Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #151
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I installed mine using the JDM harness, cut out from dash harness... still a bit of wiring to do doesnt just fall in... the mode control motor wiring had to be completly reversed to function properly.. i pined the wiring like the guide says, but i also had to switch the 2 green wires as well in order for it to work.. not to difficult with the harness, i get codes 20 and 30!! everythings ago
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 12:09 AM   #152
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforteen View Post
I installed mine using the JDM harness, cut out from dash harness... still a bit of wiring to do doesnt just fall in... the mode control motor wiring had to be completly reversed to function properly.. i pined the wiring like the guide says, but i also had to switch the 2 green wires as well in order for it to work.. not to difficult with the harness, i get codes 20 and 30!! everythings ago
Yeah I have to put my car in defrost/foot to have air blow to my face and obviously when I have it blow air through the cabin vents it defrosts. I have tried switching the wiring around but I just get error codes when I do that and it wont pass any of the tests.

So curious how just switching two wires worked for you.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #153
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well thats what i did, my car is a 98 as well, the wiring for ac is different and it also says that the air mix motor plug is different from the JDM, mine was all the same everything plugged in, just had to repin the air mix and mode motor...

I wired the the mode motor like the the diagram says EXCEPT pins 5 and 6. I reversed those.. and it works perfect no codes and all my functions work normally
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:05 AM   #154
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
interesting, I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #155
s14canyoncity
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
s14canyoncity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforteen View Post
well thats what i did, my car is a 98 as well, the wiring for ac is different and it also says that the air mix motor plug is different from the JDM, mine was all the same everything plugged in, just had to repin the air mix and mode motor...

I wired the the mode motor like the the diagram says EXCEPT pins 5 and 6. I reversed those.. and it works perfect no codes and all my functions work normally
nice been looking for this answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
interesting, I'll give that a try and see what happens.
Om1kron , i had the same problem you had on your blog and did what Sforteen mentioned and it worked out great. Now all the modes work just fine.

One thing im having issues with the Sun Load sensor (code 25) and also getting a code -26 (air mix door motor issue).

-i tried different SLS already
-checked all my wiring
*possible not a good ground since its sharing with 2 other sensor and Air Mix door motor.

Also having some heating issue but thats probably due to a bad heater core or would it be due to AMDM not working properly? Can any one give some suggestions what else i should check before i replace the heater core.

FYI, already replaced the AMDM with a known good one.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #156
Om1kron
Post Whore!

