Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 04:41 AM   #1
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Speaking of Baller Wheels

Well all of this talk of Baller wheels and the thread that got locked had me decide to get some wheels today

The are Wiser Wheel Company. You can't read the size Tag anymore but the guy told me they are 17"x9" +10 Interesting size. He also said he didn't think they would fit on the 180. I wish they were +20's. I haven't decided if I will keep them or sell them yet, maybe a good track wheel for now

Now for the bad news. One of the wheels has a gash from a Curb. Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed? He was only selling 2 wheels...

Late
Daryl
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2006, 04:44 AM   #2
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
is it 3 piece?
Old 12-14-2006, 04:47 AM   #3
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

kuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfectionkuramaya is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13
is it 3 piece?

I guess so...Im not a wheel junkie... I just know these are fuckin str8 PIMP
Old 12-14-2006, 04:50 AM   #4
inertiadrft
Zilvia Junkie

Location: Straight Repp'n the FIVE-SIX-TWO and now The NINE-5-ONE
Trader Rating: (15)
inertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud ofinertiadrft has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to inertiadrft
those are some nice wheels, what size/brand tires are on??
Old 12-14-2006, 05:07 AM   #5
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Tires are potenza 215 45's They are shit...good for one trip around the track...the wheels feel like they weigh twice as much as my Emotions... Man I hope I can get them to fit...
Old 12-14-2006, 05:19 AM   #6
yokotas13
Post Whore!

yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
if not, send em to me, i can MAKE them fit

17x8 +8 fronts on my car
i have plent of room on teh innards you should too
Old 12-14-2006, 05:34 AM   #7
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Dont be a sissy, just a roll and a slight pull
Old 12-14-2006, 05:36 AM   #8
yokotas13
Post Whore!

should only need a roll
Old 12-14-2006, 05:48 AM   #9
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Buddy of mine can get the one wheel fixed for 90 bucks like new
Old 12-14-2006, 06:19 AM   #10
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
yea those are nice and nice size too
Old 12-14-2006, 07:17 AM   #11
AuburnRyan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
AuburnRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Daryl,

They're either 2 peice or 3 peice, due to the rivets.

Three piece would mean - 1 inner wheel, 1 out lip, 1 center section. Once tires are removed you'd see silicone in the middle, but you should be able to tell by looking at hte back of the wheel.

Point being- if they're three peice, you can replace that out lip on it's own from somewhere like Kodiak ( Kodiak), at the same time chosing a different size to get a different width and offset if you prefer.

But, hard to tell from the picture, as long as the tire sits in the bead that is just superficial damage to the lip, should have no real effect on holing air or safety...I just smoothed out my small knicks with sandpaper, then polished, then you should re-clear (but I didn't, just polish then every so often) - BAM- like new.

P.S. I'm running 17*9 +35 rears (-2.5 camber) with tons of space. Around +15 might be flush on my car (s13 hatch) as it's set up (camber). Also - 215 on a 9" is crazy. I have 235's with some stretch, and will consider 245's next time around as well. Up to you, I'm not that hardcore...most here would disagree with me...although that 215 stretch may help them fit "flush" with minimal modification - throw them on, judge, then go from there...

Good luck and nice find!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #12
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
you cant tell if its 2 or 3 piece just by looking. gotta take it apart. some wheels are 2 piece welded, with the front lip and face welded together, and the back barrel unbolts.

and yeah those wheels will fit just fine
Old 12-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
bjork your car will be pimp if you put those on!!!!!

i think these are simular
Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #14
A Spec Products
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
A Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfectionA Spec Products is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to A Spec Products
smart man, he didnt post his cost

thats how u dooooz it son!

so he can make moneys for the honeys!

if they are 17x9+10 that is bad ass, id keep them

but the only downside is the multidrill pattern (makes it look funny)

oh, only pair? booooo

A SPEC PRODUCTS CORP
AME Wheels, Advan, ARC, Gram Lights, Nardi, Personal, Recaro, Works Bell, Work Wheels, Volk Racing, 5Zigen, & more!
626.618.1100 x 103 / aim: aspectuan
Advertiser's Specials! Read / Give Feedback! Please Rate Us!
Old 12-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #15
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
yah if had the caps, would look very clean. I think they continue the spokes in, and cover the lugs up to the center cap
Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #16
~4N~
Leaky Injector

~4N~ is making a name for him/her self~4N~ is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to ~4N~
Those are sick, too bad they're not a single lug pattern.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #17
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
bah caps look weak gotta show ur nuts!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:30 PM   #18
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Thanks brothers! Nice pic Hypertek! Yeah I am gonna keep 'em. I am gonna get the lip repaired on the one wheel this weekend after I do a Power Check on the car (dyno time). I have my eyes peeled for another set... Gonna reset the camber on my back and throw them on
Old 12-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #19
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
hehee find me some rizzems?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #20
kuramaya
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB.Motoring
hehee find me some rizzems?

will do! Funny these are not wanted here They had a couple of nice sets with less lip. If I get used wheels to replace my expensive ass emotions..they are gonna have ridculous Lip, not a bit of lip..
Old 12-14-2006, 01:49 PM   #21
AuburnRyan
Zilvia Member

AuburnRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Daryl -

Mine For you reference
rears are 17*9 +35
Camber ~-2.4
235/40/17 Hankook RS2 Z212 (Wearing good)
Unmodified panels

I think you be ok with - camber and a roll. Just set your toe to near 0. As you can see, I have room to play with.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #22
yokotas13
Post Whore!

im thinking of picking up another set of baler wheels. since i cant be as fast of you, i need a bigger lip lolo ljk
Old 12-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #23
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnRyan
Daryl -

Mine For you reference
rears are 19*9 +35
Camber ~-2.4
235/40/17 Hankook RS2 Z212 (Wearing good)
Unmodified panels

I think you be ok with camber and a roll. Just set your' to near 0.

your wheels sits in 25 MM more than his lol. all he needs is to roll the lip in (which might be done alreayd)
oh yeah daryl
i forget
i have a set of wheels like the ones in my sig...same actuially but 17x9 +30 and with a 20mm spacer its still in a little bit. which woudl make them the same wheels you have
Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #24
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
These look like such "typical" J wheels.
Everybody has these random lipped mesh jams.
Cool ass sizes too.

Get that Pusssssssssssssy!
Old 12-14-2006, 02:41 PM   #25
chmercer
BANNED

chmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond reputechmercer has a reputation beyond repute
those lips are bizarrely shiny for the wheels looking old balls
Old 12-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #26
ejkisela
Zilvia Member

ejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura about
Dizzel,

You never listen to me!! HAHAHA. I told you they would fit. My car has 9 +11 in the rear with fender lip rolled in and no tataki dashi. We just need to adjust the camber, stock arm adjustment with a little slam they will tuck. Stick with 215 or max 225 and they will be ok. Actually, they will look like my Stich.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:31 PM   #27
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
On a side note:

Throw those crappy ass menthols away. Pick up some Lucky Strikes
Old 12-14-2006, 05:32 PM   #28
koukikat180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
koukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfectionkoukikat180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to koukikat180sx
hmm... kinda looks like old school type-c
Old 12-14-2006, 05:58 PM   #29
ejkisela
Zilvia Member

ejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura aboutejkisela has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKAMC
On a side note:

Throw those crappy ass menthols away. Pick up some Lucky Strikes
Mild Seven Lights taste much better.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:52 PM   #30
HyperTek
Post Whore!

here ya go