Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #91
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
If zilvia mgmt. is afraid to take a stand for fear of loosing an advertisers income because of something I said, I will man up and pay double for my advertisers status to bolster the quality of this forum.

There will always be cheapskates. Just for you guys I will build a line of parts so effing cheap that your minds will blow and godspeed will shit themselves simultaneously.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #92
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post
A BUNCH OF AWESOME
You sir are amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
If zilvia mgmt. is afraid to take a stand for fear of loosing an advertisers income because of something I said, I will man up and pay double for my advertisers status to bolster the quality of this forum.

There will always be cheapskates. Just for you guys I will build a line of parts so effing cheap that your minds will blow and godspeed will shit themselves simultaneously.
I'd gladly pitch in, I specifically remember THATGUY used to have a no knockoffs banner as his sig at one point. I just can't stand what the 240sx scene has become filled with, either junked up shit piles or the few guys that actually know how to build a car right. It's like nobody is willing to save up for nice shit, these new guys have this "I gotta have it now to look cool and fit in" mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:19 PM   #93
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
funny how the parts get cheaper and more abundant and the prices of the car sky rockets...but yes copying must lead you to design something mindblowing good and hard to replicate
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:41 PM   #94
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post
The other side I feel are the kids that copied off of the smart kid in high school. You are saying "it's a business" and that if one company can make a knockoff for super cheap then the original company should have been able to make it just as cheap so it's their fault for charging too much. So in reality you are saying that you would like all these aftermarket companies to use the cheapest metals/bearing/hardware they can find and not test any of their products before selling them. I can't wait for the day I can buy a set of FLCA's for $30 and when I try to bolt them up they aren't long enough, don't have the right shank and when I eventually do get them to work shatter into pieces when I drive two feet down the road. That will be awesome
No one ever said that...
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #95
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Steinkrunk knows nothing about R&D.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #96
RichieSR20
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
RichieSR20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is a weird thread... Just buy PBM. Quality proven parts at affordable prices.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:57 PM   #97
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
No one ever said that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
as a business your always going to have competition selling the same shit as you. make your shit better and priced better or fail as a business.
its not like only one company can sell the same thing.
sue them and win or stfu
This thought process looks pretty close too me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #98
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
This thought process looks pretty close too me
Better products don't necessarily go hand in hand with cheaper prices obviously...
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 09:42 PM   #99
keytops
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
keytops is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
Just for you guys I will build a line of parts so effing cheap that your minds will blow and godspeed will shit themselves simultaneously.
Tension arms and roll cages made out of gold plated pipe fittings, downpipes from tig welded tin cans, an L braket I can fasten to my E-brake so I can be like Ken Block?!?!?! lol

Dan I seriouisly dont know why your worried, I know people that work at fat boy garage that use PBM parts on their personal cars lol. I'm sure most people on here know this but for the few that dont; PBM sells their super angle steering kit INSTALLED for $400. You want to talk about shitting pants, I had to take a shower after I first read that.

God Speed isn't going to hurt your buisness, merely offer parts to people who cant afford the more expensive options. I would like to run all SPL but I'm too poor so I run PBM and GodSpeed, Kei office coils are nice but the PBM pros is all I can really afford. Everytime I try to order stuff your out of stock anyway, thats hurting your buisness. Plate those Z32 forks gold too, no one wants to buy black

For these knuckles I think most people will pay the $400 rather than risk a bad weld. But for a swaybar I'd go godspeed; theirs is thick, cheap and cant kill me.

Also not to knock PBM, I love PBM, but the locks on the heim joints for PBMs new prototype arms first appeared on SPLs arms and PBM is copying them.
keytops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 PM   #100
P-Funk alot
Zilvia Addict

P-Funk alot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to P-Funk alot
its a revolving door. some where every present day company has copied someone in one way shape or form. the big companies seen a rise in demand for parts and jack there prices as high as possible and still comment about how they are here for the sport. you are here for your pocket book. i owned a shop it is what i loved to do but when i or one of my close affiliates is a distributor for a company and we get hit with a 20% hike on our prices, how are you there for the community. the big 3 companies drowned local shops out like katrina, no one wanted to buy parts due to price hikes and god speed is being criticized. develop and build your product in the states then tell me your hiking up my price or the retail price. it is incredibly disappointing that this thread turned the way it did and for max to be a reputable business and acting like a fucking child is really heart breaking. if they are copies of your product then you know what you have to do, and there is no need for bashing in public and having consumers take sides over the internet. if you feel your product is better then there is no need to worry. srry for blabbing on and no offense but the mods should have locked this up along time ago paid advertiser or not,
P-Funk alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:50 PM   #101
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
SPL has slits cut 4 ways around threaded tubular adjuster with an aluminum hose clamp over it holding down an off the shelf rod end so my parts are clearly not even close, let alone a copy of spl!

P-funk That was a heap of mysterious references that did not further this conversation, they could have made changes but instead dropped that carbon copy toe rod on the market back in December and I did not say a damn thing about it, gave the benefit of the doubt that its an isolated incident but I have had enough, rightfully so and so sorry that breaks your heart man

Close it down for being in the wrong place or move the conversation to chat. But at this point we are commenting on comments & not enough on the subject matter so threads lost it's use

GS, please learn about the cars you make parts for and muster the decency to contribute something new and useful for your market other than low prices.

Zilvia management, please don't let zilvia become a collection of useless threads dedicated to knockoffs only worthy of eBay.

And now I will get back to work, and try to behave like an adult in my own designated threads.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 07-15-2011 at 02:11 AM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #102
keytops
Zilvia Member

Lol You seem awfully familiar with the design, you cant tell me yours wasn't based off of these. I'm aware they are not identical designs but if SPL hadn't come up with theirs you would not have come up with yours.

Although I would like to add that PBM is changing their design due to the godspeed knockoffs which really sucks for them but I know alot of us are looking forward to the new design. I'm not saying its right that your parts were copied I think its unfair too but its a part of life. But I dont believe that people who wanted to buy your knuckles will all of a sudden buy godspeeds stuff instead. Let this thread die, godspeed makes knuckles big whoop. I'm still going to buy PBM knuckles after I get a motor in my track car, so will most other people. Worry not Dan it's bad for PR
Old 07-15-2011, 07:25 AM   #103
Bry

Bry is an unknown quantity at this point
It's not exactly copying when design changes have been made.

Besides, there's no such thing as innovation, only inspiration .. It's a fine line between a carbon copy though.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #104
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Steinkrunk knows nothing about R&D.
Neither does Godspeed, your point?
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #105
GripTerror
Zilvia Addict

GripTerror is an unknown quantity at this point
honestly godspeed stuff is garbage, their swaybrs? Crush bent. Their LCAs, so inconsistent, rubbish welding, rubbish heim joints (that can pop out and fall out SERIOUSLY terrible it's happened) aaaanddddddd, they were supposedly 'yashio factory' copies but NOT EVEN CLOSE...

So not much to be worried about in the sense that their garbage is garbage.

Seriously pisses me off cause i have mad respect for Dan and his innovation. What I WANT he has created and i will buy (not this year as im broke at moment but i will buy spindles and LCAs for sure and will replace my SPL stuff with his, as his stuff IS better).

The quality of the coating, the quality of the lil bits and pieces, the research the trial and error.. cmon...

Even SPL was shouted out as the best but i had alot of issues with their coatings and rust... there was many runs of these arms and overal they improved, spl has good customer support... but this product at the moment is the best product on the market and price was is fair. We always want cheaper of course especially with the way the economy is, alot of us being in debt, etc... but to the point Dan if you follow his posts, threads, cmon... he is delivering high end shit for what many of you have that are SHIT BOXES...

I will never get rid of my s13 and have invested alot of time and money in it and im not yet done and always willnig to improve it... but most of you are home boy weekend drifters no shit tires and or hardparkers and cannot appreciate the fact that you are getting a product that may only be available to higher dollar vehicles like porches or bmws... so fuck off

Seriously... never bought a godspeed product even though i could have but never will.. The cheapest product i bought was ichiba 5 lug hubs and they were if i recall a knock off at the time of ATTAIN hubs... and they offered at one point a 'high performance' chromoly hub but it stopped being produced becaues of knock off shit... never had the chance to get it, it was stronger, more durable, better built and lighter than the stock stuff and hey we always wana drop unsprung weight
GripTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:39 AM   #106
blink182house
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
blink182house is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blink182house
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis180sx View Post
honestly it kinda looks like a copy of the d max angle knuckles witch my buddy has a few sets he imported witch have the s13 sized hub bering so u can run ichiba 5 lug conversion or stock s13 4 lug fronts

^^^EXACTLY^^^
There're tons of companies in Japan that have been doing this same design for years now, PBM just made it affordable and popular in the states. Seriously 5 years ago most of you busters didnt even know wide angle spindles existed; they've been around for over a decade BIG WHOOP.

Dan; PBM will always be superior to godspeed. If someone is buying godspeed they most likely weren't in your customer market to begin with. Let them make mistakes and learn, once their shitty parts break they'll eventually end up with your product anyways!

This thread has made me laugh and cry... and in the end actually REPLY (which as you can tell from my post count I rarely do). LAME SHIT.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #107
keytops
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink182house View Post
^^^EXACTLY^^^
Dan; PBM will always be superior to godspeed. If someone is buying godspeed they most likely weren't in your customer market to begin with. Let them make mistakes and learn, once their shitty parts break they'll eventually end up with your product anyways!

This thread has made me laugh and cry... and in the end actually REPLY (which as you can tell from my post count I rarely do). LAME SHIT.
+1 Exactly, In no way am I knocking PBM stuff! It's better than what the majority of people need. No one is proud to sport godspeed stuff but if your a drifter on a real budget thats what you buy till you can afford a more high end model. My point is Dan shouldn't even worry about GodSpeed he makes good shit and if we all had the money he would have our buisness. GodSpeed is on a different level.

@Grip terror You've never owned a godspeed product yet assume they are crap. Crush bends on a solid swaybar do not matter there's nothing to crush. GodSpeed stuff is not crap, they're budget arms. I've had GoodSpeed arms on my DD for 5 years and counting, my stock arms were bent and on a walmart salary it was all I can afford. PBM wasn't even around at the time.

Back to the facts, the SPL stuff that is rusting is STEEL which you can really only powdercoat to protect, if the powder coat comes off it will rust! PBMs (and SPLs) current arms are aluminum which can be plated with just about anything, many of which build up and into the material and protect it. Also keep in mind that aluminum is very resistant to corrosion just as bare metal. Too bad aluminum is very ductle, just ask Mat Powers; there is a literal crate full of his bent arms at PBM right now. To put a cherry on top PBMs new arms are made of steel which will eventually rust like the older SPLs. SPL is like twice the cost of PBM so your wallet can choose what to buy.

Anyway GodSpeed has new knuckles, if you can't afford D Max knuckels go PBM, cant afford PBM go GodSpeed. You get what you pay for, lets not ruin GodSpeeds thread.

For the record I wouldn't DD Godspeed knuckles and PBM does have the nicest heim joints next to the aircraft stuff.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:55 PM   #108
drift donkey
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
drift donkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
not to stir the pot, but aren't of PBM's parts made in Japan?
Now don't get me wrong I run their parts and I like them, but no one is making parts in the USA anymore. Or am I wrong about this?
drift donkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #109
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
how many different ways can you change a suspension bar?
Im sure ill get heat for saying this
but this kind of makes me think of this...
knockoff parts are kind of like the generic brand at the store
like when you buy Shasta instead of coke..
you know it isint going to taste as good.. but your like eh fuck it i want to save a dollar.
if people want to buy godspeed stuff let them. its not your money.
your bitching isint going to stop godspeed from making products.
and it damn sure wont stop cheap people from buying those products.
i mean, Shasta has DR. THUNDER and MOUNTAIN RUSH!?!?!
you don't think those are not blatant copy's of Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew?
and you know those company's know about Shastas obvious knockoff sodas.
yet Shasta still makes assloads of money with their knockoff sodas..

maybe that's a odd example. and i know where you guys are coming from with oh its ruing the community and taking money away form the people who do r&d
and that's all true.
but its not like this never happens. like i was trying to show with the cola thing. its going to happen, people will buy it. they will sell it. there's nothing you can do about it.
plus godspeed sponsors meets and events, they have decent customer service so its not like there just a faceless china company.
at the very least they are just above ebay, if you deny that your ignorant as shit. they DO use existing ideas, change the design a little and sell it for cheap.
thqat about the scion xB look at every car manufacture making a lame box car now and some of them are realllly close to the scion.
just sayn.. dont act like godspeed or meagan or whatever are doing something totally new and awful.. im not saying its right.. im just saying its not a new thing, and it will never stop. and its not that big of a deal. if godspeed had horrible customer service.. and say something broke and they wouldn't do anything about it.. then fine. but thats not the case.. a customer installed a godspeed t28 and it smoked like a week later.. ok its a china turbo he knew what he was buying.. but we called them and they actually drove out to us and brought us another one wich is working great.. granted now a good turbo would not have smoked. but a ebay company sure would never replace it.
even Garrett wouldn't do that