I switched those two wires and the motor constantly tries to go into the foot position but hesitates so I'll hear a knack,knack,knack,knack sound constantly. I think that's why I originally replaced the mode door motor only to have the same problem exist. I'll eventually redo all of the wiring for the car as I think something is getting power when it shouldn't.
Old 03-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #157
s14canyoncity
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
s14canyoncity is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
I switched those two wires and the motor constantly tries to go into the foot position but hesitates so I'll hear a knack,knack,knack,knack sound constantly. I think that's why I originally replaced the mode door motor only to have the same problem exist. I'll eventually redo all of the wiring for the car as I think something is getting power when it shouldn't.
yeah i had to look at all the wires and all the info i found on the DCC. i got everything working now with no error codes. but going to take it apart again i wanna redo my wiring its a bit messy.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #158
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Just "finished" wiring up this crap and diagnostic 2 gives no error codes, however diagnostic mode 3 gives error codes 31, 32, 33, 34. Can anyone tell me the pin colors for the mode motor (slim brown plug in driver foot well) and their corresponding locations on the DCC? I have a 98 too btw. Curiously I haven't had any problems with the heat. It's burning hot. My A/C isn't charged yet, so I haven't had the chance to test if it's cool but there is a definite change when you adjust temperature on the unit.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #159
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Ok, I figured out my problem. I reversed the two green wires (green with yellow stripe and green with orange stripe) and all the modes started working except when transitioning between foot/face and defrost the motor would get stuck and make that death clacking noise. I triple checked the wiring and it was exactly as the amended faq stated with the exception of the two green wires switched. I figured it had to be a mechanical problem so I removed the mode door motor and held it in my hand while I went through the different positions using the DCC. No clicking... it turns out the arm on the mode door motor was off a few teeth and when the modes tried to change it had resistance.
THE SOLUTION:
Remove mode door motor leaving arm installed in the side of the slider. Set DCC to blow on feet only, manually (by hand) reset mode door flaps to close all vents funneling air to feet only, re-install mode door motor tighten screws down and viola. Everything works, no error codes in diagnostic mode 3! The unit was able to cycle through all of the different settings with no issues. Feet, Face, Feet/Face, Defrost, Feet/Defrost. I'm willing to bet this was that omikron guy's problem as well.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #160
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Kudos to you, I bookmarked the site for future references thanks man!
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #161
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this only applies to people who have removed the mode door motor at one point in time. (my old one died) It needs to be reset properly before re-installation. It makes perfect sense if you think about it. The motor itself has no way of knowing where exactly it is on the mode door slider. The wiring just tells it to spin forward or in reverse a certain amount.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #162
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
alright.
I've sucessfully installed 2 fully operational S13 DCC years Ago (cookie for me i guess) and actually just want the better looking Head control Unit from the JDM car into my s14. OEM one Very Bland of course.
I have the extra 20pin/16pin plugs from a old S13 DCC and plan to just Solder them to what I need since they are the same with Diff wire colors/locations.***Since finding a JDM Harness separately is nearly impossible.

ok so If I want to just be able to use it w/o all the Auto climate function and all that crap..from what I've read,There is No addtional Temp control servo Motor for the S14? It just Re-uses what the S14 already has????(unlike the Manual plastic "pull" cable on the S13 oem unit),

i just want Hot heat and cold air when I want it - no inbetween even. Thats about it. No Fresh air option or any of that crap really.Don't need it enough to use it all and would make my wiring a little harder,so I'd like to keep it simple.

Please confirm:
-Need the JDM resistor which I have a spare of those but use the OEM plug into it?
-someone Confirm there is no additional "JDM" Temp control servo Motor?
-Does the S14 sub harness disconnect from the dash harness?? (I haven't taken it apart yet to know) to make Re-pin and solder eaiser I'm guessing?

thanks for the help

anyone have updated pic's (instead of a #chart) of the back side of the 2 Jdm connectors that show wire colors to make re-pin/clarification easier?
Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #163
daftphunk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
daftphunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Can't wait to tackle this myself someday. Pissed cause I have a 95 Base Model and there is no hole beneath the vent piece for the sun load sensor.
daftphunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #164
ctsedan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (17)
ctsedan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Anyone have issues with the illumination? Half of is out, I cant figure out if its the bulbs(leds) or my wiring. Any help
ctsedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #165
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
Hi,
iv'e followed the entire "how to", many thanks it was great help!!

ive duble checked all the wiring etc & i have a cuple of issues with it :
i have tested all the sensor prior to installation by just connecting them to the dcc and running diagnositc mode - they were all ok.

now when i do the self test i get 21,22,25,26 - it dosn't make sense that they are all bad...

on stage 3 i get - 32,33,34,35,36,38,39 - i know i shouldnt worry about the last three but what about the rest?

i can also hear the air mix door motor clicking non stop when i turn the ac on.

any idea which wires i should be looking into?

the pinout i used:

any help would be gladly appriciatde!!
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:05 AM   #166
Om1kron
Post Whore!

read a few posts up, I have yet to confirm that will fix my problem because my mode door motor decided to die yet again lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #167
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
Quote:
read a few posts up, I have yet to confirm that will fix my problem because my mode door motor decided to die yet again lol.
just noticed that,
just to confirm it pins #5,6 on the jdm plug right?
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #168
stance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
stance is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
hey guys I just finished my S14 Dcc over the summer. Only thing that bothers me is when i turn the AC off, the mode door motor always winds down to the feet. and when I turn it back on it will go back to my Forward/face setting.Just wondering if the same thing happens to yours. Is this Default into the DCC? worried the mode door motor may be stressing from it so i bought a spare in case it gives out.
stance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #169
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Alright so I just installed my DCC, switch 1&2 and 5&6 as Robbie said and I can change through all the modes unless the fan speed is at 3 or 4. On 1 or 2 they change through fine til it gets to defrost, at which point it gets stuck. With a little nudge on the arm it will switch back to the correct position so I doubt it's an issue with wiring.

I also added the 2 pins to the plug for 20% recirc and fresh, if that helps. Anyone know what would cause this?

I get error codes 22 & 25 on screen 2 which I'll look into last, and 34, 35, 36, 38, & 39 on screen 3.

Before switching the 4 wires I got 32,33,34,35, & 39 on screen 3.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #170
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
After some messing around, I get 21 on screen 2 and 34 & 35 on screen 3.The only sensor not connected is the temp sensor which I'm about to look up now to see which wire I need
Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #171
DanielS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
DanielS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that cassette player is money!
DanielS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #172
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Can someone please post the corrected wiring guide...
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #173
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

The wiring is for the most part correct. I switched the 4 wires that Robbie posted on page 3 and now I'm only having issues with defrost (34 & 35)
Old 01-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #174
A54
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (40)
A54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Nice DCC thread...
A54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #175
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

My DCC is working 100%. The problem was wires 21-Mode 1 and 31-Mode 4. The writeup wasn't 100% clear on these wires, atleast for me. You have to run a wire for each of these directly to the mode door. Wire 21 goes to Wire 5 on the mode door plug which is L/B. Wire 31 goes to wire 2 which is L/Y. You should have a total of 6 wires going to this plug, not 4. After doing this I got 30 on diag mode 3, so everything is perfect.

Last edited by Hoffman5982; 02-05-2012 at 07:07 PM..
Hoffman5982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #176
mdlesk
Leaky Injector

mdlesk is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by alonroz View Post
Hi,
iv'e followed the entire "how to", many thanks it was great help!!

ive duble checked all the wiring etc & i have a cuple of issues with it :
i have tested all the sensor prior to installation by just connecting them to the dcc and running diagnositc mode - they were all ok.

now when i do the self test i get 21,22,25,26 - it dosn't make sense that they are all bad...

on stage 3 i get - 32,33,34,35,36,38,39 - i know i shouldnt worry about the last three but what about the rest?

i can also hear the air mix door motor clicking non stop when i turn the ac on.

any idea which wires i should be looking into?

any help would be gladly appriciatde!!
Did you get this figured out? I just did my install and I am having the same issue with Diag 2 and 3 results
Old 02-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #177
mdlesk
Leaky Injector

I re-did all of the wiring according to Robbie's post on page 5; however, I still got the below errors:

21,22,25,-26,31,32,33,34,38,39

When I disconnect the +5v (Blue w./ Orange), 21 and 22 went away.

Any ideas?
Old 02-29-2012, 01:48 PM   #178
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hoffman answered these, on this page... also look at page 3.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #179
mdlesk
Leaky Injector

I redid the wiring again and now I am only getting 36 and 39. All level 2 errors are still coming though. I ran the extra 2 wires to the intake motor using the air bag harness pins. I have pin 23 (Intake) connected to Green/Yellow - Pin 23 (DCC) and pin 22 (Intake) connected to Yellow - Pin 24 (DCC).

Are pin 28 and pin 32 (the other intake connections) supposed to be hooked up? If so, where is it supposed to go?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #180
mdlesk
Leaky Injector

After taking another look at the USDM FSM I was able to get a 30. Now I just need to figure out why I am getting every sensor error.