Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-10-2008, 10:39 PM   #1
xlowxyotax88x

Trader Rating: (0)
xlowxyotax88x is making a name for him/her selfxlowxyotax88x is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA 1st cyinder flooding out

the 1st cylinder on my car is flooding out(ka24e)i get spark but it doesnt fire due to the plug getting flooded also. ive put 3 different injectors in an the same thng happens. FPR is good also all injectors are good and sealing properly. anyone have any suggestions? i did search the forums for about 12 hours and have had no luck. thanks for any help.
xlowxyotax88x is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
did you replace the o-rings at all?
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
xlowxyotax88x

xlowxyotax88x is making a name for him/her selfxlowxyotax88x is making a name for him/her self
yes thry are all new 3 on each injector
Old 08-11-2008, 02:00 AM   #4
Addicted2Kouki
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Addicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfectionAddicted2Kouki is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I couldve sworn there are only 2 O-rings on each injector.

I think you should get them cleaned and flow tested..
Deatschwerks does a good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreansurfer View Post
zenki's are for poors and lames

with the exception of norm who is big ballin
FS:CUSCO,GREDDY,KA-Tparts
Addicted2Kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #5
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
When you pull #1 spark plug, it's soaking wet with fuel?
Is spark is good, no problem with wire/cap/rotor?

Check continuity on the signal wire to the injector.
MELLO*SOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
tru180sx
Leaky Injector

tru180sx is making a name for him/her selftru180sx is making a name for him/her self
same thing happened with my 370cc.
#1 cylinder was flooding. it was a bad injector. are the 3 injectors u tried still good? if u didnt flow test it, you could but a -&+ charge to see if the injector clicks, if it doesnt then the injector is stuck open.(a ghetto way to test). also what are u tuning with? afc? my frend had a bad afc that caused a cylinder to flood. also, how strong is your spark? just cause you see a spark doesnt mean its big enough to burn the fuel.
good luck!

ooh yea juss wondering, if you had a bad o-ring,wouldnt fuel leak outside the mani instead of flooding?

tru sport
tru180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #7
xlowxyotax88x

the car is stock for the most part it has a flowmaster on it and a cai other than that its bone stock. the three injectors i have tried are all good injectors they were in my other motor so i know they workd they al opened and closed as the were suposed 2. the cap rotor wires and plugs are all new. i have ngk zfr5e-11 plugs in it. wen i pull the plug it is covered in fuel. ive been tryn 2 get this thing running right fora week and a half now an this is the last problem i have. thanks for the help so far.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

MELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfectionMELLO*SOS is close to perfection
If you have a DMM it will be quick to test this out:

The injectors fire when the ECU grounds them. They have constant 12v on one pin and pulsed -12v from the ECU on the other pin. If the signal wire from the ECU to the injector has a short to ground in it (insulation rubbed through, grounding to chassis for example), it may cause the injector to dump fuel. Try checking continuity on the signal wire to that injector. One wire will show +12v with the key on engine off, the other (signal) wire should show no continuity to ground with the engine off. If it does then you have a short somewhere and need to fix it.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
xlowxyotax88x

k ill go check that now. i do know that im getting a 12v on every injector wether ignition is on or off
Old 08-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #10
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

With the key on you should get 12v on one injector pin, but with the key off or the key removed you shouldn't... I think this is standard on all Nissan ECCS engines. Otherwise your battery would die all the time. The other pin is pulsed ground from the ECU when it's time to fire. So if the 2nd/signal wire has a short in it and is touching the chassis, it could be causing that injector to fire randomly or stay open.

You could pull the harness connector off from the ecu, find the #1 injector pin/wire and test continuity from there back to the #1 injector.

PS you should change your oil after you figure this out, all that gas probably ruined your current oil...

Good luck with your project.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #11
xlowxyotax88x

OMG thank u u are my hero that is the problem i checkd continuityof the ground with the ignition off and got ground i have the harness out now and am searching for the short. i also just changed my oil while doin this. u are gettn plus rep!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Hope you find the problem. If it's not a short I don't know what else it could be :O. GL
Old 08-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #13
xlowxyotax88x

is it possble the computer itself could be grounding it out all the time?(i.e. shot computer?) i ve been studying the wire and it looks to be fine. the resistance on that wie is the same as my others and i cant find any cracks tears bends in the wire?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #14
MELLO*SOS
LAID OUT

Yes it's possible. If you can get another SOHC ecu it's worth testing.

When you tested the wire, did it have very low resistance from the ecu connector pin to the injector connector pin? If there's a short the resistance usually fluctuates.