Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-09-2006, 07:52 PM   #31
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan
i disagree with that. Your ability to install an engine has no bearing on whether you can drive it or not. Mechanical knowledge is not driving knowledge.
look at it this way

If you can put it in, you know what was done when it went in
You can take it out to fix it
Repair your own shit

save $$$$$$
more trackdays, nad parts and tires, and stuff in general

thats what i meant to say

and your mechanical ability DIRECTLY relates to if you make it home after a wreck or not
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #32
kouki_s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
kouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfectionkouki_s14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kouki_s14
its not a HARD swap, you just gotta be a good problem solver, because you will run into problems that will force you to be creative.
be prepared with at least $6,000 to pay for everything (this amount includes motor and bunch of stuff you need) Greddy intake manifold will cost more.
i cant tell you what to do about the swap, you'll probably do it regardless of what people say on the forums, but i do agree you must learn to drive the car first. Considering the fact that you're 15 years old, you dont have your license right? which means you dont have too much driving experience unless you drive without a license.
Do what makes you happy, just be careful and dont crash such an expensive project. Be smart about things, thats all i have to say. Good luck with everything
kouki_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #33
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresthaboost?
lol Ive already decided that ill be looking for a zenki and eventually putting a kouki front on, I never said the ka is crap and I just wanted to see what everyone thought of someone my age and with my experience attempting to do an rb swap. I like the rb because I wouldnt have to modify it to have relativley good power and I could keep it stock. Also, the thread that you mentioned is totally different, I started it to get opinions on the s14 I was looking into and have now dismissed...

If I do do the swap im not gonna be fucking with the wiring...
Dude, I have spoken back to the text in your post here with EVERYTHING I have responded with. I am not telling you NOT to do it, I am telling you how to do it if you plan to have the car any longer than a month after getting the engine in it without killing yourself and/or the car in the process.
You're not even 16 yet, but you want to undertake the engine swap and look to do the work yourself, I applaud your fervor, but I have and will continue to tell you that your focus is in the wrong place at the wrong. Have you not been paying attention to what you're being told? Learn to drive the car first, then modify the driveline for more power, THEN learn to drive the car modified, THEN aim for more power. It has been stated several times here, I don't know if it can be stated any more succinctly without the posts in response becoming more "flames" in nature, I actually commend my own and others' patience with this thread.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:06 PM   #34
S13FREEAAK
Drifterella

Trader Rating: (14)
S13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfectionS13FREEAAK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Ok, I have some experience in your situation. I'm 18 now, I was in your shoes when I was 15. I got my first 240 3 months before I turned 16. I drove it stock for that whole summer, I learned how to drive it. I attended every AutoX in my area that summer. You won't believe how much fun the stock 240 is, they have plenty of power for someone to learn to drive hard with. you won't really want a swap right away after you actually drive the car in an event or something. The next spring I put coilovers, some 16s with 245/45/16s, 5 lug, q45 brakes. Then I ran the car until August like that. And believe everyone on here, the car felt completely different. I had to relearn it and it was soo much fun. Then in August I built the KA and turboed it. It was aroung 350-400whp. And I highly suggest you don't have a turboed car for awhile. And now the car has a full cage more suspension, bigger wheels, and its getting a ~550hp set up. Doing it this way is awesome, gradually build your car. I now have a built S13 and a stock S14 for a daily. I haven't been in a single accident, and I credit that to autoxing once I got my license.

So in short, get a stock 240, leave it stock. Attend a bunch of Autox's and HPDE's, do suspension, wheels, brakes, do more events, then worry about power.
S13FREEAAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:08 PM   #35
psychoblue23
Zilvia Junkie

psychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar!
So you have 8k to spend on the swap?

And another 4~k for a s14?

I'd suggest upgrading your car in terms of handeling first.

Just because you can drop a engine in doesn't mean the car can handle it.

Stop fast to go fast. Get z32 brakes or some form up upgraded brakes.

Then get suspension.

Then further down the road get power.

Look into a ka-t setup.

It's ALOT cheaper.
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to !Zar! again."
+1 for you sir.. thats the best idea I can think of.

