Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #5671
Buckna

Trader Rating: (0)
Buckna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Buckna
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Damn that sucks, at least the wheels on the cop car look pretty sick!

It is illegal to modify your car at all in VA, you just have to live in an area where the cops have better things to do (that means you don't drive around the beach).
Haha, that's sht, I was looking through this thread checkin the tight fitment wanting to move to USA to get to hang with people that speak my language fitment > life.

The cop car is one of four new "anti hoon" cars the state received a few weeks ago, to combat illegally modified cars and people doings "skids" on the streets.

I have been booked by this one, and the red one (came in four colours, one of each, green, blue, red, yellow)

Red one got me a beauty on my r32 4 door track car.

Too low
Too loud
carbon fibre bonnet not complied to australian design rules
race seat not approved
engine conversion not approved
gearbox conversion not approved
aftermarket engine managment not approved
wheels protrude past vehicle body
track increased by more than 15mm
suspension modifications not complied to australian design rules
no working demister fitted to vehicle
differential not allowing free movement between axles
front reo cut
no working horn fitted to vehicle
pod filter insecure (yes, he wrote insecure, I think it needs a friend)
steering wheel missing crash pad and not complied to australian design rules
Vehicle more than 4 colours
No washer jets
Passenger parking lamp inoperable
Bonnet pins not allowed
Handbrake modified to allow free movement without catch
No heater core hooked up
No reverse lights
In cabin adjustable boost controller not allowed
Wheels and tires not complied to vehicle tire placard
No eye level brake light

I think that was it. But yeah, the cops here aren't so bad, but sometimes you get nabbed by the "STTF (State traffic task force)" and they go anal rape style on you.

Cop told me to have the vehicle off the road and deregistered, or presented for full inspection to transport officers by the 17/7 or else I would receive a $1500 fine for "failure to comply with police instruction"

It's the 29/7, no such fine yet, the car is currently outside my work, still sitting foul
Buckna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #5672
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So that's why I never saw any real pimp cars when I was in Australia, haha.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #5673
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
WTF!!! i think we have that law here also about the wheels cant stick out of body... pretty sure we do but never hear any one getting a ticket for that. if u want to move to USA FL is the place to live CA cops suck ass too.

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:10 PM   #5674
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^ I came to the conclusion too. You allways see a really sick car with the wooooooorst fitment in australia. Now we know why.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #5675
Buckna

lol @ slammed180 and dub40sx

They exist, we're just careful with when we bring them out to play

For instance, I drive a 2002 bmw e39 530i Msport for a daily. Cam sensors fcked out on it. I took it off the road to fix, drove my 32 around to work, shops etc. In one week got 3 defect notices and a total of $1200 in fines. And the more I argue with them, the more fines I get it's great.

How do licenses work over there? Do you lose points for speeding/talking on phone/defect notices etc? I do want to go to FL. I hate going on a holiday where I can't go for a drift! Any cool tracks around FL? Anyone wanna lend me a car? :P

I'm at work so I'm not posting pics, work computers fail! Sorry if I'm meant to be! I knew this isn't a "chat" thread, but meh. Provided people stop posting fail fitment pics, this is where I'll be hanging :P Hopefully get some pics of my 32 up tonight, am drifting after work so by the time I get home tires will all be bald and it'll be too dark!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #5676
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking on the phone isn't a problem here. If a cop REALLY doesn't like you, you can get harassed for stupid shit i.e: exhaust opening larger than stock, stripped interior, etc.

We do loose demerits for speeding and all the usual shit. But having a RHD car in Canada grabs alot of unwanted attention sometimes.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #5677
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Im sure Canada is way cooler than Cali. Shit over there is retarded. We dont even need to bring up points on that. Most US states are pretty cool about stuff with acceptions to a few things.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 PM   #5678
Buckna

Well in my state in aus, you get 3 years "provisonal license" where you have 4 demerit points to lose. Then you get an "open" license. where you get 12.

I lost 3 points the other day because I was at a set of lights and my phone went off (text message), I looked at it, read the message, put phone down. Light was still red. I was fined $300 and 3 demerit points for "Using a handheld device whilst operating a motor vehicle" Then the cop gave me another $100 fine with 1 demerit point attached for "driving a defective vehicle", along with a defect notice and notice to present car to Department of Transport for further inspection. Then a $200 fine for "driving vehicle in unsafe condition" and he then let me go on my way. This normally wouldn't worry me, but I have 2 demerit points remaining, which means I now lose my license, when technically, I don't think I did anything wrong, I wasn't driving whilst using my phone, I wasn't not watching the road. Fail police. Revenue raisers.

Worst bit is, when I argued with him, he said "well if you're at the lights, and the light goes green, and an impatient person behind you runs into the back of you because you haven't noticed the light going green then it's your fault" WTFBBQ!!!, I could go to sleep at the lights and if some retard uses his bumper instead of his horn to alert me the light is green then it's going to be HIS FUCKING FAULT!

This got the sargeant called down to the scene. Fail.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #5679
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
My God I didn't know the laws were that bad there. Mostly Hondas get messed with in VA and I only got pulled over in my old S14 for actually sliding on the street and for having a 3" turbo back straight pipe. The worst ticket I got for those was my exhaust - they gave me 'disturbing the peace' because of how loud it was (which is a Class 1 Misdemeanor - essentially the same as being caught with smaller amounts of pot). I have no problems with my current car (which is no longer my daily so it helps a lot).

