Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-08-2006, 06:51 AM   #1
draggin93

Trader Rating: (0)
draggin93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nissan pickup with sr20

I'm looking for pics of Nissan pickups with sr20s. I'm currently swapping a redtop into my 93 and would like to see some other trucks.
draggin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #2
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Quigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I dont know this guy personally, but he was drifting in GT Live at VIR.

He had a SR in it, and did fairly well. It was cool too because he had it so that flames shot out of the smokestacks while he was sliding

Unfortunately this was the only pic that survived my camera's memory card being wiped out.
Quigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Shadytrixta1
Leaky Injector

Shadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruin
Are you sure thats an SR, I thought that truck had a 4G63 in it?
Shadytrixta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:32 PM   #4
drew935
Zilvia Addict

drew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her selfdrew935 is making a name for him/her self
yea I agree. It is mitsu truck. It would make sense to have a 4g in there.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Hmmm... reminded me of this
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoNegra

thats pretty pimp!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:42 PM   #7
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

Quigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond reputeQuigs has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm...I'm pretty sure the dude said it was an SR. He was chillin' over by the Nico booth and I thought I saw the Nissan valve cover peeking out when I walked by and he had the hood popped. I could be mistaken though.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #8
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
years ago, heavy throttle had pics of a couple hardbodies w/ sr's. I don't know if they still have them. A google search brings up pics of an ugly lime green one as well
Old 12-08-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
draggin93

Here's mine as of a couple of days ago. I've cleaned up the wiring and moved the battery to the back. I like the little datsun with the CA.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:50 PM   #10
almostinzen

almostinzen is an unknown quantity at this point
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2167341
almostinzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:57 PM   #11
draggin93

Notice how the front of his motor points up towards the sky. When I first mounted mine using the sr mounts if did the same thing.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #12
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Everyone at FD proam nationals told me the orange truck had a 4g. He slides it pretty nicely and the stacks are cool. Don't think it has an SR.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:58 PM   #13
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
INTENSENESS! Most of the sr's there look pretty built too.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:26 PM   #14
LookOut Nick
Zilvia Addict

LookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond reputeLookOut Nick has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigs9808
I dont know this guy personally, but he was drifting in GT Live at VIR.

He had a SR in it, and did fairly well. It was cool too because he had it so that flames shot out of the smokestacks while he was sliding

Unfortunately this was the only pic that survived my camera's memory card being wiped out.
sorry quiggsy but mikes truck has a Mitsu 4G63 powerplant with a t3/t4 setup hehe seen it run at many events...and just for thsoe who wanted to know he has spark plugs in his stacks which= tight 5 foot long fireballs in mid slide ha

More info below
http://www.thedrifttruck.com/
Old 12-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #15
Ameerov
Zilvia Member

Ameerov is making his/her stupidity well-knownAmeerov is making his/her stupidity well-knownAmeerov is making his/her stupidity well-known
wow, that cleared up alot of tension.
Ameerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:57 PM   #16
Quigs
Zilvia Junkie

My bad.

Next time I'll do my research
Old 12-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #17
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
FWD motor...Interesting. A lot of a certain ethnicity in this area puts 13b's in Mazda/Ford pick up trucks since they put 13b's in everything. 13b is a lot better then the yucky 12a's though...
Are you looking for pics just for fun or do you have questions?

How difficult is it to turn a 4g63 rwd?? He needs to bead blast that frickin valve cover! yucky. I dont know why but it makes me happy to see he recirculated his BOV and that radiator hose makes me laugh
Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 AM   #18
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
its not very difficult at all. Mitsubishi 4 cylinders are really good about bolting up to other mitsubishi transmissions.

Or you can just put the head onto the truck block.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #19
TurbLu
Zilvia Member

TurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-known
god damn dope stuff mang... this is what Im about to do for my boy...
TurbLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #20
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Maybe its time to put a 4g63 into a 240 then......
Old 12-11-2006, 08:28 PM   #21
TurbLu
Zilvia Member

TurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by draggin93

Notice how the front of his motor points up towards the sky. When I first mounted mine using the sr mounts if did the same thing.
So what exactly is different from doing this in my 240 than it will be in doing it my friends Nissan pickup? Ive done this in cars allready. I commend you on your project...
TurbLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #22
FunctionFiRst
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
FunctionFiRst is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
RB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPz2eI1_kl8

FTW!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #23
NervGS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
NervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant futureNervGS has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NervGS
4G into an starion.

Done.

= Sexy Car.

-glenn
NervGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:18 AM   #24
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
that isnt even a nissan or datsun truck.

its a dodge ram d50
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:13 AM   #25
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
Maybe its time to put a 4g63 into a 240 then......
too much trouble im a dsm guy ..well used to be
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #26
draggin93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbLu
So what exactly is different from doing this in my 240 than it will be in doing it my friends Nissan pickup? Ive done this in cars allready. I commend you on your project...

Motor mounts are different, You have to modify the driveshaft, wiring is more complex, I relocted the battery to the bed, shifter comes out further back than the stock KA shifter so you have to modify the tranny cover,AC,power steering, etc.,etc.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #27
draggin93

It's also pretty common to drop a chevy 350 into Nissan trucks.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #28
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
my buddy had a 93 hardbody with a sr20 in it, It was pretty sick, very fast on the freeway, but becouse of the rear leaf system it would just spin and flop everywhere under its power. He was going to put in a custom rear s13 subframe etc. but he got a ticket etc. etc. Im not sure he has it anymore, but it was very sleeper with the FMIC rhidden half behind the bumper etc.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:45 PM   #29
Shadytrixta1
Leaky Injector

Shadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruinShadytrixta1 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbLu

Wiring= teh suck, body and engine are 1 harness IIRC
Shadytrixta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 05:30 PM   #30
draggin93

I'm on bags so I have no idea how the suspension will react. I don't expect it to pull like a 240, but it should be fun.

The wiring for the motor is integrated with the chassis wiring. I had to remove the dash and blower to access it all.