Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-08-2006, 05:09 AM   #1
aznxplayer
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
aznxplayer can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznxplayer
wheel replacements?

so, i ordered a set of wheels from japan using rinkya and one got fucked up on transit to here, pretty bad...sooo i showed the pictures to a wheel repair shop and they said non-repairable. anyone know wehre to order custom barrels for wheels or what i can do to salvage it? insurance on shipping only covers that one wheel so im fucked.

aznxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 05:16 AM   #2
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
what do you mean insurance only covers 1 wheel? go after them and get money back
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:22 AM   #3
aznxplayer
Zilvia Member

they shipped the wheels individually so its just one wheel that was damaged thru shipping...1/4 of the cost. =\ anyone know where i can order new or custom made barrels for the wheel?
Old 12-08-2006, 05:48 AM   #4
20 til 3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known20 til 3 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
oic...and as for the new piece...you would have to contact work, and it will most likely be expensive for 1, but worth it, and then you would have to refinish all the other wheels also
20 til 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:43 AM   #5
S13SilviaGirl
UGH Really?

Trader Rating: (4)
S13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfectionS13SilviaGirl is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How the hell did that happen? Was the box damaged as well? Crazy shit, sorry about it. Wish I could help you more on the barrels...maybe PG guys could give you a reference to someone?

My Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTCSuperstar
I surf Zilvia naked in my home...
S13SilviaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #6
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
frankly i'd say you're pretty well fucked.

It *might* be possible to special-order a new wheel from Work, but that's pure speculation.
Looks like they dropped a damned 40' container on it.
Should've asked them to send in pairs. Ends up being cheaper shipping.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #7
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
What the hell happened? Damaged during shipping? Or they used the box in a game of garbage truck soccer. There are a couple of threads from way back about changing barrels, search there.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
That's a welded wheel, based on this pic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxplayer

...so just swapping barrels is NOT an option.

Call a few more repair places, that's mostly in one piece...I'm amazed they said it's unrepairable (???)

- Brian
Old 12-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #9
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
^did yo see the pics of the front?
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #10
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Tell rinkya that your item got damaged and request a refund. You bought a set of wheels, not four separate wheels.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #11
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mach5camaross
^did yo see the pics of the front?
Yep...and to me, they look like fake rivets / fake bolts.

The SSR's on my wife's G35 are built like this...looks 2-piece, but it's reverse-lip and welded on the rear...you can't separate the center from the hoop.

- Brian
Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 PM   #12
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
He is right the face is welded on to the barrel.
I would honestly take it to a few more places to get different opinions.
I've repair shops online that have fixed some janked up wheels before so you might want to source a few and email them some pics
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #13
JewGal
Leaky Injector

JewGal is a well-known jackass
Try...
http://www.wheelcollision.com/
JewGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #14
bigOdom1
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
bigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfectionbigOdom1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
thats ridiculous
bigOdom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Its hard for places to fix wheels that are severly bent. Fixing weakens it and it becomes a liability, most will tell you no. You might find one that will say yes but it might not be very strong...
Old 12-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #16
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
why dont you just tell the insurance company to order you another wheel? they still make that wheel, its a euroline dh right?
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #17
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
The problem is he probably got those wheels on the cheap and even if he did get insurance money, it pales in comparison to the cost of a brand new Work wheel. Basically, he's fucked.

Even if you did get it repaired, would you really want to drive around on a wheel where the barrel was torn? I mean it wasn't just bent, it got torn up. Something massive must have been dropped on it.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #18
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
you could put the money towards buying a new wheel since you probably wont find somebody selling one wheel that happens to be the same size...just keep bugging the insurance company...thats some grade A bullshit...
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #19
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Those are NOT repairable. That's some messed up shit.

Give me size and offset and I can calculate how much a new replacement would cost you.

It's going to be shinier than the other one but better than a C student wheel average.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #20
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
ins value should be on the replacement cost, not the price paid
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 06:30 PM   #21
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Make sure to get money for the tire too.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 08:31 PM   #22
kdaniels

kdaniels is an unknown quantity at this point
ouch i feel sorry for ya
kdaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #23
aznxplayer
Zilvia Member

thanks for the input guys, i found a guy that can replace the barrel given its a 2peice, which i think it is cause the work websites say the newer DH is 2piece. if not then ill just run 3 =( or order a newer model for the 4th one =((((
Old 12-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #24
dvdevo
Zilvia FREAK!

dvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enoughdvdevo will become famous soon enough
that sucks man. at least you got it before christmas.
dvdevo is offline   Reply With Quote