Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #61
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Cool build. Subscribed
Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #62
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do you have anymore pics of the finished frame notch?
Old 11-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #63
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Thanks for the pictures Danny!

I should hopefully be able to get my camera to actually connect to my computer today. It's messed up the past 3 times I've tried to do it!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #64
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Ok, so here are some of my pictures finally:

Engine bay before primer/paint:

Door bars right after they were tacked in place:

Somethings missing?

You can see just how much extra room there is in the fender wells now:

Engine bay after primer/sealer:

Powered by Max Subframe Risers installed!

These goodies arrived in the mail about a week and a half ago:

Everything was packed extremely well:

I'm very pleased with the quality of all of the Sikky parts. Considering they they offer CNCed motor mounts and excellent craftsmanship the Sikky kit is extremely well priced and nearly makes the swap a bolt on procedure.

Check out their website here: High Performance Auto Parts :: SIKKY Manufacturing

Full sized images can be found at my blog: Knoops Blog

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 11-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #65
datboibrad
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
datboibrad can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the dipstick they offer. is it basically a drill and tap affair? nvm their pan has a bung for it.
datboibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:53 AM   #66
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the extra update..

And also I'm glad to hear that Sikky parts are so legit. I plan on using there LS kit for my Z33. How was there customer service where they easy to work with?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:08 AM   #67
scweet1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
scweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man, build is moving fast!! Cannot wait to see it finished!
scweet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 AM   #68
thatdrifterguy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
thatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to beholdthatdrifterguy is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sweeet! i just got my stuff from sikky too!
thatdrifterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 AM   #69
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice build man
MisawaJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:29 AM   #70
limited240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
limited240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
hella nice build.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 AM   #71
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
sweet build!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 AM   #72
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_T View Post
Thanks for the extra update..

And also I'm glad to hear that Sikky parts are so legit. I plan on using there LS kit for my Z33. How was there customer service where they easy to work with?

Their customer service is excellent. When I ordered the kit they told me to give them a call if I have any trouble or issues with the install along the way. I also received the whole kit the day after I ordered it. I know they're only one state away from me, but that is still impressive!

I will be doing a write up of their kit with LOTS of pictures when I actually finish the installation.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 11-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #73
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow,.. this buildd is sooooo legit!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:50 AM   #74
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
Damn everything is coming together nicely Sknoop. I really need to get danny to make me a cage sometime soon. His door bars look awesome.
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #75
Idk...Cameron

Idk...Cameron is an unknown quantity at this point
That LS1 is gonna be awesome man nice build!
Idk...Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #76
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Thanks for keeping us updated!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 AM   #77
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Looks exceptional, VERY nice work! I am jealous of the tubs... those look perfect!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:13 AM   #78
brunswick240
Zilvia Junkie

brunswick240 is making a name for him/her selfbrunswick240 is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to brunswick240
subscribed! i love it!
brunswick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:12 PM   #79
JDM Sil4ty
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
JDM Sil4ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
oh yea !!!! NICE build you got going on man ..
Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM   #80
mothon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
mothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond reputemothon has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I didn't see any pics of headers in the pics. Are going to run long tubes? What brand? Custom?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #81
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I was hoping I could run the Sikky long tubes, but they hang down a little past the frame rails. I am running some shorty headers they used to mock up for their long tubes though. They're just hooker block huggers with 3" tubes coming off of them that go around the steering column.

I am going to make a 3" oval Y-pipe and I haven't decided if I want to tie it into my 3" Trust DD I have sitting in my living room or if I should sell that and make a full oval exhaust so I don't destroy the DD.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 11-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #82
Royal_T
Zilvia Addict

Royal_T is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks 95KA-Turbo for the info about Sikky, can't wait for more pics
Old 11-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #83
datboibrad
Zilvia Addict

datboibrad can only hope to improve
pics of the block huggers your referring to?
datboibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:06 AM   #84
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

I'll get pictures of them later, but they are like this:

But the flange is cut off the bottom and they have 3" downpipes coming off of them.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Old 12-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #85
ballinnmiami240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura aboutballinnmiami240sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
OH and Atpturbo.com has the 3"v-bands and 3"round to 3"oval. WOOT

Old 12-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #86
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
I'll get pictures of them later, but they are like this:

But the flange is cut off the bottom and they have 3" downpipes coming off of them.
why not just get the sikky headers too and call it a day your make more power from LT's ?!?!? or even the hinson headers (thats the ones i had )
Old 12-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #87
murda-c
Post Whore!

murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET View Post
why not just get the sikky headers too and call it a day your make more power from LT's ?!?!? or even the hinson headers (thats the ones i had )

He said the sikkys hung below the frame rails, which is bad for a car that's going to be as low as his tubs make it seem.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 AM   #88
RUTH'LESSDET
Zilvia Addict

RUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to allRUTH'LESSDET is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to RUTH'LESSDET
Quote:
Originally Posted by murda-c View Post
He said the sikkys hung below the frame rails, which is bad for a car that's going to be as low as his tubs make it seem.
Okay I get it I had the same thing happen to me if you can notice it in this pictures below. Ive always flirted with the the idea of removing about an "1-"1.5 from the LT header right in the middle so I would get more clearance and still flow a little better than the block huggers. Just something to think about

Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 AM   #89
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Luke needs to build an S-Chassis exhaust like this one for the Camaro Race Car he did.

Keep up the good work knoop! Looks like you really need to put in for a screen name change now.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #90
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Nice build going, great momentum. I'm excited to see more ~

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote