Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:42 PM   #1
akito
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
akito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
autobody and paint.

Hi. Has anyone been to 20-20 auto body in City of Industry, CA? I was thinking of getting a paint job for the 240, choices are OEM 97 aspen glow white pearl, or the ferrari's white (pearl or metallic? for the oem color, dunno) but yeah. if anyone has suggestions for a paint shop let me know. thanks.
akito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 180sExy
lol they do good work but your gonna pay an arm an a leg.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I am pretty sure they painted some of the Falken cars...
Old 12-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
akito
Zilvia Junkie

akito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of lightakito is a glorious beacon of light
im looking to spend 2-3g's. want it perfekt. if i plan on keeping the car for years to come =p
Old 12-13-2006, 10:00 PM   #5
dimsumsil80
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dimsumsil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i heard that mob works does a pretty good job too. they located in orange, ca. i dont kno about the prices but i heard they can cost you a pretty penny.
dimsumsil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #6
mr_240sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
mr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfectionmr_240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mr_240sx Send a message via MSN to mr_240sx
now dont forget..... you get what you pay for!
mr_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
akito
Zilvia Junkie

if i can get a much better paint job than 1 day paint for 1000. which i already have done. and make sure my car gets sanded completely before its painted and last me a few years then ill be happy. this 1 day paint job only lasted me 1.5 years. crack and peeling left and right. but time for the kouki conversion and therefore new paintjob. if anyone else has recommendations. let me know. thanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #8
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
20/20 does awesome work. My friend got his integra painted there back in the day and it was amazing.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 10:45 PM   #9
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute180sExy has a reputation beyond repute
LOLZ wow 20/20 an Mob Werks are like high end body shops. I talked to Mob about repainting my 1990 nissan 240 hatch an the person quoted me an outrageous price!!! If I remember correctly it was around the area of 5g’s, and the job wouldn’t have a warranty because my car is already 350z blue an the roof is black they wont know how their paint is going to react with my old paint, thats why the paint job would not be covered. They also told be because the roof is black and I wanted too keep it that way it would be more cuz they have too prep 2 areas. So I asked him about stripping all the paint an taking the car to the metal an taking it from there, the answer 10g’s and up. I almost dropped the phone! An I herd that 20/20 was just as pricey but not as bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akito
im looking to spend 2-3g's. want it perfekt. if i plan on keeping the car for years to come =p
2-3g's i dont think that your gonna get a perfect paint job for that price at a shop. But I live in Mo Val and I have a friend who paints cars, he did mine. PM me if you are intrested he does good work.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #10
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
Money does not necessarily equate good paint job. It helps though.

Try to find someone with a connection, at least that way the painter has more of a reason to do a good job on it.

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
A Spec Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #11
180sExy
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah money does not necessarily mean a good job.....but he's talking about 20/20 and Mob werks. So he's gonna pay for the paint job an the name behinde the paint job.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:00 AM   #12
inertiadrft
Zilvia Junkie

Location: Straight Repp'n the FIVE-SIX-TWO and now The NINE-5-ONE
Trader Rating: (15)
inertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to inertiadrft
20/20 they do very good work, but yea! get ready to pay some good cash,
not only that, you have to take a number, usually there is a big wait to get a paint job at 20/20 or mobwekz....dedpending on what time of the year I guess
inertiadrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #13
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Yeah, I've been there. Oh wait, no, I haven't, because this isn't a California forum.

Regional Forum <- Use it!!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:10 PM   #14
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
koukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukikat180sx
umm... m1 does some pretty good work. i dont think they're as expensive as 20/20 or mob. they paint a lot of the team hybrid show cars.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #15
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrindley
Yeah, I've been there. Oh wait, no, I haven't, because this isn't a California forum.

Regional Forum <- Use it!!
I couldn't agree more.
In fact, I will probably be getting my car done at Majestic on East Bessemer Ave. in Greensboro, NC. They did a really good job with my buddy David's car earlier this year.
While I am at it, I will move this thread to the FUCKING REGIONAL SECTION.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:54 AM   #16
lexusisforlovers
Leaky Injector

lexusisforlovers is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lexusisforlovers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 180sExy
LOLZ wow 20/20 an Mob Werks are like high end body shops. I talked to Mob about repainting my 1990 nissan 240 hatch an the person quoted me an outrageous price!!! If I remember correctly it was around the area of 5g’s, and the job wouldn’t have a warranty because my car is already 350z blue an the roof is black they wont know how their paint is going to react with my old paint, thats why the paint job would not be covered. They also told be because the roof is black and I wanted too keep it that way it would be more cuz they have too prep 2 areas. So I asked him about stripping all the paint an taking the car to the metal an taking it from there, the answer 10g’s and up. I almost dropped the phone! An I herd that 20/20 was just as pricey but not as bad.

2-3g's i dont think that your gonna get a perfect paint job for that price at a shop. But I live in Mo Val and I have a friend who paints cars, he did mine. PM me if you are intrested he does good work.
I had an almost identical conversation with MOB. not cool.
lexusisforlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:10 AM   #17
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
autoexplosion in Gardena said that they would remove all dings and minor dents and paint my car the same color for $2k and I have a metallic color. They also paint UNDER the window moldings for a true oem look.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #18
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
I agree, Mob Works and 20/20 are super expensive. I got quotes from both of them to paint front bumper, lip, side skirts, and rear valances for 2-3k. WTF? If you got the money and want the name, go for it. I ended up going to PJ BONIFACIO's in City of Industry. Did a great job for a good price. Plus he's got a reputable name in the industry. He does alot of show cars. He quoted me about 3k to repaint entire car 3 stage pearl white.
Here's the link:
http://www.pjbonifacio.com/
Good Luck.
cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote