Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 PM   #2101
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I cleared stock metal, brakes, and coils on my front with 18x10 +7 265/40/18, decent camber, no tubs. Stock angle.

Still working!
[IM]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3158/dscn0046c.jpg[/IMG]

[IM]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7853/dscn0045q.jpg[/IMG]
Sure you're running 40 series side walls? That should be MASSIVE, those look like 265/35/18s. Which is why I wish they made more wide 35 series 17" tires.

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #2102
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MavericStephenc
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEvilRPS13 View Post
lol wait you're actually working on that thing again?
well by working on it I mean a new fpr, and injector seals.
I've been driving it for a little while too. within the next few weeks the jetta is going into the garage and the s14 will be out for the summer.

from like 3 weeks ago:

K, I've whored out enough

Boycott Berkeley and code pink
MavericStephenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:09 PM   #2103
cxlo8331
Nissanaholic!

Location: Feasting on the flesh of the guilty, and drinking the blood of the innocent (714)
Trader Rating: (17)
cxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfectioncxlo8331 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
So things have changed...

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/312348...ml#post3356146

Tell your friends...

cxlo8331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #2104
Homer_Simpson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Homer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruinHomer_Simpson is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Russ was the one that went from kouki to zenki with his red S14.
Homer_Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #2105
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I just got some new stuff for my car but waiting on a few things before I post more pics. I will need to go lower once my wheels get put on. Btw, Everyone who has a cracked radio trim bezel, just buy the new one for like 50 bucks, its so much better than buying a used old dried out plastic one that has not broke yet, and having it break once you have it in your car for a week. New shit is worth it in my opinion. One of my new items is the exhaust I got for my birthday, Reinhard ftmfw, titanium, dual tip, like my old trust dd but better, no resonater just baffles.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #2106
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
Sure you're running 40 series side walls? That should be MASSIVE, those look like 265/35/18s. Which is why I wish they made more wide 35 series 17" tires.
Quote:
Im not exactly sure. To be honest I was surprised it worked. I just remembered that it was a 265/35 though, so it had a little bit of a stretch. Also K-Sports aren't that beefy? Fenders were rolled, pulled a tad bit.
^^^^^...............
Old 03-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #2107
Antihero983
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Antihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfectionAntihero983 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Antihero983 Send a message via MSN to Antihero983
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavericStephenc View Post
I've been driving it for a little while too. within the next few weeks the jetta is going into the garage and the s14 will be out for the summer.

from like 3 weeks ago:

well holy shit!

good to see her back in action, at least one of us will have a running car this year!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #2108
TougeLabs
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
TougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to beholdTougeLabs is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TougeLabs
Just got back my rhd from paint.

TougeLabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:27 PM   #2109
S14_Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_Kouki can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^^^ This green looks almost exact to my green.
S14_Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #2110
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to FusionR240sx
Quote:

from like 3 weeks ago:

is that a NRG slim hub, and slim quick release?
if so did you trim the stud that the hub mounts on with the screw?
my screw seems to sick out so far, i ordered a wheel/hub spacer and now the quick release barely moves..
WUT?
FusionR240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #2111
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

FusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond reputeFusionR240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomadrifter View Post
Here's a 17 X10 +7, just a paper gap between my tien HE's.

235/40, rots of cambers.

NEED REARS I know.
yea i ran 9.5-4 up front and that sticks out 5mm farther then yours.
and i coulda tucked them too.
but of course that 9.5 game me a bit more clearance from the coil.
and i was running stance GR's.

prolly gona run the same wheel/setup again except a no 235 rear. gona step down to 225/40 all around.
WUT?
Old 03-24-2010, 07:35 PM   #2112
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

MavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfectionMavericStephenc is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
is that a NRG slim hub, and slim quick release?
if so did you trim the stud that the hub mounts on with the screw?
my screw seems to sick out so far, i ordered a wheel/hub spacer and now the quick release barely moves..

I do have the slim release. I didn't grind anything down actually. you know that little plastic piece with the two little metal conductors that is a part of the horn? I removed the two screws and took it out now it fits fine.

I'm considering going with works bell, a spacer and a personal wheel this summer if I can and put the horn back where it should be, but as for now the horn will either be placed on the center console, below the hvac panel, or I'll drill a tiny hole in the spoke on the nrg wheel i have now and put a little button there. I'll take a picture of the wheel tomorrow so show how I frankensteined it.
EDIT: I did also note some difficulty turning the quick release, thats part of the realon I want to go with a rapfix with a flipper.

Joe, you should come by sometime soon. I'm living in East Boston now

Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #2113
MavericStephenc
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeLabs View Post
Just got back my rhd from paint.

are those 17x10+12 all around with overs? if so can you post some better pictures? I wanna do that wheel size all around

Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #2114
upsdude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
upsdude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
just got the tails and fog lights installed...yeah i know i "need moar low" lol :P

upsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #2115
illvialuver
Post Whore!

illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
I have the whole works bell setup now, but used to have the nrg stuff, and I swear that the worksbell stuff, is the better of the two.
Not because it cost twice as much, but because you can feel the difference. Everything is amazingly firm and smooth. I would not get rid of it for anything.
NRG is definatly goood enough, but works bell really , really is better.

I know its expensive, but I got a great deal from logan back when he worked at aspec, I hit them up at a d1 event, and they hooked it up. trying to buy it all at once does help. Anyway, the lock is a nice thing to have as well.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #2116
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
<---works bell hub + nrg full size QR v2

hurray!
Old 03-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #2117
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
I do have the slim release. I didn't grind anything down actually. you know that little plastic piece with the two little metal conductors that is a part of the horn? I removed the two screws and took it out now it fits fine.
basically there's no choice of having a horn then if you have the slim hub/slim QR from NRG.
i even have the wheel spacer. no i feel like ditiching the spacer and taking out the peice you just told me.

trying to decide if i should run these wheels again or get those SSR Vienna Kries that are for sale right now..

just kinda didn't wana run spacers with overs.

1800 for ssr's with tires vs 600 + 400 tires + 150ish in spacers
WUT?
Old 03-25-2010, 11:44 AM   #2118
silviaguy240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
silviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfectionsilviaguy240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
are those 17x10+12 all around with overs? if so can you post some better pictures? I wanna do that wheel size all around
i dont have any good whole car pics after the alignment but this is 10 +12 all around with 20 mm fronts and stock rear just a roll. -2.2 upfront i think and -3 rear. should be back from paint soon and my car should hopefully ready so we'll be adding two more zenkis

Old 03-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #2119
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
hey guy's i don't know if it's just my car or what.. but my driver side front wheel site more flush to the fender than my passenger side. it's really bothering me. like the gap between the wheel and the fender is more than the driver's side almost like i need an extra spacer for it. Is this something that's common or is it maybe my alignment is wack?
99maxgtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #2120
illvialuver
Post Whore!

could be your actual steering rack is off.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:41 AM   #2121
JDMSTYLE
Zilvia Member

JDMSTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanong87 View Post
<---works bell hub + nrg full size QR v2

hurray!
same here
JDMSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:04 AM   #2122
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99maxgtr View Post
hey guy's i don't know if it's just my car or what.. but my driver side front wheel site more flush to the fender than my passenger side. it's really bothering me. like the gap between the wheel and the fender is more than the driver's side almost like i need an extra spacer for it. Is this something that's common or is it maybe my alignment is wack?
I have the same issue. I chalked it up to my fenders being not identical. Have you dont a fender roll or a pull up front?
Old 03-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #2123
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionR240sx View Post
trying to decide if i should run these wheels again or get those SSR Vienna Kries that are for sale right now..

those wheels are awesome and i think they already look better than viennas could look on your car. that's just my opinion, but personally i'm not too keen on viennas on s14s / s15s. what color are u painting your car? and is your trunk simply a clear coat or is it vinyl wrapped?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #2124
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices99maxgtr has made poor choices
Quote:
I have the same issue. I chalked it up to my fenders being not identical. Have you dont a fender roll or a pull up front?
That's what I thought at first but I just installed a new pair of fenders and the samething! Little imperfections like that really drive me nuts....should I just push another spacer on that side?
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #2125
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Quote:
That's what I thought at first but I just installed a new pair of fenders and the samething! Little imperfections like that really drive me nuts....should I just push another spacer on that side?
just live with it.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #2126
venom_5
Zilvia Member

venom_5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
if the car's been in a front end collision, that could be why ... if its an optical illusion from alignment, remember the wheels arent parallel due to camber and toe so if one wheel has a lot more of either than the other it could seem off
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #2127
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:

I have the same thing. Simetrical ADD. Steve was running a 5mm on one rear because of the same issue. Not sure if he still is.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #2128
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

Quote:
those wheels are awesome and i think they already look better than viennas could look on your car. that's just my opinion, but personally i'm not too keen on viennas on s14s / s15s. what color are u painting your car? and is your trunk simply a clear coat or is it vinyl wrapped?

that's my old car.
my new s14 is white.
don't have any pics of it right now.
as everything is on order.
rear overs, stock metal fronts, vertex aero,

i just didn't want to run 9.5" wheels in the back with rear overs.
but i guess it doesn't matter when i'm running a stock KA still for now =[
WUT?
Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #2129
FusionR240sx
Post Whore!

and the trunk/roofspoiler on my old car were this clear effex spray that i sprayed on.
the trunk had a spoiler and looked disgusting from the spoiler so i decided to mess around with the spray paint on it.
looked cool.
wouldn't have kept it if i kept the car.
WUT?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #2130
99maxgtr
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
just live with it.

going to rt tuning next week hopefully it's just an alignment issue.