Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #31
yabeet
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
yabeet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I would not recommend knockoff parts people, hurting the innovators.
The thing is, it’s a gearbox, okay? It has one job to do! One job! Pull the lever… ‘Am I a pencil? Am I a cauliflower? Am I a nuclear power sta– I’m a gearbox! Oh, heavens, I’m gonna swap some cogs around!’

Jeremy Clarkson on Automatics
yabeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2011, 01:07 AM   #32
Project3328
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Project3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud ofProject3328 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Chinese killed jdm
Project3328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 AM   #33
Bry

Trader Rating: (0)
Bry is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Dan MAX USA View Post
i just threw up a little in my mouth
Was thinking the exact same thing..
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:36 AM   #34
roadboy240sx

roadboy240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
PBM - FTW!!!

i mean really im all for godspeed stuff for the people short on cash but. talk about copy and paste

edit: i should add that when it comes time for me to have cray steering angle i will be sending mine to PBM and suporting the good guys
roadboy240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #35
iLagX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (40)
iLagX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iLagX
whats the price?? does it included bump stopper?
Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #36
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
this scares me alot
yikes
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 07:38 AM   #37
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle m3th View Post
Why are you guys utilizing spacers on top of spacers?
Bwahahahaha! That was my first thought! You beat me to it! There's no way both could be installed at the same time without horrid toe in.

Quote:
i just threw up a little in my mouth
I as well sir, I as well.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #38
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
keeping an eye to see what happens.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #39
Tae-Hyun
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Tae-Hyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
no bueno.

kein gutes

좋 없음

no good.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 AM   #40
maverickmotorsports
Zilvia Junkie

maverickmotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
I think I see a resemblance to my spacers.

Sr to VQ transmission adapter, dual caliper brackets, high angle tensions rods, and more!

http://www.maverick-motorsports.com/collections/all
maverickmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #41
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
holy jeez. I think Zilvia should step up and ban these knockoff parts from being sold by vendors on the site. There's only one way to stop this type of shit and supporting it is not the way. Plus PBM's prices are sick, every single part they produce is definately budget friendly. This type of blatant plaguerism is just sickening. I wouldn't go as far as bitching about the little 7mm spacers, but the knuckles and spacers are direct copys of other's ideas.

Anyone that runs a godspeed knuckle deserves to smash the wall when it shatters into pieces after driving over a pothole.
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #42
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^^It's a fucking business, grow up.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's not rocket science.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 AM   #43
kbui
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
kbui is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^ yes, it is a business, but who's economy are we supporting...not ours! just saying
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:39 AM   #44
vas570sx
Zilvia Addict

vas570sx is an unknown quantity at this point
i couldve sworn godspeed was an american company
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 AM   #45
Sad s13
Zilvia Junkie

Sad s13 is on the path to ruinSad s13 is on the path to ruinSad s13 is on the path to ruin
they may be an american company but where are the parts made?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #46
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
More crap from godspeed huh? Not surprised in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #47
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad s13 View Post
they may be an american company but where are the parts made?
The same place your cellphone is made.

So what's your point?
Old 07-13-2011, 11:17 AM   #48
curbhuggerrps13
Zilvia Addict

curbhuggerrps13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to curbhuggerrps13
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
The same place your cellphone is made.

So what's your point?
don't forget tv's...man i love my tv that has been copied over and over again
curbhuggerrps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #49
Rafa-Z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (12)
Rafa-Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
the point is if your cellphone breaks you dont crash into a wall. All their parts look cast from a cast from a cast and they say its ok to use spacers on top of spacers. Good luck
Rafa-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #50
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
^^It's a fucking business, grow up.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's not rocket science.
I know it's a business, and by all means if people need the parts buy them. I was all for being budget minded but it's really starting to get out of hand. PBM is an innovative company that is always coming out with new stuff and listening to their customers. I know i keep using them for an example but they are killing it, awesome products+awesome pricing.

Now what happened when PBM spends alot of money and time to research and develop a new set of LCA's(which they have) and said control arms are sold for a couple months to the public and then Godspeed or another knockoff company directly copies them and cuts the price in half. Now all the people that were saving up to buy the PBM arms see these new arms that are visually exact copies come out. So now say half the people that were going to buy PBM's buy the knockoffs.

Now PBM isn't seeing as much of a return on their investment. So maybe next time this leads to them either not developing new parts or not listening to their customers since they didn't make enough profit the last run to justify the time spent R&Ring.

It is a business, but it's the wrong one to be supporting. The first thing I see when I open up zilvia is godspeed's knockoff parts. Those parts shouldn't be getting the exposure, the originals should.
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #51
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
We make stuff overseas, just like everyone in an effort to offer competitive prices. No news flash there, its really a non issue, as long as quality control is managed closely. The real issue is copycat scumbags that are notorious for selling shitty knockoff corner cutting cheap parts.

I say Its really up to the members of Zilvia, you can choose as a community to grow by supporting innovation or you can choose to kill quality reliable parts suppliers and their benefits to our sport by allowing blatant copycats to leverage this community as a way to gain another marketing source. You can passively vote with who you give your dollars to or we can take a stand to counter their efforts in proliferating substandard parts below market price.

There's already a community for copycats called Ebay, and everyone here knows they can go there whenever they feel like being cheapskates.

