Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #1
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Ron Paul or Obama?

if it comes down to Ron Paul or Obama, who would get your vote?

please refrain from making these posts in this thread:
-"i'm voting third party bro"
-"i'm not voting, lesser of two evils bro"
-"i'm 16 so my opinion doesn't mean shit but here it is anyway"
-"here is a talk show host's incendiary opinion on (political candidate) and/or conspiracy theories"

anyway, i feel betrayed by the Obama administration, so voting republican might be a real option this time around.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
GeneralLee562
Leaky Injector

GeneralLee562 is an unknown quantity at this point
RP all the way.
GeneralLee562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
RP pro marijuana.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
godzillarb
Zilvia Junkie

godzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to allgodzillarb is a name known to all
RP all the way, bruh.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Between the two, Obama.
But let's be realistic here, chances of RP winning the Republican Primaries will be close to nil.

You might want to elaborate on why you feel betrayed by Obama,
that could be interpreted in endless ways.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
[email protected]
Advertiser

Trader Rating: (87)
Mogli@9KRacing.com is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mogli@9KRacing.com
RP, but I doubt he will ever come close to winning.

Contact 9K racing for any of your tuning or modifying needs.
Mogli@9KRacing.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #7
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9K∙RACING™ View Post
RP, but I doubt he will ever come close to winning.
pretty much this.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #8
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I was so frustrated after watching that first republican debate. Ron Paul said all of this economically conservative stuff that made SO MUCH SENSE while that Caine guy just spouted some fucking regurgitated republican rhetoric, then afterwards Fox news interviews all of these idiots saying "OH EM GEE Caine won my vote for sure!".

jesus fucking christ.

as for me i'm not sure which way i'm going to go yet. I like a lot of what Paul says, but i'm worried that he might lean too far on the side of low regulation of business and banking, and we all know the situation that that has put us in.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #9
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Between the two, Obama.
But let's be realistic here, chances of RP winning the Republican Primaries will be close to nil.

You might want to elaborate on why you feel betrayed by Obama,
that could be interpreted in endless ways.
bombing Libya, not closing Guantanamo, administration completely reversing its stance on medical marijuana. this was definitely the better choice for '08, but maybe not for '12.

if you had to guess, who would you say has the best shot at being the republican presidential candidate?
Old 05-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #10
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
It's really hard at this point to guess.
there's a lot of possible candidates, but not a whole lot that have committed.
Let's see, for those who have committed to run, today, 2012 & are have somewhat strong publicity, you have Mitt Romney, Newt Gingricht (again not realistic), and Ron Paul.
I think by fall '11 we should have a better idea with who are committed to run.

I'd probably guess Romney, if I had to guess right now.
(not whom I would personally endorse, but who I think has the most chance succeeding right now)
However, I'm also skeptical b/c I think his professed healthcare plan isn't going to make him too popular within the R primaries, or just conservatives in general.

There's going to be a lot of changes into the R-primaries & it's just way too early for any meaningful speculation at this point imo.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:04 AM   #11
sr20sean
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (25)
sr20sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sr20sean
RP definitely
sr20sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:32 AM   #12
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
no RP! He approves on over turning civil rights laws!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
There's going to be a lot of changes into the R-primaries & it's just way too early for any meaningful speculation at this point imo.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
no RP! He approves on over turning civil rights laws!
what are you talking about? explain.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #14
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
s13 rp debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
+1

what are you talking about? explain.
RP was asked to comment during his last tea party debate about his son's remarks about over turning civil rights laws in the state of Kentucky. He said he stands by his sons remarks. If u like YouTube his interview with Rachel Meadow show, he is question about his views. The big one is his take on segregation.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #15
lok
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
lok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond reputelok has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I think he was trying to say that the Govt. should not have the right to tell private business that they cannot have the right to refuse service to people of there choosing.

I don't think it really matters because the color of money is still green and no "for profit" business is going to exclude people that are willing to spend there money for the business's service.

I think that Paul is just for getting Govt. out of the business of trying to run every little thing in peoples lives.
lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
RP was asked to comment during his last tea party debate about his son's remarks about over turning civil rights laws in the state of Kentucky. He said he stands by his sons remarks. If u like YouTube his interview with Rachel Meadow show, he is question about his views. The big one is his take on segregation.
i think you're talking about his take on desegregation, which i agree with.