I dont want to jump the gun and assume anything about your driving skills.. but it always helps to make sure you can 1. Handle the power and 2. Stop it from going out of control. Do that then wory about soem huge RB swap.
psychoblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #36
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
a stock s14 is not ready for an RB
a 16 year old kid is not ready for an RB

and yokota, if you can afford to do an RB swap you can afford a tow truck home from the track. Just because you can save money by doing a swap yourself doesn't mean necesarily that you shouldn't get it done if that is an option for you.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:13 PM   #37
wheresthaboost?
Zilvia Member

wheresthaboost? is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP
Dude, I have spoken back to the text in your post here with EVERYTHING I have responded with. I am not telling you NOT to do it, I am telling you how to do it if you plan to have the car any longer than a month after getting the engine in it without killing yourself and/or the car in the process.
You're not even 16 yet, but you want to undertake the engine swap and look to do the work yourself, I applaud your fervor, but I have and will continue to tell you that your focus is in the wrong place at the wrong. Have you not been paying attention to what you're being told? Learn to drive the car first, then modify the driveline for more power, THEN learn to drive the car modified, THEN aim for more power. It has been stated several times here, I don't know if it can be stated any more succinctly without the posts in response becoming more "flames" in nature, I actually commend my own and others' patience with this thread.
Sorry if I didnt make it clear but I am taking your advice, im looking for a stock s14 to learn on and when I do get it ill be making suspension modifications and such until im ready for the big swap...

RB25DET S13
wheresthaboost? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:15 PM   #38
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan
a stock s14 is not ready for an RB
a 16 year old kid is not ready for an RB

and yokota, if you can afford to do an RB swap you can afford a tow truck home from the track. Just because you can save money by doing a swap yourself doesn't mean necesarily that you shouldn't get it done if that is an option for you.
but there in also lies the problem
People scrap up all the money that they can, and put everything into an engine swap. Leaving nothing in case something happens.

I personally, wouldnt do an engine swap unless i at least put the engine in. It takes a day or less depending on how fast or motivated you are.
then buy one of the premade harnesses and have at it. its not a hard swap. Use it as a learning tool
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #39
TurK
Zilvia Addict

TurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to TurK
i see you live on the panhandle as well....id say before you even think about the swap find a 240 to drive....i have a zenki that im putting back together..might sell it here soon.
TurK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #40
TurK
Zilvia Addict

TurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurK is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to TurK
also check out www.racingpensacola.com
TurK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #41
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
I totally agree with what the others have stated in this thread. but i do disagree on one thing. If you plan to swap the car, there is not point in doing the header. it would be wasting your $$$ for the swap. buy an ebay intake and do your 3inch exhaust.

getting to know the car stock is extremely important.

i bought my car blown up. completely stripped engine bay. did auto to five speed and a built KA in it. drove it NA for 6months and loved it, then turboed it. upgraded the brakes and got an LSD. But wish i did at least some of the suspension first.
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #42
azndummie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
azndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant futureazndummie has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I feel the same way as s13 freak, although i did get an s14 kouki, which i love and i modified slowly, but was also very fucking expensive. I did attend some events which taught me a hell of a lot. In some ways it took me a while to get used to suspension mods, and other mods which made the car a world of a difference. Some other mods that aren't even engine mods can provide a different feel that is more than that of an engine swap. A stock ka is very good for learning on.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #43
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
I know how to drive, never driven anything rwd though, I thought 6-7 months would be a good enough time to wait to get aquainted with the car...
dude take it from me you canot I mean CAN NOT learn a car in 6 months. im 17 ive been driving since i was 12. (track time not street) ive been driving an S13 for 2 years now. first i upgraded suspension. and had to relearn the car, then I upgrated brakes and again had to get used ot the car. then I did an SR swap and had to get used ot the car yet again. then I did RHD and once again Im still trying ot learn the car. its been exacly 8 months since i did the RHD. its not easy, sure enough i can drive the car straigh and what not, not swerve in trafic etc. That dosen't mean you knwo your car. Knowing the way your car handles is knowing exacly how long it takes you to go from ____ speed to completly stoped, the distance it will take, teh reaction the car will have to it. Also how fast you can go through a turn before the cars starts sliping, how the car reacts to countersteer, braking/more gas. basically fuilly understand how the car will resppond to any sort of movement. not only driving like an old lady but as well as when you are having a spirited drive. I can call you a kid because ive gone through all this. and fellow zilvians such as john griff know what im talking about.

Yeah I am the coolest kid in school but don't get too cocky as you will also get haters. think about it.

oh and for your info i got:
S13 coupe
Silvia Frotn end
S13 blacktop SR
RHD conversion
HKS Carbon Ti exhaust (FS)
HKS downpipe
HKS SSQV
Kinetic Sports FMIC
SARD Fuel pressure regulator
Silvia Front and rear brakes
and more stuff i can;t think of right now.

so do your research, learn your car well. then decide what you want.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:11 AM   #44
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You might think you know how to drive, but learning to really drive takes years and years. I still improve every single day I get back out on the twisties or to a track. Before you go and put a motor in that will be capable of huge exit speeds, massive burnouts, etc... learn how to handle a car. It is NOT easy
ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:03 PM   #45
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I don't think it's the swap you should be worried about, it's the money. I say go for it if you really want and you don't have to follow what some of these guys here are saying. If you want to start out with an rb25 powered stock s14, go for it. You just have to be smart about your driving and your whim of burning tires or street racing is going to have to be toned down. Everyone is different and that's what makes us all unique.

Good thing about starting off with a good powered stock car is that you'll get use to it pretty fast and start upgrading from there if you want. You'll know what needs to be worked on, such as better traction or wether it's stronger brakes. Eventually you'll get to everything, I'd actually recommend going with KA-T, SR, or CA for you just because of your age. It's not driving wise for your age; I think it's the cost, easier to work on a 4 cylinder engine than a 6 cylinder, and less money for maintenance. If you can afford to maintain the engine then go for it. Seeing as how you may not have a job yet and may still go to college, think realistically here. I'm sure your mom doesn't want to blow $20+k into your s14 for you. Believe me it can reach there FAST unexpectedly.

If you can afford an rb25 swap and replace whatever else that breaks then you're good to go. Just hope you're not going to depend on your mom for money and other car related stuff. If you're independent when it comes to cars, then go for it. If you're still asking Mom for money and help...highly doubt it's going to happen for you. It's all self-motivation and I'm not sure if you've mentioned it yet, but are you working or thinking about working in the very very near future?
Old 12-11-2006, 05:56 AM   #46
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
wow thats kinda scary a kid that has never driven a rwd car owning a 240 with a rb in it!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #47
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
Being able to drive a shitty car fast > being able to drive a fast car, shittily
Old 12-11-2006, 12:29 PM   #48
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
my god is everyone here PUSSIES

RWD
get over yourself
you guys make it sound like RWD is so DANGEROUS

shit is like any other car
i cant believe you say this shit
all thsoe folks overseas in the UK, Japan, etc etc who get these cars STOCK are still alive

everyone on here needs to get over themselvss like RWD is some new danger technology

for the Original poster
go for it
do it
if u need help do research and get some locals to help you out
dont mind the haters

rwd..give me a break.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:37 PM   #49
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Actually, no Aaron, what I was saying is that 15-16 year olds in the US can't fucking drive and it would not be wise sticking a high-horse engine in a car that he does not yet know how to handle. You telling me that your first car was someone's fully-built monster and that you were born with the innate ability to NEVER have lost control, or did you have to learn like the rest of us?
The fact of the matter here is that I was telling the kid that he would be building the car TERRIBLY out of order if he STARTS with the RB swap and I THOUGHT I had explained why.
"all those folks overseas in the UK, Japan, etc etc who get these cars STOCK are still alive" are still alive because of the restrictions on actually GETTING fucking drivers license there. In the states, any retard 16 years old who can hold a car in a traffic pattern, signal for turns and complete a 3-point turn and acquires insurance (sometimes not even that) has a fucking driver's license.

And I write too!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #50
wheresthaboost?
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dousan_PG
my god is everyone here PUSSIES

RWD
get over yourself
you guys make it sound like RWD is so DANGEROUS

shit is like any other car
i cant believe you say this shit
all thsoe folks overseas in the UK, Japan, etc etc who get these cars STOCK are still alive

everyone on here needs to get over themselvss like RWD is some new danger technology

for the Original poster
go for it
do it
if u need help do research and get some locals to help you out
dont mind the haters

rwd..give me a break.
Thank god someone came out and said it lol Im not saying that what everyones saying here is false but I mean c'mon, your blowing that shit just a little out of proportion... Although I still wont be doing the swap until school ends and im now considering an rb20

RB25DET S13
Old 12-11-2006, 12:48 PM   #51
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
insert what you said here
bahahaha
bull crap
your making a random ASSumption about this kid and young folks around the USA/world etc

sure, there are a few bad apples
but not everyone is a total jackass behind the wheel.

and here's a new flash phlip
in many places around the world
people drive w/o licesnses, jsut like here
the more you travel the more you find out
every where is the same. here there over there
people are just as fuckign stupid
people are just as sneaky and smart

as far as restictoins. license or no license. ive been to japan. ive been out touge. some of those kids trying arent over 17. so just becuase you got a license, doesnt make you the sharpest tool in th shed. if i had to get a license so ican go drift, ill drive like a bitch till i get one. and when i do, ITS ON.

let this kid be
do what you want
its your life. enjoy it!
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #52
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
well it all depends...because some people are naturals at driving. I can undertsand that their is some fucktard 16 year old kids that just drive like crap, but we dont know much about this kid and reading from his posts so far he seems like he wants to go the right route.

