Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #1
JonEvo

Trader Rating: (9)
JonEvo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
--New Product-- Laser Engraved VIN Number Plates

Have you replaced your old cracked dash for a new one and now your VIN numbers don't match?? I can laser engrave you a new VIN number plate on a number of different color anodized aluminum plates. $9.00 for each plate with FREE Shipping! Pm me on here or shoot me an email at [email protected]

These are made out of Aluminum and cut to size and then engraved. They can be drilled and riveted, super glued or Jb Welded on. No stickers here!

Thanks!
Jon

Last edited by JonEvo; 05-24-2012 at 12:16 PM..
JonEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
Chrischeezer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
Chrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the roughChrischeezer is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
.... interesting
Old 05-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #3
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
this is legal?

can i just put it in my new dash or i gotta tell chp alllllllllllllllll about it?
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Is this a sticker or would you need to rivet this in? let me know via pm.. VERY interested as my dash doesn't have the correct VIN on it...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #5
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
in for more legal info
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
JonEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
this is legal?

can i just put it in my new dash or i gotta tell chp alllllllllllllllll about it?
Why wouldn't this be legal?
Could you use this in the wrong way? I don't really think so.. If you are driving around with a different dash with the wrong VIN wouldn't that be more of a problem? The VIN on the motor on everyone's swaps would also be wrong. This is just a way to correct that and get the same VIN on all of your parts to be legit.
Plus if someone did steal your car and later on you find your parts they would have matching VINs to your car and registration.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Kenzo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Kenzo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The main VIN I read on a car stop is the dash VIN. I use this to confirm that the VIN number matches the registered Vin on the License plate. I could see this plate being used for illegal agendas. I am in no way shape or form telling you that you are breaking the law or are wrong in producing these. I'm just letting you know that this could be an issue. Although, using these VIN plates I could register an R-34 as a Maxima, Lol.

(My Experience in Law Enforcement comes from 6 years and counting in patrol in the largest metropolitan department in Pennsylvania.)

Last edited by Kenzo; 05-24-2012 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: Grammer, beers
Kenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #8
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
Could just as easily get one from a junkyard Maxima too. Just for sake of argument. The firewall should still have the chassis vin on the plate as well as embossed into the metal.
BoostinIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzo View Post
Although, using these VIN plates I could register an R-34 as a Maxima, Lol.
you, sir, are an idiot.

rent a cops are not law enforcement btw
Old 05-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #10
Kenzo
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
you, sir, are an idiot.

rent a cops are not law enforcement btw
I am? Do you know me? Did I state anywhere I am less than full time? Former USMC and current Active duty law enforcement. Also I'll tell you what, those VIN plates stand out like a penis on a robot. It would give me reasonable suspicion to detain any occupants of a vehicle and investigate further. Our Auto squad would have a field day picking apart a car to match all the VIN plates. As for the Skyline comment, half the idiots in our BMV have no idea the difference in a GTR from a GTI besides what is written on the application for vehicle registration.

Also, for the TC, check local statutes for the Vehicle code and state legislation, this excerpt is from the us crimes code.

"18 USCS § 2321 (2003)

§ 2321. Trafficking in certain motor vehicles or motor vehicle parts

(a) Whoever buys, receives, possesses, or obtains control of, with intent to sell or otherwise dispose of, a motor vehicle or motor vehicle part, knowing that an identification number for such motor vehicle or part has been removed, obliterated, tampered with, or altered, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both."

Last edited by Kenzo; 05-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: additional content
Old 05-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yea i thought that swaping a dash or ANYTHING with a vin on it in any state is a big deal and certain procedures MUST be followed or else .
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
JonEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzo View Post
I am? Do you know me? Did I state anywhere I am less than full time? Former USMC and current Active duty law enforcement. Also I'll tell you what, those VIN plates stand out like a penis on a robot. It would give me reasonable suspicion to detain any occupants of a vehicle and investigate further. Our Auto squad would have a field day picking apart a car to match all the VIN plates. As for the Skyline comment, half the idiots in our BMV have no idea the difference in a GTR from a GTI besides what is written on the application for vehicle registration.

Also, for the TC, check local statutes for the Vehicle code and state legislation, this excerpt is from the us crimes code.

"18 USCS § 2321 (2003)

§ 2321. Trafficking in certain motor vehicles or motor vehicle parts

(a) Whoever buys, receives, possesses, or obtains control of, with intent to sell or otherwise dispose of, a motor vehicle or motor vehicle part, knowing that an identification number for such motor vehicle or part has been removed, obliterated, tampered with, or altered, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both."
Wow really?!?
So you would be upset if someone had the correct VIN plate that matched their license plate and registration then tear their car apart for it? That makes no sense... The whole point of these is so that everything does match? Some people buy cars with dashes already swapped and want to make their VIN # match.

If they didn't match or if the VIN clearly calls out a different car I would understand the need to tear it apart and investigate. But other than that why would you care?

The only illegal things I can think of would be to take this VIN and put it on a car and try to sell it using the wrong VIN. Or the biggest illegal way would be to make multiple VINs of the same VIN number and use them on say your track car and your daily driver. If they are both say s13s how would you know which car is which?

Anything can be used in an illegal way or the correct way. My intentions of this were to help people who want to make their cars legit.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
JonEvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2v7 View Post
yea i thought that swaping a dash or ANYTHING with a vin on it in any state is a big deal and certain procedures MUST be followed or else .
Okay, so everyone who has a motor swap or replaced there dash from another car is breaking the law? If that’s true how are you suppose to fix your broken dash?
I would buy a new dash and then put the correct VIN on it. Is that wrong?
Old 05-25-2012, 04:35 AM   #14
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
Holy shnikeys.....

Yeah...let's tear a car apart....not compare that VIN to what's in the computer and what's stamped on the firewall.....

Oi.

Keep making awesome stuff!
BoostinIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #15
xh3nry
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
xh3nry is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
The oem vin plates have special rivets on it. If you have different ones or the chp suspect your vin plate is fake then you can get in trouble. I would just run your dash without a vin because i know when older cars are restored they just leave the vin plate off.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 AM   #16
xh3nry
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
xh3nry is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
The issue of having a dash with a different vin is that chp would just assume that you stole it from a different car. And if the car was filed stolen then you're in trouble.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
Kenzo
Leaky Injector

Jonevo, I would tear a car apart if the vin plate looked etched and not factory stamped if the car had no other vin numbers available to compare to the registration. I like the products you make, my point of bringing up legality is due to personal liability if someone uses your product in an illicit manner. Also I wasn't getting smartass with you, I was originally responding to the cat who called me an idiot.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #18
EvoVIII808
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
EvoVIII808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvoVIII808 Send a message via Yahoo to EvoVIII808
I like the product, but not a good idea to sell these.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:05 PM   #19
piranhamatt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
piranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud ofpiranhamatt has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
As far as I understand, it is the purchaser's responsibility to check for legality in their area, and if determined to be illegal, they run the risk of punitive measures as deemed fit by the local authorities. This is very similar to test pipes and many other parts labeled "For off-road use only."

OP: I like your product, and the fact that you are bringing new products to the market. I think it is a good idea to sell these. If people continue to complain in this manner, I recommend you state in the first post that they are for off-road use.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #20
Cl9leo
Leaky Injector

Cl9leo is an unknown quantity at this point
By California law you cannot re-attach your own VIN plate with non factory rivets. The legal process is to take your car to a CHP Office for inspection by a VIN officer who will do a complete inspection of your car and then if all is well, will attach a Blue Tag to the door post of the car. That blue tag then becomes the "Official" VIN for the car.

Did it this way when i swapped the dash on my integra