Just to keep it on topic:

A few more shots of my friend's S15:

19X9.5/10.5 +12
215/35 and 225/35

And why not...another played out picture of my car, lol:

17X10/11 +7/+12
245/40 and 255/40

Instagram - SJKnoop

Last edited by 95KA-Turbo; 07-28-2009 at 11:31 PM..
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #5680
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
awesome /\/\/\ those wheels ar Rareeeeeeee .. sick

Old 07-28-2009, 11:30 PM   #5681
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Thank you. They should be one-off since I built them in my room!

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #5682
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Those Austrailia laws are some of the gayest laws I've ever read.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #5683
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Those Austrailia laws are some of the gayest laws I've ever read.

Funny part is...thats exactly how the car laws are here in Japan. All those he listed are exactly what would fail a car with a quickness for JCI.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 AM   #5684
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
man fuck that........

i guess USA is the place to be... we just need better vendors with more access ....
Old 07-29-2009, 05:43 AM   #5685
hellaflush
Zilvia Member

hellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to allhellaflush is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to hellaflush Send a message via MSN to hellaflush

17x9.5 +15 uras ns01 225/45/17 -2
18x10.5 +15 volk te37 235/40/18 -3.5

defected the night before in adelaide australia

too low
cage
steering wheel
gauges on dash
boost controller
wheels protruding from guards
out of track
wheels fouling on guards
too loud
no suspension travel (too stiff)
hid headlights

they couldve done so much more!

our cars in adelaide need to be put back to stock standard and taken for an inspection... other states are a bit easier in some ways - sydney you just need to take it to a workshop and most workshops will pass you for a carton of beer... you dont need to see any roadworthy inspectors

brisbane from what ive heard uses a fine system... and the other thing is brisbane can get "mod plates" for almost anything stating the vehicle is legal to have that modification...

adelaide is fkd... my car hasnt seen the road in 8 months!

i got busted because i went over a tiny reflector in the road and my exhaust has about 10mm clearance... sparks n shit... cop didnt like that

those of us who try to style it right... get reemed... i got busted within 24hrs of tucking tyre with my new silkroads

hellaflush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:01 AM   #5686
Hektic86

Hektic86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
WTF!!! i think we have that law here also about the wheels cant stick out of body... pretty sure we do but never hear any one getting a ticket for that. if u want to move to USA FL is the place to live CA cops suck ass too.
Sadly i wuz a victim of this bullshit law...and i live in fort lauderdale florida..gheys cop ever
Hektic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:40 AM   #5687
gsxr141
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
gsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymoregsxr141 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i think the worst part is: most of the time the parts we put on are an UPGRADE from stock.
btw, those are some very strict laws down under.
gsxr141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:52 AM   #5688
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektic86 View Post
Sadly i wuz a victim of this bullshit law...and i live in fort lauderdale florida..gheys cop ever
what happened to u?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #5689
neoninja
Leaky Injector

neoninja is an unknown quantity at this point
lol yall just need to move to Alabama. You can do whatever you want to your car here. Limo tint, open headers, slammed.... doesn't matter never had any problems or even heard of people having probs with cops.

rules..

17x 8/9 +10
getting there.

neoninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #5690
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
yea there is a law in maryland like this, but i believe it was created so that lifted trucks etc wouldn't be flinging rocks at people's windshields
nathanong87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #5691
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoninja View Post
lol yall just need to move to Alabama. You can do whatever you want to your car here. Limo tint, open headers, slammed.... doesn't matter never had any problems or even heard of people having probs with cops.

rules..

17x 8/9 +10
getting there.
looks good same wheels i have just in better widths/offsets. any more pics?
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #5692
slim_240
Zilvia Member

slim_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone have any more pics of this car and any info on fitment??
thanks!

slim_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:39 PM   #5693
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^17x10 +18 Enkei RPF1s all around, IIRC.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #5694
slim_240
Zilvia Member

slim_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
any aftermarket fenders in front or some serious pulling? any tire specs?
slim_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 11:29 PM   #5695
neoninja
Leaky Injector

neoninja is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by blksylv View Post
looks good same wheels i have just in better widths/offsets. any more pics?
Thank you sir.

Here's a couple more. Just got the fitment where I want it so I have very few pics so far... Front still needs to go down some

neoninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #5696
_bukkake

_bukkake is an unknown quantity at this point

18x9.5 +16 225/45/18
18x10.5 +23 235/40/18

running 25mm spacers all around
_bukkake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 11:01 AM   #5697
J ROK
Zilvia Member

J ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really niceJ ROK is just really nice
S13
17x10.5 +8 15mm spacer 235/40
18x10 -3 25mm spacer 235/40

Old 07-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #5698
m4nfred

m4nfred is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to m4nfred
^^^^^ weeeak lol
m4nfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #5699
Drifting-pedobear
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Drifting-pedobear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_240 View Post
anyone have any more pics of this car and any info on fitment??
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_240 View Post
any aftermarket fenders in front or some serious pulling? any tire specs?
same question, i like the fitment on that, really 10's in the front?
Drifting-pedobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #5700
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
if you guys would just click a few pages back your questions would be answered

But yes they are Stock front fenders
yes they are 17x10 up front