Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA

USA Talk to others in your region.

Old 07-31-2003, 04:03 PM   #1
nokeone
on strike three.

Trader Rating: (0)
nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Santa Cruz (Nor Cal) AutoCross (NASA) August 3, 2003

well it's not technically in Santa Cruz..it's actually at Marina Airfield which is approx 20 minutes south of Santa Cruz..

it's a typical AutoX..so yeah..

but we will be meeting at Full Speed Performance in the parking lot at 10:30-10:45am on Sunday to caravan to the track...

1224 Mission Street, Santa Cruz, Ca 95060

the cost is only $25 per driver, yes you may share a car with a friend and both pay to drive...

you can run in anything...mods, no mods..it doesn't matter...as long as your car passes a basic tech inspection..it consists primarily of looking for an leaks and checking your wheel bearings and suspension for bad parts..they are quite lax..so don't stress this...

they even have helmets you can borrow if you lack your own...

it's a really fun time and a good way to get a feel for your car and to test it's limits in a very safe environment..the only thing you could possibly hit is a cone...and that wont hurt your car..

any questions just ask..

hope to see some of you..

and yes..you can drift the course (assuming you are not out of control) as a couple of my friends and i do...but shhhhh don't tell anyone..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2003, 11:29 PM   #2
thx247
Zilvia FREAK!

thx247 is an unknown quantity at this point
will people have to work 3 hour shifts like last time?
thx247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 01:24 AM   #3
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
LOL,

I LIVE RIGHT NEXT TO THE MARINA AIR PORT. LOOK OUT FOR MY RED 90 FASTBACK W/ THE MADD RUST HOLE ON THE SIDE SKIRT.! BY THE WAY I DONT THINK IM GOING TO ENTER, IM HAVING SUB-FRAME ISSUES + PLUS THAT ANNOYING TENSION ROD SQUEEK. CAN SOME ONE HOOK ME UP WIT SOME TEIN TENSION RODS AND TIE RODS.!!???? PLEEAASSSEEE J/P
Old 08-01-2003, 01:35 AM   #4
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

hondaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hondaguy
yea ill b there

yep ill b there with my 240sx fastback (black) or my rusty *** 280zx but ill be there
hondaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 03:21 AM   #5
nokeone
on strike three.

nokeone is making a name for him/her selfnokeone is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to nokeone Send a message via MSN to nokeone Send a message via Yahoo to nokeone
Quote:
Originally posted by thx247
will people have to work 3 hour shifts like last time?
hahaha..no, no 3 hours shifts...at max you have to work a 45 min session.....but is it really work to watch a bunch of cars rip up an autocross course??
Old 08-01-2003, 03:23 AM   #6
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by sLiDewAys
LOL,

I LIVE RIGHT NEXT TO THE MARINA AIR PORT. LOOK OUT FOR MY RED 90 FASTBACK W/ THE MADD RUST HOLE ON THE SIDE SKIRT.! BY THE WAY I DONT THINK IM GOING TO ENTER, IM HAVING SUB-FRAME ISSUES + PLUS THAT ANNOYING TENSION ROD SQUEEK. CAN SOME ONE HOOK ME UP WIT SOME TEIN TENSION RODS AND TIE RODS.!!???? PLEEAASSSEEE J/P
well even if you just come to watch it'd be great to see you there.....i'm in the silver blue S13..come say hi for sure..
Old 08-01-2003, 03:24 AM   #7
nokeone
on strike three.

