Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-17-2008, 02:30 AM   #61
mizono
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
mizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her selfmizono is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_mr2 View Post
i dont know if you know, but im sure you know because you said you saw it on the street, assuming youve been there that oahu is a different island. and to be honest, i havent been there i a few years... so yeah. might as well be like me asking you the same question, being your in cali, lol.
Lol yeah I know its a different island, but its close so I figured maybe you have family or something and visit near by island's.
mizono is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 02:42 AM   #62
icey

Trader Rating: (0)
icey is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
keep it up man you rock!
icey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #63
SilviaBricks
Leaky Injector

SilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of lightSilviaBricks is a glorious beacon of light
Dude what kind of budget do you have for this project? This thing is stacking up.
SilviaBricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:07 PM   #64
jon_mr2
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Trader Rating: (4)
jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilviaBricks View Post
Dude what kind of budget do you have for this project? This thing is stacking up.
pretty much whatever i have extra at the end of every paycheck. and however long it will take me... just gotta stay commited to it thats all.
jon_mr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #65
s13driver240sx
Leaky Injector

s13driver240sx can only hope to improve
awesome thread. It's been keeping me entertained so keep it up.

"Friends that are nice, won't let friends drive rice."
s13driver240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #66
Onitsukagirl
Leaky Injector

Onitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really niceOnitsukagirl is just really nice
i love to see a rusty one being taken care of instead of neglected!
Onitsukagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:32 PM   #67
UsJdmTUner
Zilvia Member

UsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond reputeUsJdmTUner has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to UsJdmTUner
Quote:
i actually just shot the engine bay with spray can primer. even though i have a whole gallon of primer/sealer and a new devilbliss spray gun sitting at home. but yeah, first was using bondo for body filler, but that sucked. ended up using rage body filler, its real smooth compared to the bondo... or at least for me. and just filled the small holes with that green 3m puddy stuff. i might just spray the engine bay with spray can gloss black... since its just the engine bay, when i plan to paint the car ill use the spray gun.
is rage body filler way better than bondo? i want to work on my engine bay as well and get the best stuff to smoothen the bay a lil bit.. and you used 3m putty stuff to fill holes? how is it holding up...
UsJdmTUner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #68
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
YO This is why we need a build section +1 excellent job man,
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #69
jon_mr2

jon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond reputejon_mr2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsJdmTUner View Post
is rage body filler way better than bondo? i want to work on my engine bay as well and get the best stuff to smoothen the bay a lil bit.. and you used 3m putty stuff to fill holes? how is it holding up...
well, the evercoat is a lot lighter to work with. but honestly, i would say its pretty much how you apply it and the tools you have to work with. they will both hold up as long as the surface your working on is preped correctly. as for the 3m stuff, i like it, it fills the small holes, but also sandable primer also works for smaller holes. this is just from my own experience... just try and try again. after a while you get the idea i guess.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:52 PM   #70
drifter808
Zilvia Addict

drifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifter808 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizono View Post
Chill. I don't mean to thread jack but have you seen this guy? He's in Oahu. I saw this car on the street last summer

thats not Oahu. Thats RiceEata's car and he's on the Big Island to.

did you get that MAF plug i dropped off?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #71
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter808 View Post
thats not Oahu. Thats RiceEata's car and he's on the Big Island to.

did you get that MAF plug i dropped off?
yeah, thanks for dropping that off derek. i think when the time comes im gona extend the wires in the wiring harness to hide it, make it clean
Old 03-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #72
psychoblue23
Zilvia Junkie

psychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of lightpsychoblue23 is a glorious beacon of light
nice build man keep up the good work
psychoblue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:24 AM   #73
Skaterg240sx

Skaterg240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Skaterg240sx
dude ur build is coming along so great...keep up the good work ....as for me im off to continue working on my coupe..= ]
Skaterg240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #74
jon_mr2

well, happy easter everyone. got some stuff in the mail.

new oem frame rail

new interior mirror trim peices

cleaned the garage

Last edited by jon_mr2; 10-15-2008 at 02:18 AM..
Old 03-23-2008, 04:23 PM   #75
silentstyle1
Zilvia Member

silentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nicesilentstyle1 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to silentstyle1
Looking good man keep up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Nice to know I've got a 30k VA transformer all to myself with 100A 3-phase if I want to start building Cybertron or something in here.
silentstyle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:28 AM   #76
jon_mr2

hah...

i figured with all the free time i have during the week after work id try to attemp a polished intake manifold... oh man i wish i never started it, guess i gotta finish it now

