Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:44 AM   #91
xxtokesxx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
xxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to allxxtokesxx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You know... I was so let down after reading through your last thread a while ago. I'm very excited for you. This brings back inspiration to all the guys that love to be different with these cars. Thanks for bringing back the funk.

Everyone knows the second time around usually turns out better because you learned so much the first. Good Luck.

1998 200sx SE-R - SR20DE | 1991 NX2000 - SR20DET | 1995 240sx - VQ30DET | BBB Crew
xxtokesxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #92
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ok so im an @sshole. When i change the plugs i left one of the coil banks disconnected from power, ie it was running on four cylnders in those two videos. I though it sounded funny lol. Heres the new vid, motors got good throttle response.

YouTube - 450sx first startup all 8 cylnders this time
Old 09-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #93
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Ben G is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
br00tal stuff
Ben G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:38 PM   #94
MikeisNissan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
MikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfectionMikeisNissan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MikeisNissan
that camaro is fire.

因果関係の流れ
MikeisNissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #95
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

gsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond reputegsracer has a reputation beyond repute
Todays progress. Got my alternator and power steering pump mounted. Im not cutting any more holes in my car so i made my own brackets to make everything clear. For the alternator , this time i used the VH's alt, with a hacked SR20 lower bracket, still have to make the top bracket though. For the power steering pump i got a smaller one from the junkyard and made my own bracket as well thru a combination of hacking apart the VH bracket, and some scrap peices i had laying around.

The alternator belt isnt here yet as the size i needed was a special order but the ps one is fine and tensioned. Once its all together everything will be cleaned and powder coated.

Pics

Old 09-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #96
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I wonder what kind of gas mileage this will get
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:53 PM   #97
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future240 View Post
who cares lol
Old 09-08-2008, 04:00 PM   #98
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
No one really I just wonder. This project is making me question the rb25 240 I want to build
Old 09-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #99
gsracer
Zilvia FREAK!

last one got around 15 mpg , but that was romping on it 24/7 pretty much, im sure it could do in the 20's if you tried. My sr with 350 whp got 25mpg
Old 09-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #100
Future240
Future Moderator

Any plans to try and boost this one?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #101
Dr.Baby
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Dr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud ofDr.Baby has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dr.Baby
have you put the car on scales to see what the weight difference is between like a ka/sr s14 and this? you might have answered that in your last thread but i missed it.

great work.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:19 AM   #102
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsracer View Post
who cares lol
thats what i like to hear haha
Old 09-15-2008, 11:36 AM   #103
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
who cares lol
+20

Quote:

Quote:
No one really I just wonder. This project is making me question the rb25 240 I want to build
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #104
Ben G
Zilvia Junkie

+1

message length
Old 09-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #105
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
who cares lol
Hey I want to buy a prius and put a 502ci in it !
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #106
Future240
Future Moderator

And me asking about gas mileage is funny why?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #107
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Because he obviously doesn't care about gas mileage?

Because the fact that this swap is basically done for more power for the car, and not more gas mileage?
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:22 PM   #108
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Duh, because it's fun to jump to conclusions and flame people on forums

I think it's a great question to ask from the curious side of things, as I too wondered how it would do. Seems to me no better/worse than an LSx based V8 (when not using 6th) and or the typical SR20. Good stuff to know!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:35 PM   #109
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
Because he obviously doesn't care about gas mileage?

Because the fact that this swap is basically done for more power for the car, and not more gas mileage?
That is obvious. However I was curious and asked a question, so I dont get whats so funny, but hey its cool still zilvian love

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Duh, because it's fun to jump to conclusions and flame people on forums

I think it's a great question to ask from the curious side of things, as I too wondered how it would do. Seems to me no better/worse than an LSx based V8 (when not using 6th) and or the typical SR20. Good stuff to know!
Exactly
Old 09-15-2008, 05:04 PM   #110
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Because we are talking about an engine swap. Why would gas mileage be an issue? If gas mileage is seriously a concern then go buy an economy car to DD. The VAST majority of people who are doing crazy engine swaps do not DD the car that is getting the crazy swap. It ESPECIALLY doesn't make sense because you are doing a RB swap on your car. RB's are pigs.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #111
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Because we are talking about an engine swap. Why would gas mileage be an issue? If gas mileage is seriously a concern then go buy an economy car to DD. The VAST majority of people who are doing crazy engine swaps do not DD the car that is getting the crazy swap. It ESPECIALLY doesn't make sense because you are doing a RB swap on your car. RB's are pigs.
Read above, I dont really give a crap about gas mileage in that sense. I was just curious to know what it was getting to the gallon. I mean shit its a common question, lighten up people

apologies to op for cloggin up your thread with this bs
Old 09-15-2008, 05:21 PM   #112
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Could you post measurements of your setup as well? http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/1989...surements.html
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:22 PM   #113
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
The VAST majority of people who are doing crazy engine swaps do not DD the car that is getting the crazy swap.
I DD mine. Is a 350 small block "crazy"? How about a 454?
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #114
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
gsracer, you are my hero (again)!

Mazworkz headers look great.

What final drive are you using?

Can't wait to see it in action, do you think you'll dyno it again like it is?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #115
David Steele
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
David Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the roughDavid Steele is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:

Looks like this is a hard question for Zilvians to simply anwser. It didn't come off as : ''yeah your MPG is shit now'' .

To give you an idea MPG is largely affected by weight .

90-93 Q45 Curb weight : 4039 14 city / 18 highway *active suspension w/o 15 city / 20 highway

This engine is very well made and will be very efficient it's design trickles down to the SR20 with it's bottom and and upper closed deck design, and it's 4500cc's (4.5L) displacement with 1.76:1 Rod to Stroke ratio make it a very good motor on fuel today's EMS can make it better.

However this engine in a GSRacers S14 with is what 1000lbs lighter +? will have higher MPG think 25 and better.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:55 AM   #116
Neejay
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Neejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfectionNeejay is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Steele View Post
Looks like this is a hard question for Zilvians to simply anwser. It didn't come off as : ''yeah your MPG is shit now'' .

To give you an idea MPG is largely affected by weight .

90-93 Q45 Curb weight : 4039 14 city / 18 highway *active suspension w/o 15 city / 20 highway

This engine is very well made and will be very efficient it's design trickles down to the SR20 with it's bottom and and upper closed deck design, and it's 4500cc's (4.5L) displacement with 1.76:1 Rod to Stroke ratio make it a very good motor on fuel today's EMS can make it better.

However this engine in a GSRacers S14 with is what 1000lbs lighter +? will have higher MPG think 25 and better.
Damn, that's a very good point. The weight factor totally slipped my mind as far as gas mileage is concerned.
Neejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #117
CrazyTrance
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
CrazyTrance is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Mine gets like 17 or so i think. idk my speed sensor hasnt been working properly.

i really doubt your gonna get 25. I dont think i am. but my timing i think is still off.... so who knows.

Im interested in that powersteering bracket you made. as i didn't have time to make one before i went out to school. so i'm driving it without PS.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:11 AM   #118
CrazyTrance
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
CrazyTrance is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I see yours is in an s14 though, so maybe the ps pump wont fit like yours, It's SUPER tight down there.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:09 PM   #119
eek
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (29)
eek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud ofeek has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
You will get better mileage as long as you do not have a heavy foot. Since the s-chassis is lighter than a q45, the motor does not need to work as hard to move that weight.
eek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 12:28 PM   #120
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
If you did some good tuning had it set to lean burn on low loads and at idle, you could definitely get good gas mileage with a large motor.