Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Old 09-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
ZilviaBot
Zilvia.net Bot

Trader Rating: (0)
ZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to allZilviaBot is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post The Days After: Mourning Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Filed under: Motorsports
A little over a day after a tragic helicopter accident has claimed the life of famous rally driver Colin McRae and three others, including his 5-year-old son Johnny, fans and members of motorsport alike are paying tribute to the legend with kind words. With perhaps the most fitting gesture so far, the Scottish Subaru Impreza Drivers Club formed a parade of Subarus outside of McRae's home in Lanark, Scotland, leaving a makeshift shrine and a note that said, among other sentiments, "May you enjoy going 'flat out' in God's special stage." Well known drivers in other types of motorsport also followed the career of McRae, and those who have commented on his death include Formula One driver David Coulthard, legend himself Jackie Stewart, and MotoGP rider Valentino Rossi.

[Source: Reuters, Photo by Jeff J Mitchell/Getty]

Gallery: Mourning for Colin McRae

Continue reading The Days After: Mourning Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)
Â*
ReadÂ*|Â*Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
ZilviaBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
DOOK
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
DOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfectionDOOK is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
RIP to the greatest rally driver of all time, I've followed his career. I would almost goes as far as to say, the STi and EVO and their performance may not be possible without the advancements he and his teams have made over the years in AWD turbo applications.

DOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
I've followed his career as well, and i have to agree with Ltdnismoracer4, other than Tommi Makinen he was probably the one driver who helped push both of the popular AWD platforms in the WRC into what they are today, as a member of the racing community and as a role model, he will be missed greatly
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
luisgonz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
luisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfectionluisgonz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to luisgonz
This is sad to hear. He will be missed.
luisgonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Wow, I was just watching rally videos today with him in it. Truly a loss for the motorsport world.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #6
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
man im still wicked down about this....

i have poster of him holding his silver medal from the xgames, definitely not taking it down EVER.

RIP to the man who MADE subaru performance.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
k's_silvia2.0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
k's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfectionk's_silvia2.0 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to k's_silvia2.0
To think he died crashing something that flies in the air and not crashing in those crazed rally tracks boogles my mind.
R*I*P Colin.