Old 03-29-2008, 01:14 AM   #77
gixxer103
Leaky Injector

gixxer103 has a spectacular aura aboutgixxer103 has a spectacular aura aboutgixxer103 has a spectacular aura aboutgixxer103 has a spectacular aura aboutgixxer103 has a spectacular aura aboutgixxer103 has a spectacular aura about
man i wish my doodoo brown interior would look like dat...nice resto
gixxer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #78
sileightyfreak
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileightyfreak Send a message via Yahoo to sileightyfreak
cant wait to see the finished product. good job

sileightyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 PM   #79
jon_mr2

so yeah, finally going to have full weekends. just got my evaluation and raise stuff at mazda. leaving toyota next saturday, so more time to work on the car, and more time to have a life, lol.

tested the paint i got for the engine bay, only sprayed the firewall back half for now, still gotta fab, cut a weld a new radiator support, going to try do this next weekend.

but heres a few pics of the gloss black, i think it looks decent... its only for the engine bay. you guys think i should spray a coat of gloss black over the undercoating in the fender wells?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #80
drfturkey
Zilvia Member

drfturkey is just really nicedrfturkey is just really nicedrfturkey is just really nicedrfturkey is just really nicedrfturkey is just really nicedrfturkey is just really nicedrfturkey is just really nicedrfturkey is just really nice
looking nice good job...
Old 04-08-2008, 12:42 AM   #81
WagDatto
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
WagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfectionWagDatto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WagDatto
I've recommended it before (maybe in this thread, I don't remember) but the big blue cans of "Truck Bed Liner" spray paint work wonders... I sprayed my engine bay and wheel wells with it, it looks very very clean, and the texture hides a lot of imperfections. Great for wheel wells, but since you cleaned your engine bay so well, that gloss black would looks slick.

http://garagezoku.blogspot.com
WagDatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:56 AM   #82
jon_mr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WagDatto View Post
I've recommended it before (maybe in this thread, I don't remember) but the big blue cans of "Truck Bed Liner" spray paint work wonders... I sprayed my engine bay and wheel wells with it, it looks very very clean, and the texture hides a lot of imperfections. Great for wheel wells, but since you cleaned your engine bay so well, that gloss black would looks slick.
i was actually thinking about redoing the fender wells with truck bedliner instead of the rubberized undercoating, but seems to be holding up, so i think ill just stick with it... would be a lot of work to remove the undercoating anyways:P would you or anyone else know if the gloss paint will adhere to the rubberized undercoating? just wondering
Old 04-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #83
240sxlove

240sxlove is making a name for him/her self240sxlove is making a name for him/her self240sxlove is making a name for him/her self
thats nice man, good job, i cant wait to see your finished product, i bet that thing is gonna be a super clean 240, throw like a rb20 in there later or a sr maybe and your set.
240sxlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:28 AM   #84
dsc4130
Zilvia Addict

dsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nicedsc4130 is just really nice
curious were did you get that frame rail piece? i did mine with the same piece but when i went to get another for a friends car, courtesy said that they were all out and werent getting anymore?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:47 AM   #85
Jordan-S13-Silvia
Zilvia Member

Jordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the roughJordan-S13-Silvia is a jewel in the rough
Wow looking good keep up the good work.
Jordan-S13-Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #86
jon_mr2

so yeah, yesterday was my last day working on saturdays, sure feels great knowing im gona have full weekends from now on. more time to spend with my girlfriend and work on the car, lol. but yeah, got to use the welder, works great... some parts were a little sketchy though, gotta practice more and the wind didnt help either. fabbed up some brackets for the lower radiator support. and of course finished painting the engine bay, im pretty stoked about how it came out

damn rusted out radiator support area, couldnt get the last two bolts for the tension rod brackets off, had to do some cutting

fabbing up the new support bar

finally paint

new set up

Old 04-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #87
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Not bad at all.

I currently have a shell sitting in my driveway and plan on doing the exact same thing.

Full tear down/rebuild.

I've already completed the body(came with no front end), got a full wiring harness, spare KA that's going to be rebuilt, and picked up more paint materials.

Keep up the good work!

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 03:33 AM   #88
jon_mr2

lol... goodies

raised up the car another foot or so today and started grinding at that rail

picked up a spot weld cutter from the matco truck dude, works pretty good so far

maybe tommorow ill finish up. had to service my dd and do some stuff around the house, and my arms arnt used to drilling upside down all the time :P
Old 04-27-2008, 03:55 AM   #89
I10cruiser
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
I10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfectionI10cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to I10cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to I10cruiser
looks really great love the goodies
I10cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 PM   #90
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
Quote:
hah...

i figured with all the free time i have during the week after work id try to attemp a polished intake manifold... oh man i wish i never started it, guess i gotta finish it now

sand blast if you can find a blaster
BlueKpS13 is offline   Reply With Quote