Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-27-2004, 07:17 PM   #1
Var
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Var
Electrical problem somewhat solved in Pinky

ArdJosh pm'ed me about the metal object in my gas tank. It turns out it was a baffle and has been known to come loose in case of impact or really sudden change in direction. Anyways. The problem with the wiring happened right after i pulled a super sick drift around a right hand turn..the extreme g-forc of my superior clutch initiated spectacle of physics defying driftage could have cause the baffle to creep up to the fuel pump and cause a short. Although i am really skeptical this was the cause, it very well may have been. So i will take the baffle out(hopefully with no ill effects) and hope i dont blow up in the near future.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:48 PM   #2
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
the baffle is there to keep your gas from sloshing around. It's abscence might turn out to be something of a hindrance, esp if your fuel pump can't get fuel after a little manji.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've never heard of the baffle problem but.... I thought the baffles were there for a good reason. What happens when you corner hard and there are no baffles where the pump pick up is? (i forget what the term is for it) the pump won't be able to suck any fuel, if the tank get's low....

Either way...make sure you drain the tank! (not that wouldn't know to do that)
Old 07-27-2004, 09:50 PM   #4
Var
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Var
at the racetrack, my engine starved through a couple turns. Maybe the baffle wasnt working properly to begin with. But i filled it up and it fixed the problem. I'm gonna start researching the costs of a racing cell. thanks for the info.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:27 PM   #5
AutoRnD
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
AutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the roughAutoRnD is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AutoRnD
if you run with 1/2 a tank or more you will be fine... ive had mine out of the car for somet ime now with no ill affect.. talk to the guys at signal auto as well as other drifter's who've gotten into a crash...

Nardi, Enkei, Stance, AME Master Distributors for USA

Check Out Our Facebook!
AutoRnD is offline   Reply With Quote