Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-17-2003, 03:26 AM   #1
Grant
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Grant Send a message via MSN to Grant
Lunch with Socal 240sx owners(meet).

I had this idea and thinking about it for a while. After talking it over with my uncles, I would like to plan a meet to help promote my uncles' new restaurant, Mandarin City. It is a Chinese restaurant in Cardiff, CA. which is about 30 min north of San Diego (10-15 min south of oceanside). So a tad bit closer to the LA guys.
Would anyone want to go to a meet and have lunch there? food is good, but not cheap (unfortunately most Dine in restaurants aren't). I will try to work something out with them. I am sorry I do not have deep pockets so I cannot pay for lunch.

I would like to help my uncle out in building a reputation for the restaurant. if i can get enough people, and work out the timing with my uncle we can
setup a meet there. the parking lot holds about 15-20 cars at least, so we should have no problem....

Not to be rude, but please dont come and park your car and stick around and just take off, kind of an insult to the chefs (my uncle and his brothers).Be kind and order some food!! hehe after all the spot is provided for FREE!

I am shooting for August 2nd 2003 (saturday), a week after Drift Day 7. please email me if you are able to make it, please email me or pm me so i can make a guest list and make the proper preperations for them to hold the event.
The event will start at noon til 2 -3pm at the latest (there will be regular customers too, so we can stick around for TOO long, plus I got all your dishes to wash afterwards )

Here is the location of the restaurant:
Mandarin City
815 Birmingham Drive
Cardiff, CA 92007
(760) 436-6027

Directions?
Southbound
5 south, exit Birmingham Dr. Left at exit, right at the chevron gas station (it's behind there)

Northbound
5 North, exit Birmingham Dr. Right at exit, right at the chevron gas station (it's behind there)

-Grant Hsiao
[email protected]

Last edited by Grant; 07-17-2003 at 03:29 AM..
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2003, 03:37 AM   #2
Grant
Premium Member

Grant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura aboutGrant has a spectacular aura about
PS: I do understand that it will be during the national 240sx convention. I am sure not every member in socal can make it there. worst comes to worst, we move the date back. so let me know guyes.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
id be down.mmm chinese food my favorite
but maybe at a later date? got buttonwillow that weeekend iirc.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:02 PM   #4
itsybitsy240sxEy
Leaky Injector

itsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to itsybitsy240sxEy
the lunch sounds good grant!

aaron, i think the buttonwillow event is on August 9th.

www.PinkGodziRa.com
itsybitsy240sxEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2003, 03:04 PM   #5
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
for real? then im dow..wait. i think im up in santa cruz w/ RBs14 and all...drifting
Old 07-18-2003, 01:10 AM   #6
pruto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i'm down if you remind me the day before, and i have to be back by 5 for my RPG group
Old 07-18-2003, 02:05 AM   #7
cali240sxdrifter
Zilvia FREAK!

cali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond reputecali240sxdrifter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cali240sxdrifter
for certain am down. yay moving back to LA and I want to meet up with some SoCal 240 people.
cali240sxdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 05:52 AM   #8
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
You already now i'm in. I'm always down for a meet....and a good meal!
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 12:56 PM   #9
Anubis
BANNED

Anubis is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Anubis
Sounds like fun. I'm always up for a little road trip.
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2003, 03:16 PM   #10
JasonNagra
Zilvia FREAK!

JasonNagra is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to JasonNagra
Chinese food = good. 240 = good. I'll be there if it goes down.

Edit: check your link.
JasonNagra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 09:59 PM   #11
seiyess
Zilvia Junkie

seiyess will become famous soon enoughseiyess will become famous soon enoughseiyess will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to seiyess
i would love to go but already have plans...
all the good things just happens at one time so i have to take only one... always.... that sucks...
and other days... like usual.. nothin...
seiyess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 10:40 PM   #12
zero.counter
Nissanaholic!

zero.counter is making a name for him/her selfzero.counter is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to zero.counter
Wish I could, but far, far, away is in fact farther than you think
zero.counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:10 PM   #13
chirpnslide

chirpnslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to chirpnslide
more than happy to go!

[email protected]

----------------------
chirpnslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 12:10 PM   #14
chirpnslide

chirpnslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to chirpnslide
more than happy to go!

[email protected]

----------------------
chirpnslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:11 PM   #15
ISTOTOSAO
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
ISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enoughISTOTOSAO will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
that is just down the street from my family's house. sounds good to me if all goes well with my finances.
ISTOTOSAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 03:32 AM   #16
revat619
Retired General

revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Hey, everybody. There's been a change of plans...well sort of.

Grant just called me and unfortunately, he wont be their for the meet; he has to leave for Taiwan. However, he still wants us to have the meet/lunch so he has put his cousin and me in charge of organizing the meet and what not.

Date, time, and location are all still the same though. Hope to see you guys there.

Last edited by revat619; 07-28-2003 at 03:39 AM..
Old 07-29-2003, 01:55 AM   #17
revat619
Retired General

Ok, so based on this thread, it looks like the following people will be going:

itsybitsy240sxEy
pruto (maybe)
cali240sxdrifter
anubis9228
JasonNagra
chirpnslide
2NRS130
me (revat619)

Anybody else?
Old 07-29-2003, 05:33 PM   #18
crypticfury85
Zilvia Member

crypticfury85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to crypticfury85
When is this? I might be interested

[img][/img]
crypticfury85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #19
addicted2sp33d
Leaky Injector

addicted2sp33d is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to addicted2sp33d
I might be interested... I don't know any of you guys. I think it would be a good opportunity to meet some of you.

Here's an idea... how about we bump it up one weekend (Saturday, August 2), would Grant be able to make that?

Last edited by addicted2sp33d; 07-29-2003 at 06:59 PM..
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 09:27 PM   #20
240Degrees
Zilvia Junkie

240Degrees is making a name for him/her self240Degrees is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 240Degrees
ill try to make it. add me to the list. can i drive up with somebody?
240Degrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 03:35 AM   #21
revat619
Retired General

Actually, Grant originally scheduled the meet/lunch for this Saturday, August 2nd. And he said not to reschedule so i'm just doing what he said. I know what you mean though. I told him why dont we just reschedule it so you can make it, but he said no.

Anyway, here's the new list:

itsybitsy240sxEy
cali240sxdrifter
anubis9228
JasonNagra
chirpnslide
2NRS130
240Degrees
pruto (maybe)
crypticfury85(maybe)
addicted2sp33d(maybe)

and me of course.

hmm, do you think we need those little stickie name tag things? If you guys think we need them, i'll pick some up, but its up to you.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:13 AM   #22
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

MAYBE me too...not sure.
might do 5 lug swap or not...depends how lazy and how i feel..probably...not hahahaha...anyways, i might be down for it.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:58 AM   #23
pruto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i don't think i can make it, i'm really low on cash right now =/
Old 08-01-2003, 03:01 PM   #24
itsybitsy240sxEy
Leaky Injector

itsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the roughitsybitsy240sxEy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to itsybitsy240sxEy
there's a chance i might not be able to make it as well.. but if i do go, i'll make driftingpanda (danny), dousan, and maybe dorifto180sx come down there with me. if i don't make it, i hope everybody has fun!

www.PinkGodziRa.com
itsybitsy240sxEy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 03:06 PM   #25
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally posted by itsybitsy240sxEy
there's a chance i might not be able to make it as well.. but if i do go, i'll make driftingpanda (danny), dousan, and maybe dorifto180sx come down there with me. if i don't make it, i hope everybody has fun!

no i definately WONT be going
meeting my friend up in monterey park for dimsum. mmmmm free food.
itsy: see u guys on sunday maybe? i can get some new vids or something like dat...kaido battle! WOOT!
Old 08-05-2003, 12:47 AM   #26
Grant
Premium Member

well, guys, I found an internet connection to get online with here in taiwan. after numerous phone calls and setting up, nobody showed up except jay.. ... I guess I wont be putting anymore effort towards these events anymore... Thanks to Jay for helping me out..
Old 08-05-2003, 01:10 AM   #27
revat619
Retired General

Yeah, no problem Grant. I'm always willing to help you out.

As for the "rest of you" (not everybody, but you know who you are)......that's just wrong and you know it.

Ah, whatever, you're adults, do what you want, i dont care...
Old 08-05-2003, 09:51 PM   #28
addicted2sp33d
Leaky Injector

addicted2sp33d is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to addicted2sp33d
Here's my reason for not being there. My Apologies... but I hope you'll understand after you guys see these pics.

Enjoy!

http://ryfiles.com/imagehosting/2003...SportsCarMeet/
addicted2sp33d is offline   Reply With Quote