food for thought i guess..
/rant lol
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 11:26 AM   #110
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
If your shasta tastes like shit it wont kill you. When your godspeed knuckle.breaks you die.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #111
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
If your shasta tastes like shit it wont kill you. When your godspeed knuckle.breaks you die.
This is a valid point.
Although ive never seen a knuckle break, i know what you mean.
people always talk about godspeed/meagan parts breaking and people dieing..
but someone show some proof.
and i know tons and tons of people running their suspension stuff..
it may squeak and suck.. but i never see story's of things breaking for no reason. plus if that happened more than once and someone was injured and it was really just part failure not some tard sliding into a curb wouldn't they have been sued?
im not saying it doesn't happen. just that i would like to see proof.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #112
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Gp sports cast knuckles have a record of breaking from minor impacts, I can't see Godspeed doing much better quality control...

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #113
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Gp sports is not godspeed or meagan so that's not a very good example.
and i thought gp sports wasn't a crappy company, guess i was wrong hua lol
those look shitty all around, if they look visually bad why install them?
Old 07-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #114
UNITEDMASTER
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
UNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to allUNITEDMASTER is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
GP is china made too,c'mon all this shit is china made. So pick your favorite color,best liar,price point & buy it use it ,break it.Then buy again. Or make your own parts for your own car.Done, otherwise why continue to go round and round with this same old topic.

MR JACKSON.
UNITEDMASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #115
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by keytops View Post
Also not to knock PBM, I love PBM, but the locks on the heim joints for PBMs new prototype arms first appeared on SPLs arms and PBM is copying them.
Actually Jaguar came up with the idea a few decades ago
and the practice became widespread in serious racing
SPL recognized the need first and applied the concept to s-chassis parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keytops View Post
Back to the facts, the SPL stuff that is rusting is STEEL which you can really only powdercoat to protect, if the powder coat comes off it will rust! PBMs (and SPLs) current arms are aluminum which can be plated with just about anything, many of which build up and into the material and protect it. Also keep in mind that aluminum is very resistant to corrosion just as bare metal. Too bad aluminum is very ductle, just ask Mat Powers; there is a literal crate full of his bent arms at PBM right now. To put a cherry on top PBMs new arms are made of steel which will eventually rust like the older SPLs. SPL is like twice the cost of PBM so your wallet can choose what to buy.
steel is chosen for strength and price
good powder coating is actually very durable
you can also plate steel: gold, zinc, etc to protect it

aluminum is chosen for it's weight
there are many tempers of it though
6061 one is just a very widely used type and cheap because of it availability
there are tempers that are as strong as steel
plating process on aluminum are carried out for refractivity or conductivity reasons
anodizing is done commonly for corrosion prevention
SPL arm are anodized

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Gp sports cast knuckles have a record of breaking from minor impacts, I can't see Godspeed doing much better quality control...

Probably because they were casting their own parts
as opposed to chopping and welding
good idea but difficult and not to mention expensive to do right
and then with the rise of popularity of cheap welded knuckles
it's no surprise they don't offer them anymore

the perfect solution imo? MSI Evo type of knuckle

and speaking of knock off artists? no mention of toogay factory?
I are dissapoint

fun read
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:59 PM   #116
donut-2

donut-2 is an unknown quantity at this point
sick knuckles
donut-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:13 PM   #117
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
really, togue factory? hmph. Never knew.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #118
nightsauce
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
nightsauce is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nightsauce
I laughed at this thread. I'm all in for PBM parts. I work as a quality/electrical engineer and I know the importance of R&D.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #119
jeffwiggins
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
jeffwiggins will become famous soon enoughjeffwiggins will become famous soon enoughjeffwiggins will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
hey if we dont have to pay 450 for pbm than who cares its bound to be coppied by someone im happy for godspeed even though im probably going to get shit on for this post WHO CARES thanks godspeed for getting us good parts at better prices
jeffwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #120
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
if god speed sponsors me and sends me free knuckles with that whole tie rod set up and all the extra stuff ill run it

BUT

they have to pay for my medical bills when i wreck ,

ps driving down the street will more than likely make you wreck with this stuff lol i garuntee someone will buy this and post up how they were driving NOT DRIFTING just to the gas station and some crazy shit happens haha
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote