Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 04:23 PM   #1
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
2005 240sx Convention

Socal240sx community should do the 240sx convention again for 2005.
Anyone agree please post here why.
Why socal?
1. We have the most corporate support
2. We have the largest 240 community.
3. We have the most organized group around.
Cheers,

Sam
PS. We are not going to the 2004 due to the same date as Formula D.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2004, 05:05 PM   #2
s13Dr1ft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
s13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nices13Dr1ft is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13Dr1ft
Sounds good to me. So cal would be a great place for the convention.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #3
CoasTek240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
CoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud ofCoasTek240 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CoasTek240
id drive my car out to that, or possibly even tow it with my truck, although thats a long way to come?
Old 07-13-2004, 05:13 PM   #4
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
the '02 convention saw people driving their car from ALL over.. KS, FL, NY...

I'd fully support an '05 LA or SD 240sx convention, even if I might not be able to attend it.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:50 PM   #5
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Var
depending on what's happening in my life by then, its a good possibility that i would attend.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:50 PM   #6
.akai

.akai is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to .akai Send a message via AIM to .akai
Yeah well, us East Coast people are going to have our own National Convention!! The East Will Rise Again!!?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:02 PM   #7
Var
Post Whore!

Var is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of lightVar is a glorious beacon of light
wth is "East Coast"
Old 07-13-2004, 09:41 PM   #8
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboroughpimp
wth is "East Coast"
east coast is the eastern side of the united states

3rd grade geography called, they want you back
Old 07-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #9
DRFT
Post Whore!

DRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her selfDRFT is making a name for him/her self
looks like this is causing quite a stir on FA
Old 07-13-2004, 10:07 PM   #10
element240
Zilvia Addict

element240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to element240
midwest is where its at

that way the peeps from the west AND the east can meet up in the middle
Old 07-13-2004, 10:18 PM   #11
Bliss
Zilvia Addict

Bliss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Bliss Send a message via AIM to Bliss
midwest...btw, is not actually midwest.... michigan and ohio are almost 3/4 across the country from us on the West.... not to mention there is more action over here.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:09 PM   #12
old_s13
BANNED

old_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
LA is the best, why? because NISSAN HQ is here. all the vendors are here. socal is the heartbeat of the import community.

so, i vote LA. there is NO reason why people shouldnt want to drive out to los angeles, take a vacation, visit hollywood.. etc etc etc.. i mean, there are so many reasons to come out here.

not that going to kansas, MO like we did years ago was bad, but it wasnt worth it when you think of all the incentives that were offered here.

- mike / clearcorners.com
Old 07-13-2004, 11:21 PM   #13
kazuo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
kazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enoughkazuo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I agree.

I remember when there was a thread about the 2K3 "Convention" (which was really just a glorified meet), and I stated the exact same thing as Mike, I got lambasted for it, and then when I came back at 'em with the facts, the thread was suddenly deleted...

At any rate, the Convention really belongs in SoCal, if not along the West Side.

'cause its the best side.
Old 07-14-2004, 12:05 AM   #14
boro240
Zilvia FREAK!

boro240 is making a name for him/her selfboro240 is making a name for him/her self
too bad hawaii always misses out. Hawaii Nissan is technically seperate from Nissan USA anyway though....but still.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:07 AM   #15
mrmephistopheles

can't believe how much animosity certain east coasters have towards cali.. (referencing FA thread)
I don't recall who it was, but someone was complaining about SoCal people selling things... that frequently what they sold was 'SoCal pickup only', and that it was inconsiderate of people outside of SoCal. Sure, it might be inconsiderate, but like Brain said in that thread, it's just because (for me at least) I'm lazy... I've never thought the West coast was any better than anywhere else. I have granted that living in SoCal is advantageous due to the close proximity of SO MANY importation businesses and SO MANY aftermarket suppliers.
In some aspects I'm envious of people on the East coast... frequently none of them have smog laws.. most can find fun places to drive.. Many more speedways, etc.

I think maybe making conventions a biannual thing (every 2 years.. not twice a year) would be better, as it'd allow those on more limited budgets time to save for a cross-country trip, and those who want to show their best plenty of time and notice.

I hate to say it but I still think a SoCal convention would almost always be best. I wish I could go to Vegas.. I know that's going to be a killer convention.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:46 AM   #16
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Steeles Send a message via Yahoo to Steeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuo
I agree.

I remember when there was a thread about the 2K3 "Convention" (which was really just a glorified meet), and I stated the exact same thing as Mike, I got lambasted for it, and then when I came back at 'em with the facts, the thread was suddenly deleted...

At any rate, the Convention really belongs in SoCal, if not along the West Side.

'cause its the best side.
The problem was your arrogent attitude and timing. It had already been decided the convention would happen on the east coast that year. I have nothing against the west coast. save for the fact I'm not there. its a pain for me to come across the country for a meet. I dont care WHAT is going on how big it is or if everyone and their mother is gonna be there. its costs me too much time and money. its a NATIONAL convention meaning you want people from all over the nation too attend. cali just isnt convient for everyone. thats why its such a good idea to move the national convention every year. make it easier on the folks it was difficult for the previous year. when it was in cali there was tons of support from the east coast. when it was the east coasts turn NO ONE gave any kind of support. nice showing of the self proclaimed "largest community". several people made it from the east coast to the first cali convention some even flew out cause they didnt have time to drive. NO one made such an effort from the west coast to come east.

I personally think vegas this year is west coast enough and that in 05 it should be more central america (i'm talking Texas not panama) give both coasts somewhere in the middle to meet. its all about getting to meet people from other areas that you DONT know thats the important thing at national conventions like this, not hanging out with the same people you see every time a couple people decide to hang out. I hate im missing this years convention but no matter where it is I hope to make the 05 one. Even if it is in cali. but Im crashing on mamos's couch
Old 07-14-2004, 07:57 AM   #17
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
how many people showed up to the east coast convention
worst convention ever

you like to argue and get butt hurt about it but you fail to see the reason the california one did so well. the first year was MEGA sucess. if another california one takes place we'll be using BOTH lots of the Nissan HQ

and there will be more then ..what? 20some cars like the east coast. way to support your conevntion east coasters.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:58 AM   #18
mrmephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeles
but Im crashing on mamos's couch
Whoah. I didn't think you were the kind to... swing that way...
I wonder if his neighbors will be calling out 'Fresh Fish!' on your way up the stairs...
Old 07-14-2004, 08:18 AM   #19
Steeles
Post Whore!

Steeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura aboutSteeles has a spectacular aura about
Dousan - i'm not butt hurt I had a blast at the convention. not alot showed but after the huge mess on the forums we didnt expect anyone too. we weent and had fun anyway. I never ONCE said I didnt see why the cali meet was so large. what I said was its not about how large it is. its about bringing different areas of the community together, unfortunately everyone gets this "bigger is better" mentality. fuck that. take a look at the nationnal Z club conventions. local chapters petition and propose years in advance just to be considered and they ALWAYS have a huge turnout. 240 owners are lazy bastards that get their panties in a bunch when somethings not convient to them. reminds me of Club Si "oooh the meets not inmy fucking backyard it sucks and Im not going" buncha whiny bitches. heres a thought get off your ass and go to the meet and guess what it'll be a bigger meet! gasp astounding! what a revelation. its like if people get out of a line in front of you.... you get through it faster...

MrMeph - na i dont thats why I claimed the couch.. I figured you already claimed the other half of the bed anyway.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:50 AM   #20
BlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

BlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to BlackS14
I said my piece on FA already so I won't further it by much here.....

I will say this though......sure the first Cali convention was great. It was put together well and had a huge turnout. But because of that does not mean it is the "ideal" place to have it every other year like some folks have been saying. This is the second time I have seen the Cali folks state they have the largest 240sx community......which is complete and utter bullshit. I guarantee us Florida folks will give a serious run for the money in regards to that....

The "ideal" place to have a convention would be to have it somewhere in the middle where neither side has to drive or trailor thier car across the entire God damn country. Not Cali....not Fl either....

Again, I have nothing wrong with the decision to have the convention in Cali...it's the thought process and the "holier than thou" attitudes that came up with the reasons to do so that gets alot of folks feathers ruffled...mine included...

-Bill
Old 07-14-2004, 09:03 AM   #21
Steeles
Post Whore!

and lets not forget the FIRST national convention was in kentucky and was a huge success. no big coperate sponsors no west coast location just a group of enthusiats willing to get together and come from all over. and thats what its all about. fuck where the "best' place to have it is where is everone able to get to?
Old 07-14-2004, 09:12 AM   #22
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

justinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enoughjustinhustle will become famous soon enough
i vote for so cal, i vote for vegas, i vote for cancun

who cares just get together and have fun thats all its about

and secondly as a former californian, id be embarrassed to have this out in the midwest/east coast area...why you might ask yourself...

because this area is 2 yrs behind cali on everything, it be a timewarp not a meet
Old 07-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #23
sykikchimp
WOW addicted

sykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura aboutsykikchimp has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to sykikchimp
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
because this area is 2 yrs behind cali on everything, it be a timewarp not a meet
What exactly is 2 years behind??

that is so ignorant, and arogant.. get off your high horse.

Just because there are a few drift days, and a lot of talk about drifting 24/7 doesn't mean the west coast is ahead of the east coast..

I hate the fact that all the west coast "JDM elite snobs" feel that can't mingle with us dirty south east coasters.. OMGHI2U WTF?!11 WE LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY, AND ALL SHARE THE SAME GOALS.

west coast attitude..