Re: yea ill b there

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaguy
yep ill b there with my 240sx fastback (black) or my rusty *** 280zx but ill be there
sweet, look forward to seeing you..be sure to say hi!!..
Old 08-01-2003, 03:25 AM   #8
nokeone
on strike three.

oh, by the way..just in case you need clarification..this is the car i'll be in:

but with black wheels now..
Old 08-01-2003, 11:22 AM   #9
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
Nokeone...you are such a post whore...by the way...doesn't look like I'll be able to drive my car. The people at nissan ****ed me over and didn't get my new studs in time, which means that I can't switch up my wheels by sunday. I'll come hang out...show off the car...but I guess I won;t be able to take her out on the track. I'm SOOOOOOOO bummed!
Old 08-01-2003, 11:52 AM   #10
sLiDewAys
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
sLiDewAys is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
OK: SHURE THANG NOKEONE, I'LL STOP BY, WATCH, AND SAY HELLO. OHH ALSO

S13CHICA: GEORGIA: WHAT HAPPENED WITH THE NISSAN DEALER SHIP, I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THIS INCIDENT, SEEEMS TO ME THAT YOURE NOT THE ONLY ONE...
Old 08-01-2003, 01:16 PM   #11
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by s13chica
Nokeone...you are such a post whore...by the way...doesn't look like I'll be able to drive my car. The people at nissan ****ed me over and didn't get my new studs in time, which means that I can't switch up my wheels by sunday. I'll come hang out...show off the car...but I guess I won;t be able to take her out on the track. I'm SOOOOOOOO bummed!
i am not a post whore..i just happen to believe that each individual deserves their own response..i mean i wouldn't want anyone thinking that they are less then another member of this board..i'm an equal opportunity poster..thank you very much..

so wait..why do you have to switch your wheels?..and why do you need new studs to do it?..you can't just take your wheels off the studs they are on now?..please clarify for the slow ones like me..
Old 08-01-2003, 01:19 PM   #12
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Mr. Noah: Maybe you should tell people they'll need to "work" at this event

Ms. Georgia: Why not call a different Nissan dealership? The parts warehouse is in Sacramento, you could have easily had those parts by today/tomorrow if you had tried calling another dealership... I think Serramonte Nissan in DC might even have the NiSMO studs in stock :P

Dunno how many though.

*Debating whether he wants to take his car out on sunday*
kazuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 01:52 PM   #13
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by kazuo
Mr. Noah: Maybe you should tell people they'll need to "work" at this event
true that..but i mean you are standing around at race events watching the other cars anyway..guess i just don't consider it "work" per say..but you are correct..so for everyone interested in driving, as this does not apply to spectators..

you will have to work one of the other run sessions..this means you will stand out on the track at one of the corners and watch to see if any cones are hit..if they are..you report that to the head times keeper via a walkee talkee and you might also have to raise a flag ifs someone spins out to alert other drivers..but there are usually 3 people at each corner and you don't even have to do anything if you say you've never done it before..as my last time was the first AutoX i had been to this was the case for me..so i basically just got a very up-close view of the racing..

Quote:
Ms. Georgia: Why not call a different Nissan dealership? The parts warehouse is in Sacramento, you could have easily had those parts by today/tomorrow if you had tried calling another dealership... I think Serramonte Nissan in DC might even have the NiSMO studs in stock :P

Dunno how many though.
good call..you should see if their parts department is open on saturday..make a big enough fuss with the manager and have it couriered over..

Quote:
*Debating whether he wants to take his car out on sunday*
bah..come on out..
Old 08-01-2003, 02:06 PM   #14
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
doesn't look like I'll be able to drive my car. The people at nissan ****ed me over and didn't get my new studs in time, which means that I can't switch up my wheels by sunday.
If you installed the studs the way i told u... the right way...and didn't have the ever retarded Don Garamonde install them, you wouldn't need new studs. I checked, he told me they were the wrong ones, he was wrong.

*i'm in on this little shindig like a Panda eats bamboo!
Old 08-01-2003, 02:38 PM   #15
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by RBS14
*i'm in on this little shindig like a Panda eats bamboo!
uhhh..slow and messy..

well i guess that is how you drift..

BOiInNG!!
Old 08-01-2003, 05:37 PM   #16
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

RBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura aboutRBS14 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
uhhh..slow and messy..
No no no... u've got it all wrong. Slow and messy is how ur mom was last night!

How was that? any better than the last one? Its gotta be at least a C.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:15 PM   #17
D-STYLE180SX
Leaky Injector

D-STYLE180SX is an unknown quantity at this point
Ill be there (watching)

What time does it start?

Im in Salinas .

91' fastback red w/blk top.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:54 PM   #18
s13chica
Zilvia Junkie

s13chica is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13chica
Quote:
If you installed the studs the way i told u... the right way...and didn't have the ever retarded Don Garamonde install them, you wouldn't need new studs. I checked, he told me they were the wrong ones, he was wrong.
I know I know....I'm going to call a few places tomorrow and hope that all can get figured out. The reason I need to change the rear studs is because Don stripped the studs that are currently on my car. I can't take the lugnuts off to change the tires for fear that they might not go back on safely. I don't want my wheel coming off like what happened to the spoon honda at streets of willow springs!
Old 08-01-2003, 09:14 PM   #19
Halz
BANNED

Halz is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll only be able to show up later in the day.. around 12:30-1pm, or so. Would that be too late to get some runs in..?
Halz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #20
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by Halz
I'll only be able to show up later in the day.. around 12:30-1pm, or so. Would that be too late to get some runs in..?
That's bout' when we (the pandas) are gonna be showing up. If you want to get 4 runs in, you show up at about 12am if you want 8 runs you show up at like 8am.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:41 AM   #21
Halz
BANNED

Halz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
That's bout' when we (the pandas) are gonna be showing up. If you want to get 4 runs in, you show up at about 12am if you want 8 runs you show up at like 8am.
Mmmm.. 8 runs you say? ..for $25? I might not only be able to show up later, after all!
Halz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:47 AM   #22
hondaguy
Zilvia Junkie

hondaguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to hondaguy
so whos in

so how many people are going?if you see a jacked up gold 280zx thats me,cant drive my 240 no insurance/and its not regestered aint that a B**** well hope to see every1 there.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:40 AM   #23
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
No no no... u've got it all wrong. Slow and messy is how ur mom was last night!

How was that? any better than the last one? Its gotta be at least a C.
not any better...mom jokes were ummmm..circa 1986...oh wait..you weren't alive yet..my bad..
Old 08-02-2003, 05:41 AM   #24
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
12am huh?..

we'll meet ya there buddy..
Old 08-02-2003, 05:43 AM   #25
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
Originally posted by D-STYLE180SX
Ill be there (watching)

What time does it start?

Im in Salinas .

91' fastback red w/blk top.
8am..but if you get there anytime between 12-4 you will get to see plenty..we should be running in our group sometime around 2-2:30
Old 08-02-2003, 05:45 AM   #26
nokeone
on strike three.

Re: so whos in

Quote:
Originally posted by hondaguy
so how many people are going?if you see a jacked up gold 280zx thats me,cant drive my 240 no insurance/and its not regestered aint that a B**** well hope to see every1 there.
so far at least...umm...8 cars that i know of are meeting at the shop at 10:45-11am and rolling out there together..we'll look for you..
Old 08-02-2003, 05:47 AM   #27
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
I know I know....I'm going to call a few places tomorrow and hope that all can get figured out. The reason I need to change the rear studs is because Don stripped the studs that are currently on my car. I can't take the lugnuts off to change the tires for fear that they might not go back on safely. I don't want my wheel coming off like what happened to the spoon honda at streets of willow springs!
damn that sucks..well then looks like you are running on whatcha got..
Old 08-02-2003, 01:08 PM   #28
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by nokeone
circa 1986...oh wait..you weren't alive yet..my bad..
if i wasn't alive in 86' then u like chicks and we all know that's not true.

Lets see... if we are leaving the shop around eleven or a little later, that would put us there around 12 genius! haha
Old 08-02-2003, 03:36 PM   #29
nokeone
on strike three.

Quote:
if i wasn't alive in 86' then u like chicks and we all know that's not true.
Lets see... if we are leaving the shop around eleven or a little later, that would put us there around 12 genius! haha
you still don't get it..lol..12AM

you just yourself..."genius"..
Old 08-02-2003, 10:12 PM   #30
RBS14
Nissanaholic!

I've come to a 2-part realization. Here it is.

1)i'm a retard
2)i'm still a retard!