo
hrm, where in his post did he ask for someone's opinion about the looks for the rims? I guess there is a unwritten rule on zilvia where you have to have uber flush offset and superlow car.
whoa crap someone finally figured it out.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #30
MURPHY
Nissanaholic!

MURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfectionMURPHY is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to MURPHY
hahaha isnt that jesse's car?
MURPHY is offline   Reply With Quote