Quote:
Paul wrote of his opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964:
It "not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society. Federal bureaucrats and judges cannot read minds to see if actions are motivated by racism. Therefore, the only way the federal government could ensure an employer was not violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to ensure that the racial composition of a business's workforce matched the racial composition of a bureaucrat or judge's defined body of potential employees. Thus, bureaucrats began forcing employers to hire by racial quota. Racial quotas have not contributed to racial harmony or advanced the goal of a color-blind society. Instead, these quotas encouraged racial balkanization, and fostered racial strife."
if i'm reading this right, he's saying forced diversity is bullshit, and i completely agree.

sauce: Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from what i'm reading his son says similar things.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #17
ESone3
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (15)
ESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of lightESone3 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I think people should have rights to do what they want with there body, free to marry whoever they want, and free healthcare.

OBAMA FOE YO MAMMA!
Old 05-13-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I'm either voting third party or I'm not voting at all. Lesser of two evils bro. But my opinion doesn't mean shit here anyways because I'm only 16. I really like the Jimmy Falon show. He brings in some decent bands on occasion.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESone3 View Post
I think people should have rights to do what they want with there body
so Obama wouldn't be your first choice, got it
Old 05-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #20
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Hey guys right know to be honest your going to have two chooses a democrat or teaparty guy! The republicans don't bring anything to the table. Check all the hate and discontent they started at the state level in Wisconsin. There targeting unions police,nurses,and firefighters. RP can when if he goes against the republican brand.
Old 05-13-2011, 02:58 PM   #21
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

the tea party is one of the main reasons why i no longer identify with Republicans.
If the Republican primary is one by a teaparty fav or anyone on the far right, their chance of winning the prez election will be lower.
Courting the moderates & indie voters will be key imo.

Honestly I think Obama will most likely win another term,
unless something really bad happens, like the economy tanking even further.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #22
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lok View Post
I think he was trying to say that the Govt. should not have the right to tell private business that they cannot have the right to refuse service to people of there choosing.

I don't think it really matters because the color of money is still green and no "for profit" business is going to exclude people that are willing to spend there money for the business's service.

I think that Paul is just for getting Govt. out of the business of trying to run every little thing in peoples lives.
Great interpretation. I also agree with RP 100%
Old 05-15-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How bout Baron Obaula with bio-engineering anything is possible,lol JP. I honestly can put my hand on my heart and say I don't want to vote anymore it's depressing. The U.S. government is a very shady underground organization more than any of us would like to think.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #24
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
You know what would kick ass?

RP - president
Colin Powell - secstate
Hilary - vp
Anthony Weiner - speaker of the house
Petraeus - secdef
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 AM   #25
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
You know what would kick ass?

Anthony Weiner - speaker of the house
I fucking love watching that guy debate people. He's awesome.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #26
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Ron Paullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #27
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
I don't trust anyone with first names as their first and last name.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:14 PM   #28
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Ron Paul seems like a really nice man, but I just cannot see him as president.
He just is not arrogant and shady enough to ever get voted in.

Also, the sillies who only attach themselves to him because of marijuana and are responsible for Ron Paul now automatically being associated with it are not adding to his image. They are just as bad as everyone who took the Obama 'Change' hype way too far and embarrassed all the other Obama voters.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #29
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Ron Paul!!! Dude is a true patriot!
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #30
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
I know that a lot of Ron Paul's speeches sound great, and sound like common sense. But the reality is that trying to implement his image of America would be disastrous. Not only that, but it is completely unrealistic. It can't be done. The president is a powerful position, but the president only heads one branch of the government. It is congress that actually writes and passes laws. The president can only do so much to influence what congress passes.

Getting back to what I said about implementing his ideas. People complain and complain about the size of the federal budget. But you know what? Most of it is Social Security and Medicare, programs that we pay into when we are working, and take advantage of when we retire. Social Security is nothing more than a nation-wide retirement plan. You pay now, and when you retire, you get a monthly check. Who wants to go and tell their grandmother that they want to take away her monthly Social Security check that she depends on to pay her monthly bills? And how are we going to replace Medicare? If we take away Medicare, where are the elderly going to get medical insurance? They certainly need it. If we did not have Medicare, either the elderly would have to go without insurance, or working children would have to add their elderly parents to their own insurance, which would be hugely expensive.

The third biggest budget item is the military. Frankly, with operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, there isn't a whole lot we can do about the defense budget right now. But as those operations scale back, I think military spending needs to be scaled back as well.

The 4th big budget item is interest on the national debt. Not a whole lot we can do about that. We borrowed that money in the past, now we have to pay interest on it.

That leaves all other spending. And you know what? It only represents about 1/4 of the government budget. All other spending, roads, research, HUD, everything else only makes up 1/4 of the budget, but that 1/4 is all people ever talk and rant and scream about.

Here's a couple pie charts, they differ here and there, but you can get the general picture: