Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #91
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
yeah i would bet it's a solid 2"? spacer. i'm gonna maybe shave the spacer a little since there is a good amount of clearance, and once the stock sway bar goes on, down we go. way to much wheel gap up front.
yeah sure does have quit the wheel gap, but the engine bay and interior makes up for it haha
franklin93zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #92
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoS14 View Post
Good going on the car. Hopefully by spring my S14 will be rocking the 1JZ with an R154. Slowly im piecing together the parts.
Sounds like a good time, i think going with a 5spd would be a lot easier then trying to get this auto to shift when it needs to, but oh well we will get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoS14 View Post
BTW, what intercooler kit is that?

I know its CX racing but for a MKIII supra?
it's a godspeed intercooler that i got off ebay.

and the intercooler piping is for the MKIV supra. that was also purchased off ebay. it may be a CX racing i honestly don't remember anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93zx View Post
yeah sure does have quit the wheel gap, but the engine bay and interior makes up for it haha
Haha, thanks man yeah thats one of the things i dislike most is the height of the car but like i said i'm gonna make it lower for spring. also the interior looks a little better now with the pink harness'. i would say the interior is just about done.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #93
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Seen this car in person. Pile o shit. Owners were douches too.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #94
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Seen this car in person. Pile o shit. Owners were douches too.

this coming from the biggest douche rocket on Zilvia.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:35 PM   #95
AE_Racer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
AE_Racer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
awesome car. wish I could afford a JZ 240..had a 1JZ MKIII, fucking love the way JZ's sound. awesome motors.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #96
slidewayz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
slidewayz is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Sweet swap homie Im working on mine as we speak...Me and my best friend kendrick just finished his 2j swap.. we have identical mods except he has a r154 and I have an auto w/3800 stall and now its my turn.. heres a shot of my bay.

my best friends..bay was hella dirty clean now.lol

Old 01-13-2010, 03:55 AM   #97
dpak
Zilvia Junkie

dpak is an unknown quantity at this point
is that a sparkly shift boot on an automatic car? more interior pics

coupe <3
dpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #98
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE_Racer View Post
awesome car. wish I could afford a JZ 240..had a 1JZ MKIII, fucking love the way JZ's sound. awesome motors.
yeah they do sound awesome. just cost alot of money and time

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayz View Post
Sweet swap homie Im working on mine as we speak...Me and my best friend kendrick just finished his 2j swap.. we have identical mods except he has a r154 and I have an auto w/3800 stall and now its my turn.. heres a shot of my bay.

my best friends..bay was hella dirty clean now.lol
Wow, that's pretty crazy your doing a pinkish/purple 2JZ'd Schassis and so am i. lol. PM SENT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
is that a sparkly shift boot on an automatic car? more interior pics
the shift boot is the same as the door panels and the glove box. i'll get more pics later this week.

thanks again everyone.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #99
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
A lot of money on this car... but rear fitment is still sloppy.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:53 AM   #100
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalypso123 View Post
A lot of money on this car... but rear fitment is still sloppy.
Thanks maybe we will put some 185's on it so it can sit on the fender.

maybe a roll/pull could happen i don't know though she will have to think about it.

Got a little bit done this weekend. pulled some stuff to make it slightly easier to get the turbos out... and went down to chitown to pick up a origin trunk spoiler from Risky Devil Matt.

Last edited by Flicktitty; 12-14-2010 at 10:14 AM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #101
Sir Smokes A Lot

Trader Rating: (0)
Sir Smokes A Lot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2jz's are so nice, wish I had one /: gl with the build, looks good!!
Sir Smokes A Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 10:37 PM   #102
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Smokes A Lot View Post
2jz's are so nice, wish I had one /: gl with the build, looks good!!
Thanks a lot.

did some more work to the car over the weekend.

put the car up in the air finally lol.

finished taking off the stock twin turbo's. (this is a pain in the ass to do in the car)

little interior style pic.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #103
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Placed a few orders over the last few days.

- Magnetic oil drain plug
- Precision Billet 6265 .68a/r S cover
- Treadstone turbo manifold
- Boost Logic oil feed and return lines
- Boost logic T4 turbo blanket.

should be a fun week or so once i get everything.

Also finished hooking up some heater hoses on the car and did some more cleaning, removed the front bumper and a few other small things, more pics later this week.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #104
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

hmmm did some more work.

i blocked off some coolant ports and what not.
Got all the heater hoses and what not hooked up.
i blocked off the port on the engine block and started running the oil feed/return lines.

took a pic of the new turbo

got some parts laying around.

the girlfriend assembled all the turbo and manifold/wastegate stuff.

just waiting for my new exhaust manifold gasket from myJZswap.com then the turbo setup should be ready to go on for the last time. but had to do a mockup to see how it was gonna look.

pic of the car in it's winter hiding spot.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #105
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

did some work on the coupe.

Liz plumbed the wastegate/boost controller.
got the manifold all on and set. got all the oil feed/return lines done.
got the down pipe a few days ago and wrapped that and installed it. also used some heat wrapping stuff on the fuel lines and the heater hose. made a sheet metal cover going over the ugly passenger factory battery tray. tightened up some wires/hoses that weren't 100% done. plumbed the oil catch can lines but haven't put them on the valve covers do to still polishing them. Also made a bracket for the new earls trans cooler.

placed a order on Sunday for some new couplers got the wrong length one with the last shipment, so got to wait for that,also ordered a 4" Intake pipe. gonna plumb and mount the oil cooler next weekend. and put the new couplers on, also ordered a Eagle auto 160amp Alternator, hopefully that will keep all the electrical gadgets working. planned out how to do some of the ducting to the oil/trans coolers. so that is still on the too do list.

any who enough writing how bout some pics.

also did some spring cleaning on the daily.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #106
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Well for the most part the car is DONE (for this year). gonna have to get the exhaust put on this weekend and my buddies shop. and fix the speed sensor wire. and need to lower the car.

pics.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:01 PM   #107
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What are you going to put in your SC?
Old 04-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #108
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What are you going to put in your SC?
just gas and oil.....

kind of thinking of getting rid of it for something that gets better gas mileage.

if the motor ever does go out we might consider puttin a GTE in it. or a KA-T kidding.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #109
Tomme

Trader Rating: (4)
Tomme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Bump for any updates?

I enjoyed reading through this thread. Especially after getting past the 1/2 page of someone saying "don't do it." People like that just don't understand the idea of "personal projects."

Keep up the great work.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:12 PM   #110
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Thanks man it's a pretty fun car.

We had the car out put about 500 or so miles on the car. took it to a few shows.

Took it to a friends shop for a dyno day. thought hey why the hell not put it up there see what it will do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pC29K5hrTq8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pC29K5hrTq8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
(As you can see/hear the car hit 2 boost/fuel cuts cause the guy's ran the car in 3rd gear instead of overdrive cause the overdrive was not working at this time. So it made 408whp 368Tq. on 15psi untuned with a bad trans and the break up)

we had a trans issue when we got the car back together. ended up putting a new trans in it (another auto) That still didn't seem to fix it, so we tried a friends ecu, that wasen't it. started going back through the wiring and found out the shifter/od wasen't getting power.

but now that it is fixed the car runs a WHOLE HELL OF ALOT STRONGER. (feels like with a proper transmission and no breakup like it gained an easy 40whp)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ftkp4YICdzY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ftkp4YICdzY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

some pics from last weekend.

gonna try and get a few more video's this weekend.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 PM   #111
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

some videos from this past weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsautdwKsEQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EsautdwKsEQ&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wa_yy_2HK7M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wa_yy_2HK7M&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_mVWNgw33o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U_mVWNgw33o&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 AM   #112
dpak
Zilvia Junkie

dpak is an unknown quantity at this point
random thought.. but I like the name sc240 more than 300sx,
just because 300sx makes me think of a vg30 powered 240,
or some other type of z32/240sx hybrid X)

And after all this talk about dragging, has the car hit the strip yet?

coupe <3
dpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #113
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
random thought.. but I like the name sc240 more than 300sx,
just because 300sx makes me think of a vg30 powered 240,
or some other type of z32/240sx hybrid X)

And after all this talk about dragging, has the car hit the strip yet?
No, the car never made it to the drag strip. we were chasing down a few electrical issues and computer gremlins that wouldn't have made the drag strip much fun, we have a "Test pad" that we mark off a 1/4 mile area and the car hits the speed limiter before being near the 1/4 mile mark, and the limiter hits like 115mph. and that is just leaving off idle and then getting into the car after its rolling.

Get ready for a large update.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #114
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

So, since my last post alot has gone on both for better and for the worst.
had the car out on the street a few more weeks, ran into a good friend of mine who has a high 10 low 11 second evo and ended up involving ourselves in a unnecessary contest of speed i felt pretty good about the lil 240 that could hold his own. about 2 weeks after that the car stalled at a stop light and shut off, i started the car up and limped it off the road.... car red 9.7-10.3 AFR's what the shit. shut it off checked a few things, everything looked alright, tried starting it and everything was fine again...so i brought the car home and looked at it some more, all the plus smelled of fuel, the oil cap, everything... so with that happening i was stuck scratching my head. What do i do? try some cheap/stock fixes to get the car back out for the rest of the season (this was early october) or just say hell with it. I chose the latter.

parked the car, put it away for the year to get a early jump start on this winters build. Which was to consist of Silvia S13 Front end conversion, Chaser Aero Instant gentleman, and a bigger fuel system a MAPECU2 computer system, and repairing much of the body work that was damaged by previous owners.

i had some friends stop over who are good with body work, and sent some pics to different shops and people who have seen the car in the past, got quotes from between 3-5K to do a roof swap new core support and new rear 1/4panel work. bummer. so i looked for a shell or a cheap coupe on here, and a few day's later i came across an amazing find.

Found this GEM on the North Carolina Craigslist as soon as i saw it i made a phone call, talked to the guy, told me how he acquired the car and couldn't keep it. he sent me more photos and we talked about an arraignment for me to fly out there from Wisconsin to pick it up and bring it back to Wisconsin. He then told me he has family about 25 minutes from me! WOW! what was the chance of that. And that he can/will deliver it as long as i give him some extra cash. we agreed on a price and the next week the car was here in Wisconsin!

**** I know this will piss alot of people off, but it was in our price range, and we wanted a stock unmolested coupe, that we could start from scratch and take care of any loose ends and make it truly awesome!****

So we decided, we are going to put most of the stuff from the Gray coupe into this new white one, we will be upgrading and changing out a few parts and pieces as we go. We are still undecided what to do with the gray car once it's stripped and the white cars running gear, it might find it's way into the gray car, or it might be sold off, who knows?

This is pretty much where we are at now.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #115
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

We took apart the front end of the car as well as the rear bumper cause we were planning on installing the aero kit on this car, that won't be happening anymore so that will be taken care of later.

I removed the East bear roll cage and put it on a few local forums for sale, as of right now it is good as sold! and the factory ignitor box, injector resistor box, the boost controller and many other accessories. going to try and clean this bay up on the new car even more then the old one was done.

Also removed the factory intake manifold (upper) to get at the fuel injectors/rail/regulator which will all be upgraded to the Fuel Injector Clinic dual -6AN feeds, FIC 750CC injectors. and Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator That Jordan @Defined Performance will be supplying me.

On Black friday we picked up a MAPECU2 from Robert and Dusty @ MVP Motorsports so that is just another step closer!

Last summer we also picked up a set of used Q45 Brake Calipers from a member on here ( ) Thanks those will be a huge upgrade over stock! We have also been collecting silvia front end stuff, most of which have been purchased through users here on Zilvia (oem metal fenders,Bricks,Oem Corner lights) still in need of a GT-R grill and headlight brackets and a hood. Also picked up a password JDM cooling panel from Tommy and the guy's at www.ILLGarage.com

Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #116
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Dang, new shell is nice! Awesome find!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:03 PM   #117
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Dang, new shell is nice! Awesome find!
Thanks alot man!

I'm hoping to bring this car up to a little more fit and finished level then where it was with the last chassis.

watching you and Broadfield and others on here build your cars have brought alot of inspiration to making this one more like those.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #118
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
this build brings a lot of inspiration to me to keep going on my 2j swap on the vert. great motivation, great build, really nicely done all around.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #119
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
this build brings a lot of inspiration to me to keep going on my 2j swap on the vert. great motivation, great build, really nicely done all around.
Thank you, It is alot of work and alot of bullshit to get everything done just right, but in the end when its running and driving it is all worth it.

if you need any help or insight on the swap please feel free to PM me any questions/concerns you may have.

Thanks again.

*Thank you Phlip for moving the thread*

Last edited by Flicktitty; 12-15-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Flicktitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #120
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

I have been wanting to say thanks to some people who have been a huge help in this car getting where it is today.

Reid, Larry, Vince at Sound Performance for the Precision turbo, gasket's and a few other parts we have needed plus some much needed Dyno time. and all of the other stupid things we have had
issues with.

Rodney and Sean at MyJZswap again for ALL the stupid questions and problems we have had from the start.

Dusty and Robert @ MVP Motorsports for helping out on a bunch of parts.

Kurt @ Elmhurst Toyota for all of the top quality OEM parts.
Mike "Coop" Cooper @ Andrew Toyota for some of the other Toyota parts I've needed in a pinch.

Stefan (s13eidk) @ Rosen Nissan for the OEM Nissan parts.

Tommy and the rest of the guy's at ILL Garage
Billy at Import Image

And a Huge thanks to my friends Ryan,Travis,Ethan (s13pign0se),Kevin,Murray(whatsadsm)

also all the people on Supraforums.com, Zilvia.net, Brewcitymuscle, wi240sx.omgforum.net and myJZswap.com for the comments, complaints and everything in between!

None of this would have happened if it wasen't for all of you.

again THANK YOU SO MUCH.