Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-13-2006, 05:37 PM   #1
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help with sizing... Please!!!

Whats up guys... Im new here, have a bone stock 93 S13 coupe as a daily beater. I hate to be the guy that asks this question, but I searched everywhere and couldnt really figure out a concrete answer.

I want to pick up a set of SportMax 006s in 18x7.5 for the front and 18x9.5 in the back. I know the fronts will fit no problem.

My question is will the 18x9.5s with 42 offset (i think) fit on the rear with 245/40 tires? I will be rolling all of my fenders beforehand, but I just want to make sure theyll fit without getting the wider fenders. I am going to be lowered on Tokico struts/springs so something like a 1.8" drop.

Thanks guys

If anybody has these wheels feel free to chime in. Thanks!
UfoZ8myCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
18x7.5 is for civic showcars

you want to run that 18x9.5 all around...and run like 25mm spacers too

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Jefferson
Zilvia Junkie

Jefferson is making a name for him/her selfJefferson is making a name for him/her self
yeah they will fit no problem, especially since your rolling the fenders anyway.
Although with an ofset that high you MIGHT need a small spacer, but I'm pretty sure you'll be good
Jefferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:10 PM   #4
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

UfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond reputeUfoZ8myCow has a reputation beyond repute
How will the fitment on the 9.5s be up front? I dont want to do the wide fenders... Theyll clear everything? They also make the wheel in 18x8.5, but somehow the 7.5s ended up with a bigger lip than the 8.5s, which is the reason I wanted to go with those.

Thanks for the help guys... This is my first S13.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #5
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
go with the 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the rear.

for front I talked to a shop that has a group buy on their wheels and they only offer +35 in both the 8.5 and 9.5 so for the front a 10mm spacer will clear and sit nicely with the front fender and the rear... I say throw another 10mm spacer just to match the front and back up nicely.

when you get or if you do get coilovers in the future you can adjust camber for a nicer fit.

more questions? post back then
Old 12-14-2006, 09:53 AM   #6
UfoZ8myCow
Zilvia FREAK!

Thanks guys...

Im waiting on the SportMax guy to get back to me and tell me concretely what the offsets are. Im rolling fenders this weekend and painting the car next week. Probably the first week of Jan Ill get the wheels.

What color would you guys roll with on a black car? Silver, gunmetal or black with polished lip? Im thinking black on black right now...
Old 12-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #7
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
silver

black face wheels are so gross
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:31 PM   #8
PS13SILVIA
BANNED

PS13SILVIA can only hope to improve
I'll add to this since I got some experience with wheel offsets on a S13 coupe

Rear:
18x8+30 offsets fit's very flush with stock fenders and the inside lip rolled upward in the rear to keep from cutting a grove in tire, you have to run negative camber in the rear to fit and this is with 225/40/18 tires...

Front:
Fits pretty much exactly the same but you don't have to roll the inside fender lip becasue it already done in the front and I can run the sotck fender liners to boot.
PS13SILVIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
~4N~
Leaky Injector

~4N~ is making a name for him/her self~4N~ is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ~4N~
Don't roll your fenders before you get the wheels.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #10
PS13SILVIA
BANNED

Here are some pics of what 18x8+30 looks like on a coupe with stock fenders:

Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 PM   #11
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmercer
black face wheels are so gross
but they hide the fact that you have sportmaxes

hahaha

to stay on topic though, if you get 10mm spacers, make sure you run extended studs

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 PM   #12
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
if you want black face wheels, just put track brake pads on your car and drive around for 15 minutes with silver wheels

Darkness World is so much cooler than black face
chmercer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #13
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
^^ and to make it wasy try and get H&R wheel spacers... hub centrific is a nice thing to have and I belive they offer extended studs on 10mm models.

PS13: What coilovers do you have and how much if you remember of neg camber in the rear did you run?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #14
PS13SILVIA
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC
^^ and to make it wasy try and get H&R wheel spacers... hub centrific is a nice thing to have and I belive they offer extended studs on 10mm models.

PS13: What coilovers do you have and how much if you remember of neg camber in the rear did you run?
No coilovers yet just TEIN lowering springs on stock blown shocks/struts.....im not sure what the camber is I just tried to dial all of it out and im still left with negative camber, i'd guesstimate ~2degrees or so...