The 03 convention ROCKED. YOU were not there. DO NOT talk. The hardest of the hardcore 240 enthusiests were ALL there on our coast. Arguably the most hardcore in the country. SO STFU.

EDIT.. to make this somewhat constructive.. I have no problem with it being in Cali, or Texas (I like the texas idea), what I have a problem with is the conceited attitude, and seperatism that is always invoked when the question "Where" is asked. It always becomes a pissing match of "where is best", and everyone has a different opinion of "WHAT" is best. So naturally big fights due to miscommunication, and differing goals appears.

What we really need is a VERY SPECIFIC SET OF GOALS for the convention.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:46 AM   #24
old_s13
BANNED

LA is happening, other spots arent so happening. I already explained why, only ONE reason: Mike Mamos is in LA. hehe jk, NISSAN HQ is here, thats THAT.

Now, I think people should split up.. if 2 conventions are needed, than do it. I dont see why EITHER coast would have to fuckin drive cross country just to go to a meet. I am local and I dont care to go to ANY of the meets anymore. The shit is overblown and while it is nice to catchup with friends, see their cars, etc etc.. I've just lost interest due to all the Initial-D drift-kids. I dont need to bring more unecessary attention to my POS_13.

So, why not just make 2 conventions. It'll probably be easier that way.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:04 AM   #25
justinhustle
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykikchimp
What exactly is 2 years behind??

that is so ignorant, and arogant.. get off your high horse.

Just because there are a few drift days, and a lot of talk about drifting 24/7 doesn't mean the west coast is ahead of the east coast..

I hate the fact that all the west coast "JDM elite snobs" feel that can't mingle with us dirty south east coasters.. OMGHI2U WTF?!11 WE LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY, AND ALL SHARE THE SAME GOALS.

west coast attitude..

The 03 convention ROCKED. YOU were not there. DO NOT talk. The hardest of the hardcore 240 enthusiests were ALL there on our coast. Arguably the most hardcore in the country. SO STFU.

EDIT.. to make this somewhat constructive.. I have no problem with it being in Cali, or Texas (I like the texas idea), what I have a problem with is the conceited attitude, and seperatism that is always invoked when the question "Where" is asked. It always becomes a pissing match of "where is best", and everyone has a different opinion of "WHAT" is best. So naturally big fights due to miscommunication, and differing goals appears.

What we really need is a VERY SPECIFIC SET OF GOALS for the convention.
no high horse here first off

secondly, look at the cars west vs east. end of story california will always be ahead of most of the usa on everything. its as simple as that.

you can be a trendsetter or a follower, since most of the trends start where the cars come from, i.e. japan. of course it will hit cali first and much before it is slowly moved east bound.

east coast cars for years have been about crazy paint jobs, chrome rims and loud ass stereos, check out nopi next time, if ya dont think so.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:14 AM   #26
old_s13
BANNED

well, i still know some folks who's cars are hardcore in the east.. like russ, estevan, and several others.

the point here isnt which side is better. the point here is that MORE people fix up cars out here than they do out there. cars last longer, there isnt rust, there's lots of ass and titty out here, good weather, hollywood, south central.. i mean, SO many reasons to wanting to come out to LA and get your car jacked.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #27
rupertaker1
BANNED

rupertaker1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rupertaker1
How about Houston?

It's sorta-kinda in the middle.

Lots of places for road racing, autocross, 'drifting', whatever.

San Antonio Raceway for the dragracers; it's roughly 2 hours away from the hotels on Westheimer--but they are fairly lenient on the rules and it's a great track.

Houston night life is fun as well, lots of things to do. =)
Old 07-14-2004, 10:24 AM   #28
Steeles
Post Whore!

just as many cars from the west coast at nopi than anywhere else. and if their all about the paint and rims and stereos by your own admission its the west coast's fault. so step up come east and show us what its all about.

Mike - and why do we need Nissan HQ? what havce they done for us lately? hell theres a nissan plant in Tenn lets have a meet there who's coming? oh thats right the mighty west cant drive that far. dont you know you cant spell the west with out the ES! chit Half the people that came to the 03 convention drove home and turned around and came back to NC a WEEK LATER for hyperfest. kookz put hella miles on the car that month

although I do feel you on the hoodlum theory mike. too many annoying bandwagon jumpers and ish at most of these things nowadays.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:39 AM   #29
Var
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
east coast is the eastern side of the united states

3rd grade geography called, they want you back

yes yes..i remember hearing about it in a rap song or something.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:45 AM   #30
pruto
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
pruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to allpruto is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is anyone going to the one in vegas this year? argh, i'd like to, but my car doesn't like vegas, and there is a SC game on that day. Maybe i can go and tailgate at the meet and bring a TV
Closed Thread