Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-26-2003, 04:05 PM   #1
StanBo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
StanBo is making a name for him/her selfStanBo is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to StanBo Send a message via AIM to StanBo
Talking August 17th 2003 IFX Meet

MEET DATE: August 17th
RAIN DATE: August 31st

Directions:
From NJ.....
Take NJTP to Goethels bridge (exit 13). Go over the Goethels to the Staten Island Expressway(rt 287). Take rt. 287 to the Verranzano Bridge. Stay in the left lane going over the Verranzano. Get onto the Belt Parkway. After exit 26 the Belt becomes the Southern State Parkway. Take the SSP to exit 38. Exit 38 takes you right into the park.

From Garden State Parkway, get off at the exit for 440 North to the Outerbridge crossing, once across the Outerbridge stay on 440 North until you get to the Staten Island Expressway. (rt. 287) Take rt. 287 to the Verranzano Bridge. Stay in the left lane going over the Verranzano. Get onto the Belt Parkway. After exit 26 the Belt becomes the Southern State Parkway. Take the SSP to exit 38. Exit 38 takes you right into the park.

From the Bronx.....
Take the Throgs neck bridge to the Cross Island Parkway. Take the CIP south to the Southern State. Take the SSP to exit 38.

From LI, Brooklyn, Queens......
Take the Belt Parkway to the Southern State Parkway, or/then SSP to Exit 38. Brings you right into the park. From the LIE, get off at exit 43 or 44 for rt. 135, the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway. Take that south until you get to the Southern State Parkway. Head east on the SSP to exit 38.

From eastern LI.........
Take Sunrise Highway to exit 40, the Robert Moses Causway. Follow that to the Southern State Parkway heading west. Take the SSP to exit 38.
From the LIE, take that to exit 51 Deer Park Ave. exit. Take DPA south until you hit the SSP. Roughly 8 miles. Head west one(1) exit to exit 38 for the Park. Meet date: August 17th ( A Sunday)

Meet time: Park opens at 7AM, I will be there to setup. You guys get there when you can.

There will of course be a BBQ, so bring what you would like. I have the permit for the meeting, so everything is in order. Just bring your car, food, and a good sense of humor (cause some ppl need a lot of it ) and have fun. Please follow the rules I have posted below, and to any members who would like to post this meet info on their site, please copy and paste so everyone is aware.

SOME RULES FOR THE MEET.

I know sometimes it can be hard to contain oneself, but for this meet to happen, everyone has to realize something:

1. Please no speeding into or out of the park. This park has a much larger lot then we are used to at our previous meets, and you may feel a little "gas" happy. Believe me when I tell you this park gets packed, and children pop out from everywhere, and anywhere. I know, I used to work at this park. Keep the speed limit down.

2. Of course, like at our previous meets, there will be no alcohol.

3. Keep your radio's down. The cops will give you a ticket for that if they pass by and you have your stereo cranking.

Just use your head. I know the staff first-hand, including the park manager. I WILL NOT walk out of this park with egg on my face. Period. If you mess around, I'll call the police personally. Lets just go out and have another great BBQ with fellow import owners like we always do. Plain and simple.

Last edited by StanBo; 07-26-2003 at 04:10 PM..
StanBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2003, 08:51 PM   #2
Y So Low

Trader Rating: (0)
Y So Low is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Y So Low
bump in the road never hurt anyone
Y So Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 09:45 PM   #3
Y So Low