Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 06-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #1
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
UPDATE on National Convention *please read*

Planning of the Convention is still going well, however we have yet to see anywhere near the proposed numbers for attendance. Numerous people have responded with stories about waiting for parts, needing to pay for other car-associated things, etc., and while I understand the desire to have your car 'ready' for this event, the readiness will be wasted if there is no event. I continue to urge everyone to realize we're closing in on just one month left, and it will go by in a blink. If you haven't registered yet, or are holding out for some reason, now is the time to do so. I'm not willing to cancel it this close to the date, nor am I willing to lose the money that I've invested thus far. Remember, this event is for YOU, the enthusiast. Making excuses at this late in the game is not a viable option anymore.
Due to the slow response, I have been forced to make a decision that I was not prepared to do. Ideally, I could just cancel the Sunday autocross and save money, however that would cheat those who have already paid and end the weekend early, which would be unfair to everyone involved, so I've decided to extend the invitation to the GA Z Club to participate as well. This seems to be the only way to increase revenue at this point, as I've done events with Z guys in the past and know that are more willing to pay for track and autocross time, and will be more forthcoming with both money and the interest to attend. I'm going to allot 15 spots to them for track usage at first, and if the demand increases they will be allowed more. In doing this, the available track spots will be filled faster, so if you're still interested in running your own car you need to prepare to make a payment soon. I'll be introducing the idea to the Z Club at their monthly meeting this Tuesday, July 1.
I'd also like to point out that the cutoff date for the hotel is July 19, and while I'd like to think they'd give us some leeway here, they had put two other parties on hold to accomodate our group, so once the deadline passes the remaining rooms will fill up quickly.

For those who have paid I continue to say thanks, and look forward to seeing you all in August. Again, any questions/concerns/comments can be sent to me directly at [email protected].

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2003, 09:14 AM   #2
Steeles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
Hey Russ will the guy with the Black 300 that was at balanced run? I wanna ride in that thing! hehe do what you gotta man you know I'll be down. I'll get on the rest of the NC crew around here to payup, we'll drag phil down at least to watch.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:13 AM   #3
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally posted by Steeles
Hey Russ will the guy with the Black 300 that was at balanced run? I wanna ride in that thing! hehe do what you gotta man you know I'll be down. I'll get on the rest of the NC crew around here to payup, we'll drag phil down at least to watch.
Jay? He doesn't hang with the regular Z crew, so probably not. Chad will be bringing out his 417rwhp TT though, along with his S13w/SR as long as I get it wired up in time. Several of the Z33 guys will show too.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 07-01-2003, 10:40 AM   #4
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
sweet deal... Im tryingto have the new turbo on in time but REALLY need to do something about the suspension... we'll see. cant wait to get there though. heck I might not get my power brace till I get there at this rate.. we'll see.. but i'll send you that money soon too.

PEOPLE ITS A MONTH AWAY!! PAY NOW OR FOREVER SUCK
Old 07-01-2003, 04:40 PM   #5
Jsquared
Zilvia Junkie

Jsquared is an unknown quantity at this point
someone loan me $250 to sign up, I can pay you back stupid hafta get inspection crap...

www.carolinanissans.com
Jsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 01:35 PM   #6
rufrydrsc2
Leaky Injector

rufrydrsc2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rufrydrsc2 Send a message via Yahoo to rufrydrsc2
So is anyone planning any kind of a convoy down to the convention in Ga? If so I'd love to know when yall will be coming through so I can join up. Alot of people will have to pass by me as I live right off I-85 in SC.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:57 PM   #7
xS1LV1Ax
Zilvia Addict

xS1LV1Ax is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xS1LV1Ax Send a message via MSN to xS1LV1Ax
Quote:
Originally posted by rufrydrsc2
So is anyone planning any kind of a convoy down to the convention in Ga? If so I'd love to know when yall will be coming through so I can join up. Alot of people will have to pass by me as I live right off I-85 in SC.
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...threadid=31062

That is a thread i started to see if anyone wanted to get in on planning a convoy, but it looks like no one was interested. Hopfully i will have my car back by then. If it is, im sure us DC people's won't mind if u hop onto a caravan, which we will most likely have.
Old 07-19-2003, 07:45 AM   #8
rufrydrsc2
Leaky Injector

Sounds great, I'll look forward to hearing from yall about the caravan down. Having other people to ride with makes just driving there half the fun, and the trip seem alot shorter. As great as it would have been to just have a strictly 240sx convention, having Z's there is cool too. They are brothers after all.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:04 AM   #9
Steeles
Post Whore!

I was sleeping I guess and miossed your threads but theres a convo coming from your way.. dunno final plans yet we are trying to get the VA and more northern guys schedules down so we can plan from ther eto Atl. I'm coming from NC (greensboro) and know of a few Raliegh guys coming. we are picking up Sykikchimp in Charlotte and such. find a meeting spot for SC guys and we'll work on times. Check Fresh alloy in the advance section for plan updates. the new scedule thread..
Old 07-21-2003, 04:16 PM   #10
rufrydrsc2
Leaky Injector

I am right around the 85/26 exchange, so I will be first to meet. After I meet up with yall I can get intouch with THX1138 who is the other from this area coming. But he is about an hour further down I-85, so he'll have plenty of time to coordinate. Do yall use talkabouts? Looking forward to meeting up so we can make a grand entrance. It's always great to see alot of the same cars in a caravan riding together. Keep me informed.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:26 AM   #11
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
I am right around the 85/26 exchange, so I will be first to meet. After I meet up with yall I can get intouch with THX1138 who is the other from this area coming. But he is about an hour further down I-85, so he'll have plenty of time to coordinate. Do yall use talkabouts? Looking forward to meeting up so we can make a grand entrance. It's always great to see alot of the same cars in a caravan riding together. Keep me informed.
Yeah I got a talkabout and a cell phone. NC guys are gonna meet up ingibsonville and roll. depending on when the VA guys come through. Im trying to see who wants to do the drag strip Friday night cause we need to be there before 5 if we're trying to go which means leaving NC before noon. passing your way by 2ish. From here its about 4.5 to 5 hours to Atl. then another 30 minutes or so to where the hotel is. then 75 miles to the drag strip. but we'll keep planning
Old 07-22-2003, 10:11 AM   #12
rufrydrsc2
Leaky Injector

I can be ready as early as yall want. I definately am planning on the drag strip as I want to see what my car will do. I be eating at the Waffle House near here that morning so that when yall get close you can give me a call and I can just hop on 85 as yall pass, no need to stop. Since there's only one of us getting on at a time on different sides of the state, no real need to stop. I can e-mail you with the # if that idea sounds good. Or I can see if THX1138 can figure out a good place for us both to meet before and then we both can jump on. Either way is good for me.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:22 PM   #13
rufrydrsc2
Leaky Injector

Ok, Shane (THX1138) and I are planning on meeting at Hooters in Anderson off Exit 19B. When yall are getting close, say Exit 27 you can give us a call and we can get ready to jump on the caravan. We are meeting there around 12:30pm, so we'll have eaten and be ready when yall come through. I'll e-mail you (Steeles) with my cell phone # so you can give me a call when you get close. Just make sure we get there in time to leave for the drag strip, cause I really want to go to that.
Old 07-25-2003, 07:37 AM   #14
Steeles
Post Whore!

Quote:
Ok, Shane (THX1138) and I are planning on meeting at Hooters in Anderson off Exit 19B. When yall are getting close, say Exit 27 you can give us a call and we can get ready to jump on the caravan. We are meeting there around 12:30pm, so we'll have eaten and be ready when yall come through. I'll e-mail you (Steeles) with my cell phone # so you can give me a call when you get close. Just make sure we get there in time to leave for the drag strip, cause I really want to go to that.
cool it looks like we are meeting some of the more northern guys in Charlotte around noon and meeting the chum... I mean chimp there and heading out. we'll be gassed and fed and I guess tryingto leave as close to 1 as possible then its acouple hours too anderson so you guys'll have some extra time to kill. I suggest a photoshoot with your cars and hooters waitresses. they love that ish.
Old 07-25-2003, 09:38 AM   #15
projectRDM
Post Whore!

All you guys bring out your old parts too, in lieu of a raffle we're having a swap meet/garage sale instead.

Old 07-25-2003, 02:26 PM   #16
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
I think the location I posted on FA will be the easiest spot to find.