Other forums uphold their community standards like vipstylecars.com

There is an announcement in the for sale section (they go so far as to control used items sold by members as well as scumbag venders)

"SELLING KNOCKOFFs = Permanent Ban

In our effort to fight knockoffs, our policy will be selling counterfeit items will result in a PERMANENT BAN from the forum as well as any VIPStyleCars related events.

PLEASE REPORT ANY VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY TO THE ADMINISTRATORS. Email [email protected] or PM 'mdenoga' "
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 07-13-2011 at 01:51 PM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #52
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We make stuff overseas, just like everyone in an effort to offer competitive prices. No news flash there, its really a non issue, as long as quality control is managed closely. The real issue is copycat scumbags that are notorious for selling shitty knockoff corner cutting cheap parts.

I say Its really up to the members of Zilvia, you can choose as a community to grow by supporting innovation or you can choose to kill quality reliable parts suppliers and their benefits to our sport by allowing blatant copycats to leverage this community as a way to gain another marketing source. You can passively vote with who you give your dollars to or we can take a stand to counter their efforts in proliferating substandard parts below market price.

There's already a community for copycats called Ebay, and everyone here knows they can go there whenever they feel like being cheapskates.

Other forums uphold their community standards like vipstylecars.com

There is an announcement in the for sale section (they go so far as to control used items sold by members as well as scumbag venders)

"SELLING KNOCKOFFs = Permanent Ban

In our effort to fight knockoffs, our policy will be selling counterfeit items will result in a PERMANENT BAN from the forum as well as any VIPStyleCars related events.

PLEASE REPORT ANY VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY TO THE ADMINISTRATORS. Email [email protected] or PM 'mdenoga' "
That would be awesome, the fs forums would be alot less cluttered with garbage too.

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:30 PM   #53
Brian W.
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (8)
Brian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfectionBrian W. is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Brian W.
While i know im not the first and/ or only person to ever cut and re-weld a 240sx steering knuckle.... these do look more similar to the ones ive been selling for 4 YEARS than any other ive ever seen...

Support the innovators and original designers of these parts please. They(we) are the ones that keep new and innovative parts coming out for the end user like yourself to purchase and use to better your car and driving. If companies like Godspeed continue to thrive by selling copies of Original manufacturers parts then the original manufacturer could go out of business and/ or lose interest in supporting this sport.

MA Products | MA Motorsports
Old 07-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #54
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
Im not saying we have to go so far as to banning the biggest vendor here, like Enjuku selling ISIS turbo elbows (because no one cares about that commodity item, its already been whored out for years) but when its a blatant copy cannibalism of one community vender's signature part by another vender, F that, draw the line.

Case in point:

versus:

Brian sells a very reasonably priced knuckle service, and as a famous and reputable race car builder he obviously took the time to R&D the bumpsteer, angle, and ackerman. And he does quality welding on this factory casting (very important for safety).
Maybe no one can do anything about a cheaper one on ebay but...here? When Brian is a paid advertiser and a respected member of the community...thats just wrong.
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #55
mrchomponthis
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
mrchomponthis is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Grow up people.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #56
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
how do you qualify for knock off :/ thin line maybe? just wondering.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #57
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
how many burger places are there in your city?
how many taco places?
how many gas stations?
as a business your always going to have competition selling the same shit as you. make your shit better and priced better or fail as a business.
its not like only one company can sell the same thing.
sue them and win or stfu
and how much are these going to be?
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #58
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchomponthis View Post
Grow up people.
And how do you grow up? By purchasing copycat products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
how many burger places are there in your city?
how many taco places?
how many gas stations?
as a business your always going to have competition selling the same shit as you. make your shit better and priced better or fail as a business.
its not like only one company can sell the same thing.
sue them and win or stfu
and how much are these going to be?
But when there is noone left to copy what innovations will companies like Godspeed come out with themselves? Companies like SPL, PBM, and MA Motorsports are the leaders in this area, the guys who perfect these ideas and continue to make improvements on them. Then you have these cheapshit fly by night companies that copy their products and sell em to you guys at unreasonably low prices and you guys all ride their dicks like they've actually done something great for the community.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #59
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
I love how people compare small companies that make parts for a very specific market to HUGE corporations that have footholds in TONS of areas of a WORLD market.

Think before you speak. HKS USA, ARC, Greddy USA, the best companies are dropping out of our market fast, and soon, to get anything good, it'll be like the old days; either you make it yourself, or you pay out the butt to ship it from some other country.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #60
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
I love how people compare small companies that make parts for a very specific market to HUGE corporations that have footholds in TONS of areas of a WORLD market.

Think before you speak. HKS USA, ARC, Greddy USA, the best companies are dropping out of our market fast, and soon, to get anything good, it'll be like the old days; either you make it yourself, or you pay out the butt to ship it from some other country.
Last time I checked none of the mentioned companies in this thread were HUGE corporations. SPL: Produces quite a few products for almost exclusively S/Z chassis, PBM: S/Z Chassis mostly with a few RX/JZ/other drift cars, MA-Motorsports: S-Chassis/GT-R In fact I don't think any of the companies you listed were ever brought up until your own post. AND HKS Pulled out of America, ARC went bankrupt or whatever, and last I saw Greddy USA was still alive and kicking.

Quote: