Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-14-2003, 12:30 AM   #1
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
Nor Cal Dyno Day

We should plan our next meet at a Dyno shop. I dont know of any shops, but i heard that the Z guy's had a dyno meet at a shop in Fremont before. They only paid like $40bux for 3 runs or something like that.

I was thinking we can do the same. $40 for a dyno is cheap.

Just putting out an idea.
autobahNESSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2003, 12:40 AM   #2
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Talking Yes, I concur.

haha! actually me and this fool were talkin' aboutthis earlier. Dyno Day = GOOD IDEA

Plus we've been wanting to dyno our cars anyway to see what the hell we have to do to them next. ;P

So I declare: Stop being cheap and let's put together a dyno day! It'll be cheap, and like we can all hang out and stuff. It's basically like a meet but we actually get something done!

Whirred. And y'all can watch my car blow up once it goes over 6 grand!
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:41 AM   #3
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
NZO is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NZO
Sounds good if its not too expensive. Ill suggest http://www.vishnutuning.com/ cuz theyre good guys and know what theyre doing.
NZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:46 AM   #4
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
i think it's a great idea..i personally at this present time have no need of a Dyno but i would be pumped on going and seeing what other people's cars are putting down to the wheels..
Old 07-14-2003, 12:52 AM   #5
neevosh
Leaky Injector

neevosh is an unknown quantity at this point
ATP in Fremont is a good place to dyno. I've been to a few dyno days there with the RX-7 Club.
neevosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 12:53 AM   #6
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
Im down even thoguh i dont need a dyno. I want to know what numbers some of you guys run for my future installemnt
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:19 AM   #7
kazuo
Post Whore!

kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
The thing is, like...

...people need to *pay* for us to get group rates on the dyno Does us no good if like three of us run and 20 others stand around and watch. :P

But ya, if you cats know anyone who's down, tell 'em to pop in and drop a word... the more the merrier. Let's try and keep it limited to S-chassis but Hachi/FC/FD and such is fine.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:25 AM   #8
Blues13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Blues13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Count me in. I'll be down to go.. I like to see what my SR is putting down before my mods.
Blues13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 01:46 AM   #9
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
count me in...I wanna see what the sr is running. I've been planning to dyno, so it would be fun to do it in a group.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:26 AM   #10
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
for 40 bucks I'll dyno my stock s13 just to see what it does
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 02:38 AM   #11
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
Are we going to have another cruise after it?
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:49 PM   #12
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

heck yeh we are going on another cruise after everything. I didn't get to go after all that waiting around yesterday =(
Old 07-15-2003, 01:51 AM   #13
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by thx247
heck yeh we are going on another cruise after everything. I didn't get to go after all that waiting around yesterday =(
Then you shoulda left! No regrets! hehe. :hammer:

Anywhos, going off what I got from here and from the NorCal list:

People who are definitely going (apparently) (Please alert me if I have you listed twice):
1) Me
2) bayarea240 (Chris B.)
3) Max Misawa (w/AE86)
4) Peter Peterson
5) S13Chica (primer!)
6) Blues13

People who have expressed interest/probably will go/people I can prod into going:
- NZO
- A.J. (a friend of Chris'... w/ a CAMARO )
- BJ Reduta - says he can also probably bring two other people
- Mike Gonzo (a friend of Max Misawa's... w/ M30)
- Glenn (I can probably prod him into doing it )
- thx247 (I dont know that it'll be $40, might be $50, so ya :P)

And there you go. With at least ten people we can probably pull this off. Again, if you know anyone who wants to come along, just post up in the thread! The sooner we find enough people, the sooner we can make arrangements to secure a dyno for the cru!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:34 AM   #14
aeontony
Zilvia Junkie

aeontony is an unknown quantity at this point
I would go if it'll take place in about 3 weeks or so..

Au no wa wakare no hajime...
aeontony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 02:11 PM   #15
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by aeontony
I would go if it'll take place in about 3 weeks or so..
YES!! The Dyno Day will be taking place in the first two weeks of August. Date is TBA, we need to confirm the date with the shop owners and all.