But i do agree with dousan about the whole "OMG RWD DANGEROUS!!". Its exaggerated. Thats my opinion, maybe that because my family has owned ONE vehicle that wasnt rwd that they didnt even own for more then 2 years so i guess i grew up driving a little different than most.
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #53
SimpleSexy180
Post Whore!

SimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfectionSimpleSexy180 is close to perfection
Quote:
Thank god someone came out and said it lol Im not saying that what everyones saying here is false but I mean c'mon, your blowing that shit just a little out of proportion... Although I still wont be doing the swap until school ends and im now considering an rb20

why do you consider an rb20 now?
SimpleSexy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #54
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
No, don't change your song now that you thing that you have someone on your side.
Tell you what, swap the RB in the car, go out and drive like the jackasses that Dousan described. In the process you will ruin yet another 240SX for the rest of the people who might not have shitted one like that, and further stained the reputation of the community when you wrap yourself around a telephone pole showing off your drifting skills.
Do me a favor, though, don't die when you wreck the car, at least do the community the favor of living to part the car out when you're done trashing it.

And I write too!
Old 12-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #55
wheresthaboost?
Zilvia Member

Quote:
No, don't change your song now that you thing that you have someone on your side.
Tell you what, swap the RB in the car, go out and drive like the jackasses that Dousan described. In the process you will ruin yet another 240SX for the rest of the people who might not have shitted one like that, and further stained the reputation of the community when you wrap yourself around a telephone pole showing off your drifting skills.
Do me a favor, though, don't die when you wreck the car, at least do the community the favor of living to part the car out when you're done trashing it.
Change my song? I havent changed anything. Since before he even replied to my thread I had decided to wait a while to do the swap. In addition, im not one of these little drifting fanboys who busts a nut everytime they see tokyo drift and when I do get my 240 im not gonna be risking my life (and others) doing stupid shit in public. I chose the 240 because of its styling and the possibility of descent power under the hood. Thanks for jumping to your conclusions though, if I do end up trashing it you can ride my ass about it all you want. Till then keep that shit to yourself. Thanks

RB25DET S13
Old 12-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #56
wheresthaboost?
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift180
why do you consider an rb20 now?
Overall swap would be much cheaper, still descent power and good reliability.

RB25DET S13
Old 12-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #57
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Change my song? I havent changed anything. Since before he even replied to my thread I had decided to wait a while to do the swap. In addition, im not one of these little drifting fanboys who busts a nut everytime they see tokyo drift and when I do get my 240 im not gonna be risking my life (and others) doing stupid shit in public. I chose the 240 because of its styling and the possibility of descent power under the hood. Thanks for jumping to your conclusions though, if I do end up trashing it you can ride my ass about it all you want. Till then keep that shit to yourself. Thanks
Gee, if you were not some drifting fanboy, you put on a good enough uniform to look like one, looking directly at swapping engine before you even had the car. I still remain unapologetic. My answer to the original question asked remains the same.

And I write too!
Old 12-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #58
wheresthaboost?
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Gee, if you were not some drifting fanboy, you put on a good enough uniform to look like one, looking directly at swapping engine before you even had the car. I still remain unapologetic. My answer to the original question asked remains the same.
Sorry if I like to have an idea of what I might do with the car before I do it. As for as your answer goes, it was a good one and I dont expect you to be apologetic.

RB25DET S13
Old 12-11-2006, 01:41 PM   #59
breakindrifts
Zilvia FREAK!

breakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nicebreakindrifts is just really nice
Buy the fucking car first. RB20 is a piece of shit thta will be unreliable and hard to find parts for. Just use a KA, you can still kick ass with it doing drift/autoX/road-race. Once you know what you are doing, then swap. Engine swap is easy enough.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #60
TKfoshori
Leaky Injector

TKfoshori is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to TKfoshori
Just learn stock. like everyone says. everyone with far more experience than you. If you learn to drive that stock 240, while adding suspension first (if you dont already know suspension is the most important) when you do get that rb imagine how much more gangster you will be! rb20,rb25 whatever learn how to control the car, and make it a second nature to countersteer, brake, all that. either way you have a ka to thrash on while you learn! just be smart, and keep it on the track, or far from people. BE SAFE!