Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
dorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dorkjoey240
I have serious question?

I have 240sx 91 fastback with SR20DE um...is there way u do a 400 n/a sr20de?
dorkjoey240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. .

No.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:40 PM   #3
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

dorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nice
ok thanks.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
LOL. go KA-T

ZAR, i love that sig.
KA-T_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
kY.gordon
Banned from the Marketplace

kY.gordon can only hope to improve
sprinkle a little bit of fairy dust in your engine and you might get lucky!!
kY.gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #6
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kY.gordon
sprinkle a little bit of fairy dust in your engine and you might get lucky!!
I will try if not then I will just go turbo.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #7
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Iunno, is there a way to sell a T25 for 650$?

http://www.houston240sx.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17610

I put diamonds in my turbo, shits baller to me.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:10 AM   #8
juice.def
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juice.def is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
your fired...
Old 12-13-2006, 01:33 AM   #9
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So are you for failing to learn how to make contractions.

Making the thread title "I have a serious question?" really showed how idiotic the first post was going to be.

Locktown.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:38 AM   #10
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
hes probably ESL, *shrug*
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:50 AM   #11
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Koopa Troopa
SR20DE is a badass motor! Tons of torque for a 2L N/A! Put that compression up to 11:1, get some ITB's and have some N/A fun.

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 02:17 AM   #12
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Yeah, while we are at it, lets go further back.

sr16de!

na is stupid to a point.

If you have the money, it's great.

If you don't, then it will be slow as hell.

cost vs cost

FI > NA

You want to build a na motor, start with a ka. Sell that sr.

Both ways, you still can't even hit 200hp.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:21 AM   #13
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

Koopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfectionKoopa Troopa is close to perfection
Dude, there's people on Okinawa who have build 240 whp N/A 4ag's. Keep the ignorance up. Rock the SR20DE dude!

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:38 AM   #14
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Why the fuck are you talking about a 4age when we are clearly talking about a sr.

No shit you could get more power out. You'd be amazed what can be accomplished with a bucket of money.

But since you want to talk about more thinks you know little about, for the amount of money it would cost to build a 4age, it would be wise to put a 4agze in.

But, lets continue with your stupidity.

That car would drive like shit below 6k~rpms due to the cams it would be running. There would be no stock parts left. Everything from the crank, to the header would need to be changed.

Don't even think about driving one of those down to the grocery store.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:44 AM   #15
Koopa Troopa
Post Whore!

You're missing the point. You're trying to say N/A is worthless and turbo is the way to go. Who cares about the cams? Suck it up and drive..

Buy my Stillway shifter!

Old 12-13-2006, 02:51 AM   #16
!Zar!
Post Whore!

I never mentioned the word turbo.

Maby since you lack the comprehension skills to notice that I said cost vs cost.

For the price it would cost him to build a na car that would drive like shit unless it was constantly revving high isn't worth it.

Forced induction is the way to go.

Don't play dumb.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:59 AM   #17
TAMTANIUM
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
TAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the roughTAMTANIUM is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
eh..I'll charm in with some of my opinions.

If you want to make an SR20de to produce 400hp you will need to spend a lot of money. It's possible..no doubt. Recently i heard that Hasselgreen just built a 300hp toyota 20valve engine. which is insane for something like that. I think SR20de have more potential and a better chance to make 400hp. If you run nitrous setup..i think you can reach 400hp goal a little faster. It's up to you. If you have the passion and money for the project..then go for it. If not..sorry just shoot the dream of having 400hp na sr down.
TAMTANIUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:24 AM   #18
Sil-Abc
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (13)
Sil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfectionSil-Abc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Sil-Abc
sure u can have a 400 n/a SR. since u have that much money to do it, wanna share the love?
Old 12-13-2006, 03:55 AM   #19
ViZion Zs
Zilvia Junkie

ViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-knownViZion Zs is making his/her stupidity well-known
it is possible to get close to that ive seen them in opt mags,, it takes huge cams, 2.2 stroker ITBS high rise header.. pistons, rods,, and you might make mid 300s......not to mention tons of machine work and tuning...
ViZion Zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:00 AM   #20
airsoft
Zilvia FREAK!

airsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of lightairsoft is a glorious beacon of light
but we zilvians are very poor...
airsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:13 AM   #21
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMTANIUM
eh..I'll charm in with some of my opinions.

If you want to make an SR20de to produce 400hp you will need to spend a lot of money. It's possible..no doubt. Recently i heard that Hasselgreen just built a 300hp toyota 20valve engine. which is insane for something like that. I think SR20de have more potential and a better chance to make 400hp. If you run nitrous setup..i think you can reach 400hp goal a little faster. It's up to you. If you have the passion and money for the project..then go for it. If not..sorry just shoot the dream of having 400hp na sr down.
if he runs nitrous, the that would be force induction anyways... (not being a dick)

as far as a N/A sr. Zar is totally correct on this. imagine all the money you would spend trying to produce 400hp out of a SRde. when you can produce the same hp output with a lot less than what your going to spend in the long run. but hey. if you believe you can reach 400hp out of an NA sr, then by all means go for it. to each his own.. but cost vs cost. FI is going to win. especially if you wants powerzzzzzz...you would just turn your car into an even BIGGER money pit than it already is.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #22
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Nissan did 300hp NA in one of their Touring Cars, but I doubt you have the budget of a race team.

http://www.se-r.net/multimedia/pictu...r20/index.html
Old 12-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #23
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Nitrous is not forced induction silly.

*moderator snip*

Last edited by Phlip; 12-13-2006 at 12:53 PM.. Reason: knock it off
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #24
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
just clarifying... that question ^^^ was for the original poster right?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:50 AM   #25
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

thanks guys , uh I guess I will go turbo. well...I guess I'll stop being stupid go with turbo. Nitrous, I don't want to hurt the engine at all.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:44 PM   #26
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
Nitrous and Turbo can both hurt the engine if they're not tuned properly.

Maybe you should put the power-adders on the back burner until the rest of the car is ready to handle more power... Have you upgraded suspension, brakes, LSD?
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #27
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViZion Zs
it is possible to get close to that ive seen them in opt mags,, it takes huge cams, 2.2 stroker ITBS high rise header.. pistons, rods,, and you might make mid 300s......not to mention tons of machine work and tuning...

hha yah you got it, just add.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #28
harlockssx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
harlockssx will become famous soon enoughharlockssx will become famous soon enoughharlockssx will become famous soon enoughharlockssx will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkjoey240
thanks guys , uh I guess I will go turbo. well...I guess I'll stop being stupid go with turbo. Nitrous, I don't want to hurt the engine at all.
You need the same things to run a turbo effectively that you would to run nitrous...good engine management, stronger pistons/reduced compression (recommended), colder range plugs, free flowing exhaust, sufficient fuel flow, etc. Sure, you can put it on a stock motor & it might last awhile, but eventually it will take it's toll...BUT, don't knock it's BANG (no pun intended) for the buck...nothing out there is as cheap/easy to boost your power, while still retaining stock driveablility.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #29
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
the sr20de that they ran in the touring car primeras is way diff than the one he has - LOL

i have a wallpaper of it somewhere - its got a really cool valve cover -
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:27 AM   #30
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
I was neg repped for saying nitrous is not forced induction. Is air under pressure forced into the combustion chamber? I guess you could consider it so as it oxides the air but thats still stupid.