Glenn is definitely game, and if you (aetony) comes along, then that makes a confirmed eight people. All we need is two more and it's on!!!

I already have a shop in mind and arrangements will be made as soon as we get two more people.

Payment can be made via PayPal (plus 3% since they like to take money away from people :P)/Money Order mailed to yours truly.

I am not accepting any payments until we have ten people confirmed. Naturally if it doesnt happen you will all get refunds. The shop will most likely require down payment so in order to obtain a spot you MUST prepay -- we will most likely not accept anyone at the door, although there may be one or two spots avaliable on the day of the event.

Come on people, just TWO MORE!! Make it happen!
Old 07-15-2003, 05:06 PM   #16
LagunaSecaBluePS13
Leaky Injector

LagunaSecaBluePS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to LagunaSecaBluePS13
Hey if my car is all put back together then i would be super down to dyno my car again. I hit 213 before without the boost controller. and 230 with. But i wanna see how my motor does now that its been sittin on the floor of a shop for 6 months. haha. i wanna cry now. me n my baby have been apart for too long. haha. But yeah that sounds dope.

I say do it at ATP though. Vishnu is cool n all but i forgot why but for some reason there dyno doesnt show as much hp as other dynos. Weird huh.

I mean if ur tryin to tune a car i guess choose the best tuner. But if ur just doing a couple runs its not rocket science to run a dyno. N ATP is pretty cool my frens have dynoed their cars there before.

-But yeah ill keep ya posted on whether my car will be back out on the streets in time.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:21 PM   #17
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by LagunaSecaBluePS13

I say do it at ATP though. Vishnu is cool n all but i forgot why but for some reason there dyno doesnt show as much hp as other dynos. Weird huh.
Youre right the Vishnu dynodynamics dyno gives lower (aka more accurate) numbers, which sucks for people who like to brag about their numbers on the internet.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:30 PM   #18
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

I can swing 50 bucks I think...I hope. Mark me down
Old 07-16-2003, 02:22 AM   #19
kazuo
Post Whore!

w00t, looks like its on!

Updated list. We gots the ten people j0.

People who are definitely going (apparently):
1) Me
2) bayarea240 (Chris B.)
3) Max Misawa (w/AE86)
4) Peter Peterson
5) S13Chica (primer!)
6) Blues13
7) Glenn
8) Basil (friend of mine w/ Prelude)
9) aeontony (going off the fact that you said you'd do it if it's in 3 weeks or so, which it will be)
10) thx247

Pricing is TBA. Must talk it over w/ shop.

Where are ATP/Vishnu located? Never heard of 'em. :P I already have a shop in mind (and we will most likely get better pricing since a friend of mine is friends with the owner, and they just got the dynojet so I'm sure they'd be more than willing to accomdate us for a good price), but I guess it wouldn't hurt to shop around!

Anyone else who wants in, now is the time. Some people will be accepted at the door, but don't bet the house on it. Pre-confirm for a guaranteed spot.

w00t

EDIT: We are currently looking at sometime in August, most likely on a weekend, most likely SUNDAY. Please let me know what day works better for you, so we can see what the majority feels like and we'll go from there (I prefer sunday since I have the day off, but saturday is okay).

Last edited by kazuo; 07-16-2003 at 02:27 AM..
Old 07-16-2003, 10:15 AM   #20
TRUENOCOUPE
Nissanaholic!

TRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymoreTRUENOCOUPE is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to TRUENOCOUPE
ATP does Dyno for $80 in an hour. If you can be able to lower the price down more, Im in.

Im going to ATP again to dyno my car so as you know I don't really mind paying $80 bucks an hour but since its overcrowded and people twitchering behind you I would like to get the price a lil bit lowered.

-Al
TRUENOCOUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 01:03 PM   #21
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by TRUENOCOUPE
ATP does Dyno for $80 in an hour. If you can be able to lower the price down more, Im in.
Emm, ya, it's gonn be $60 for us at most. I am trying to negotiate $40 but it will most likely be $50 unless we get some more people. (eg. another ten, I can probably get $40)

That will give you a baseline run of 3 pulls. :P

Old 07-16-2003, 01:18 PM   #22
Halz
BANNED

Halz is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I want to know what this antiquated SOHC can do? ..sure, why not. Maybe I can calibrate this Apexi RSM from the results.. ya can put me down
Halz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 01:38 PM   #23
autobahNESSA
Zilvia FREAK!

autobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfectionautobahNESSA is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to autobahNESSA
Updated List:

Updated list. We gots the ten people j0.

People who are definitely going (apparently):
1) Kazu (art- silvia with exaust leak)
2) bayarea240 (Chris B.)
3) Max Misawa (w/AE86)
4) Peter Peterson
5) S13Chica (primer!)
6) Blues13
7) Glenn
8) Basil (friend of art w/ Prelude)
9) aeontony (going off the fact that you said you'd do it if it's in 3 weeks or so, which it will be)
10) thx247
11) Halz
12) AC (73 camero,friend of mine)
autobahNESSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 04:52 PM   #24
NZO
Zilvia FREAK!

Just FYI guys I contacted vishnu and they will do $50 if we can get 8-10 cars which it looks like we already have. Just need to let them know what day we have in mind so let me know if anyone wants this option. I'd rather have low accurate numbers than high inaccurate numbers, but thats just me

Last edited by NZO; 07-16-2003 at 04:57 PM..
Old 07-16-2003, 06:47 PM   #25
Danio
Zilvia FREAK!

Danio is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone wanna help me swap my 98 KA into my 92 S13? (I dunno how.) If I can get that done before the dyno meet, I'll join in.
Danio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 07:37 PM   #26
neevosh
Leaky Injector

neevosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Will either of these places include the use of their wideband O2 sensor? I'd be interested if they did and the cost was $50.
neevosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2003, 08:53 PM   #27
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally posted by Danio
Anyone wanna help me swap my 98 KA into my 92 S13? (I dunno how.) If I can get that done before the dyno meet, I'll join in.
Do you have the tools and space necessary?
Old 07-16-2003, 10:23 PM   #28
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
count me in on any sunday or a saturday if it's not saturday the 9th.

i have another guy who wants to come but might have to autox, so 50/50 for him. he just did a redtop swap
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 01:41 AM   #29
anthony240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
anthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really niceanthony240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anthony240
Yeah Vishnu, closer to me! But BE AWARE that the reads will not be as high as a Dynojet. If you have a stock KA24DE, don't expect 125-128whp, maybe closer to 115whp. I just recently dynoed at Vishnu:

This is with N1 Dual, Injen Intake, ASP Pulley, and SAFC. Graph is when i got the SAFC tuned, BLUE is before, GREEN after. I've seen a graph of a Sentra SER SpecV pulling 127hp, so crank hp figures, i would have around 170hp. And a Dynojet read should be close to 140whp. This is why I would like to have a Dynojet read, to differentiate the two dyno's. But I would also like to have it at Vishnu to get a read of a stock 240sx to compare to my car. So in any case, count me in! Oh yea, Vishnu is in Pleasanton.

Last edited by anthony240; 07-17-2003 at 01:55 AM..
anthony240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 02:20 AM   #30
kazuo
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by Danio
Dan,

I am down to help out. Must be on a friday/sunday though, those are the only days I am avaliable to help out.

Also, is that legal to do? I thought you can't swap the newer motors into older cars (cus I think the '98 is ODBII or whatever).

In any case if you dont really give a flyin fookla about that then lets do it.

NZO: $50 sounds good but as a lot of people have pointed out Vishnu apparently gives "inaccurate" numbers. The shop I had in mind uses a DynoJet. What does Vishnu use? Do they not use a DynoJet or something? The shop I was looking at is going to be either $60 or $50, but since it's looking like we'll have 15 people sooner than later, we will probably end up with $50.

Keep it comin guys!

EDIT: The shop is in San Ramon, just so you guys know.