Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 05-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #31
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
They shot the dog, because they never get to shoot anything else.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #32
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
well think how expensive replacing those dogs can be, esp pure breed dogs can cost alot.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #33
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
I went to Mizzou. the cops were known cockbags.
more pissed that my tax dollars pay for this shit. this much manpower was wasted on making bad PR and charging somebody for having an ounce? jesus christ.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:20 AM   #34
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
lol at Internet debaters.

another video for people that..
a) were not there
b)don't know the people involved
c)don't have all the facts and never will
..to discuss and solve nothing over the internet.
I'm on the side of SWAT just simply because they don't shoot if they don't have to. I love dogs(like a lot), but i'm not going to 'fight the man' based on some youtube video
Old 05-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #35
Bluejayde
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Bluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond reputeBluejayde has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
I went to Mizzou. the cops were known cockbags.
more pissed that my tax dollars pay for this shit. this much manpower was wasted on making bad PR and charging somebody for having an ounce? jesus christ.
Just to clarify, the dude had a pipe in a sock drawer and the equivalent of a bowl of green. We live in one of the biggest METH capitols in the US (Boone County respresent!) and these guys are getting paid overtime to raid houses, shoot dogs, abuse citizens, and endanger children. The local taxpayers, the people that vote the politicians in and pay the law enforcements salary, don't care about weed. We have serious problems in our town, and we don't want our money wasted on BULLSHIT. Once again the politicians have their own agenda and fail to represent the PEOPLE. Once again, the police fail to "serve and protect".

Edit: In case you haven't noticed, I live here. I'll be debating here, on other forums, at school, and at the town council meeting.
Bluejayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #36
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
Columbia cops strike again.

Couple of examples from last year...

They ran over a pedestrian in front of my friends apartment complex and claimed he was laying in the middle of the road. Cop was suspended with pay.

There was a guy sitting on top of an I70 overpass. When they finally got him to come down they tazed him when he was half way down and he fell 20~feet.

I've never heard so much shit about the police until I lived there.

flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:27 AM   #37
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Oh no a dog barked and got aggressive when a bunch of weird smelling men entered its home. That's what dogs do, surprise.

Sissys
Old 05-09-2010, 10:18 AM   #38
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Not all SWAT teams are created equal. Some are composed of dedicated professionals; most are made up of officers who, as has been mentioned already, get paid overtime and seldom have the training required for such missions.

The use of SWAT teams to serve routine warrants has skyrocketed over the last few years.

All in all, I'm not so much concerned with the officers in this situation as with the judicial/law enforcement system that put them there in the first place.

I probably would've shot the dog too, by the way.
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #39
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Sounds like a specious reason for the invasion of the house to begin with.

The war on drugs is a war on privacy and peace. The war on drugs is the reason for drug-related violence, is the reason for the militarization of the police force and is the reason for our involvement in so many places of the globe.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #40
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
tee hee
I'm gonna get you, police.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #41
thefro526
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
thefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of lightthefro526 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
tee hee
I'm gonna get you, police.
BH, your comments in this thread made me laugh my ass off. Thank you.

On topic though, if SWAT is raiding a house that means that they have at least some information on the people inside. SWAT clearly thought drugs were in the house. Maybe the home owner shouldn't put themselves in a position to get their house raided?

As far as the dogs go, if those guys shot a corgi (greatest dog ever) then there must have been a reason for it. Just sayin'.

Also, I'm not pro-police or anything, I'm just a fan of government/municipal/state employees doing their job, because if not, then why am I paying taxes? If I'm in the wrong and the police hassle me for it, then well it's my fault - I knew what I was doing was wrong.
thefro526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:44 PM   #42
BlueKpS13
Zilvia Member

BlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to allBlueKpS13 is a name known to all
Shooting a dog is necessary if it poses a threat to the officer.

Welsh Corgi? And animal that is not known for violence, and comes up to your shin? Cops must be real tough guys if they feel threatened by a 35 pound ball of fur that runs slower than humans...
BlueKpS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #43
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
HAHAHA at least this isn't some Vietnamese family about to hack a baby husky alive for brunch...
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:48 AM   #44
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefro526 View Post
Also, I'm not pro-police or anything, I'm just a fan of government/municipal/state employees doing their job, because if not, then why am I paying taxes? If I'm in the wrong and the police hassle me for it, then well it's my fault - I knew what I was doing was wrong.
But this man wasn't doing anything wrong. He hurt no one, physically or economically. There was no evidence that he intended to initiate any force upon anyone.

These cops weren't doing their job. Their job is to keep the peace and help the citizenry. Instead they disturb the peace and kill the citizenry's dogs.

Why the hell are you paying taxes?
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #45
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Quote:
Yeah, those assholes better at least make themselves LOOK busy!
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:39 AM   #46
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
So what if a baby is crying really loud? SWAT should shoot the baby cuz it might muffle the sound of others. lol. Lets shoot everything thats loud and makes noise.

But I can kind of understand a cop killing a pit bull. Those shits are crazy, but I mean there are various non lethal methods. I mean you can hit the dog with the but of your gun, thats a lot better then shooting and killing it.
Pitbulls are not crazy.

The mean ones are results of their owners treating them like shit and making them mean, and then breeding them and selling their pups to other "thugs" for status symbol.

There are plenty of Pitbulls that will just come up to you, flop on the floor and roll over for you to rub their bellies, and all they want to do is play and cuddle with you.

There are plenty of Chihuahuas out there that are much more aggressive than Pitbulls, but nobody deems them dangerous because they're small, but truth be told, them shits are probably a lot more "aggressive" because of their Napoleon Complex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
well think how expensive replacing those dogs can be, esp pure breed dogs can cost alot.
The cost is only one thing.

A pet is somebody's companion, usually loved by an owner, or in this case, a whole family. You can't exactly put a price on a loved one and have it reimbursed and call it good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Persona View Post
Oh no a dog barked and got aggressive when a bunch of weird smelling men entered its home. That's what dogs do, surprise.

Sissys
Pretty much.

Even the well trained dogs will be surprised and at least bark a few times under that kind of circumstance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalveBlue View Post
Not all SWAT teams are created equal. Some are composed of dedicated professionals; most are made up of officers who, as has been mentioned already, get paid overtime and seldom have the training required for such missions.

The use of SWAT teams to serve routine warrants has skyrocketed over the last few years.

All in all, I'm not so much concerned with the officers in this situation as with the judicial/law enforcement system that put them there in the first place.

I probably would've shot the dog too, by the way.
I agree with the first 3 paragraphs, but the last one... really?

Unless the dog was doing stuff to you like the K9 officers are trained to do, you know, bite down on someone's arm and not let go and try to bring the person down, or if they're straight up trying to bite your face off, then yeah I can understand that you might want to shoot it or something to get it away from you.

But there are other ways of going about it.

Again, this probably falls under the fact that these officers were not trained to do this kind of mission, thus they panicked and started shooting.

However, reports were that the dog was in a cage and cannot get out, so why shoot it?

Quote:
BH, your comments in this thread made me laugh my ass off. Thank you.

On topic though, if SWAT is raiding a house that means that they have at least some information on the people inside. SWAT clearly thought drugs were in the house. Maybe the home owner shouldn't put themselves in a position to get their house raided?

As far as the dogs go, if those guys shot a corgi (greatest dog ever) then there must have been a reason for it. Just sayin'.

Whoever was collecting intelligence for this SWAT team obviously didn't do their job, or else they would know that there was only the guy, his wife and his kid, and their two dogs at home when the team went in to execute the search warrant.

And they would also know if he sold drugs, and how much he sells on average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueKpS13 View Post
Shooting a dog is necessary if it poses a threat to the officer.

Welsh Corgi? And animal that is not known for violence, and comes up to your shin? Cops must be real tough guys if they feel threatened by a 35 pound ball of fur that runs slower than humans...
Um... they can run faster than humans, by a lot, and if they're 35lbs they're way overweight, and at that point, yes, you would be correct in saying that they cannot run faster than humans.

They're usually 20-25lbs on average, and are quite fast, seeing as they're herders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey213 View Post
HAHAHA at least this isn't some Vietnamese family about to hack a baby husky alive for brunch...
Wow, you're still living in the 80s stereotyping different cultures are we?

Bottom line, these dudes don't seem like they know what they're doing (the way they entered the house and moved through the house was kinda n00b like), and their intel sucks balls.

The officers are probably not trained very well for SWAT type operations, and whoever gathers information for them needs to be fired, especially if these dudes are "planning" on being "serious" about coming down on drugs and drug dealers.

BTW, that pic of the corgi on the laptop was hilarious Kyle lol

I've been meaning to take one of mine and seeing it up so it looks like he's on the computer lol
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #47
Silviaoneday
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Silviaoneday is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal-s130 View Post

LMAO wow thats great, on a serious note that was kinda shitty what happen.
Silviaoneday is offline   Reply With Quote