Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 07-18-2010, 09:05 PM   #91
bigbadberrys13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
bigbadberrys13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not over yet Government says leak detected 'a distance from' oil well - CNN.com
bigbadberrys13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #92
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The cap wasn't meant to be a final solution. I'm not surprised it leaks a little.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #93
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM

Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 AM   #94
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
If Transocean had leased the rig to BP, wouldn't that mean that BP had their own operators on the DeepWater Horizon?

HandinPants - You can call me a bad person, you can call me an asshole, you can even call me worse than Hitler, but if you ever call me a liberal again I will hunt you down and fight you. True story.
I work in this industry. First off, yes, BP would have 1-3 'drilling engineers' on the rig watching the operation and making the final calls. HOWEVER, anything that would put the lives or environment at risk, It still falls down to the Rig and its crews. In any event of a blowout, there is many lines of defense to protect the well from a blowout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
I like how everyone blames BP for this problem. I like how that VIDEO's sole message was that BP and the oil industry aren't taking more actions to be cautious.

Anyone ever stop to think that there's more involved than BP? why aren't there rules and regulations that promote safety when drilling?

And if you guys plan on boy cotting BP, we'll see what happens when/if BP runs out of money....
There is rules and regulations in place. Honnestly, I'm not sure 100% with American regulations, but here in Canada its law to do a 'pressure test' after every casing job. This will make sure your BOP is fool proof and can withstand a kick or blowout. Every drilling rig has safety procedures in place and this wasn't a matter to play the blame game just yet. We need to know who made the final call when sketchy stuff was first detected. I'm pretty sure someone knew bad stuff was going to happen.

A perfect example of this just happened on my Rig. One of my Roughnecks spotted a hydraulic leak in one of the fittings on our stack (BOP). We stopped operation and fixed it on the spot. His failure to notify anyone or fix the problem could lead to the death of everyone. We are trained to keep our eyes open on things like this. Even though there is 3 other lines of defence to stop a blowout. you take no chances on the other 2 holding if you know one is damaged.

You guys don't have the facts of what happened, you were not there, so I wouldn't try to talk like you are an expert on the matter.

I'm not, and I work on a drilling rig. I'm pretty sure most of you have never seen one up close. There is a big difference when you are walking the line.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:24 AM   #95
supervenom
BANNED

Trader Rating: (11)
supervenom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
This whole thing is truely sad. So many people's lives have been destroyed. And, at the end of the day, BP will pay a small (they are worth nearly a Trillion) fine of a few Billion dollars and will move on. None of the people in the Gulf will see any of that money. They will get screwed just like last time (Katrina). The problem is political, social and moral. BP made it even worse with the chemicals they used to try to hide all of the oil in the deep sea. The problem is persistent. Just like the drug war, until governments stop trying to control what people consume into their bodies, that war will never end. But its different, until we stop using oil, the problem will NEVER go away.
supervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #96
E_Monkey

E_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
The bp company it self is a great company lol :/
E_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:50 AM   #97
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
i wish i shorted bp.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #98
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
So november... I am from New Orleans. I for one want to say I don't hold BP soley responsible for the oil spill. It was known that ppl were paid off to look the other way. I hold Bp responsible for the lack of action on the clean up. We, as consumers, are at fault too. If you use oil, you pretty much are supporting them. You figure it happened to BP, now if it would have happned to cheveron or shell we would see them as a bad guy. My whole thing is we are still dependant on oil. We aren't doing enough to stop the raping of earth. When I saw the movie Avatar, it was like watching a documentary I guess you can say. But thats another whole thread in itself. But they went in wanted to get what they wanted F$#k everything else. It's pretty much how the world is run. Forests are being cut down, land is being taken over, lakes and rivers polluted. It's like we aren't doing enough to help the planet out.
Now BP is paying small claims to everyone who was affected by the oil spill. Out of the four jobs I have, THREE were affected. I work at two seafood restaurants and the insurance business. All three are affected. Now they are helping out stimulating the economy with the small claims. It helps out a lot. I presonally am down about 20 grand from last year. I have the paper work to prove it. The claims process is rediculous! they have a twenty BILLION fund just for that and as of nov 6th the have spent 1.746,xxx,xxx.xx billion dollars according to the gulfcoastclaimsfacility.com site. Now The immediate response to this is phew this is going to help out right now... But I'm thinking what about the next few years? How is the seafood industry going to look like? Will all the shrimp, oysters, fish, etc going to be repopulated within the next few years? Thats the real problem. Not only that What about the ecosystem? There is no telling how many species were killed off with this oil spill. But we are still here. I'm just on the fence to say which was worse Katrina or BP... Time will tell. I am leaning more towards Katrina though.

BTW, The coffe spill parody was HILARIOUS!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #99
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
HAH, so I pull up my yahoo. mail and this is on the front

Spill panel: No evidence of saving $ over safety - Yahoo! News

looks like the blame is placed.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:56 PM   #100
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^

great read.

Halliburton at it again.
Why is this company still in business?!

Still, BP and the US government (with their arguably lax safety regulations) share some responsibility imo.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote