Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Archive and FAQs

Archive and FAQs Archives and Frequently Asked Questions about the 240SX are in here.

Old 02-11-2007, 03:15 PM   #1
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Not all side skirts are created equal - FAQ / guide

Ok since there is a lot of confusion going on these days about side skirts I decide to post some clarification. I will start with S13's

S13's in the 180sx form came in three distinct bodywork series
Zenki= first, Chuki or Chouki (depending on who is spelling it)= middle and Kouki=last.

Now Zenki S13 180's did come with lips but as far as knowledge goes they did not have side skirts. These lips came on the Canadian (only in 90) and American(89-90) 240sx Fastbacks.

Chuki's on the other hand came with a factory optional oem side skirt(urethane) in Japan and quite possibly Europe. They flare out at the bottom at the front and rear wheels and are a very complimentary skirt for our cars. IMHO

Canadian cars also came with a seperate Chuki side skirt and rear valence that were a touch different than the Japanese Chuki skirt. These were stock on 91 Fastback Canadian cars (according to pik420 a Canadian member) and optional on 92-93 Fastbacks.

There was also a non descript rubber Chuki lip that came on most SE Chukis in the U.S. and Super Hicas cars in Canada and Japan.
On a side not a Super Hicas model Chuki 180sx was actually a Chuki Type x! Yes Chuki type X's did exist in Japan. In Canada this car with the KA came with the Chuki skirts ,rear valances and lip.

S13 Silvias came with a different side skirt flatter across the bottom. Again this was a oem factory urethane skirt and was only available in Japan. I.E. not on U.S. or Canada coupes or verts.
People often call these Zenki side skirts but technically that is wrong.

Last but not least in the s13 lineup was the Kouki 180sx skirts. These came on 180sx's in Japan and not only on the type X model though they are quite commonly called kouki type X side skirts. Though they were available on type S, G, R and X 180sx. These also came with the Kouki optional lip and the Kouki rear valences.

Honorable mention goes to Nismo for their side skirt for the 180sx that looked like a chuki but had a small vent at the rear.

On to S14's Zenki and Kouki. Now in the Aero department of S14's only Japanese Zenki s14's came with optional factory aero (urethane)skirts,lip and valence. Canadian S14's had lip only. U.S. S14's were just hosed.
Though with the Kouki S14 the factory urethane aero side skirts and lip were available in the U.S. and Canada as well.

Below is post pics I have culled from my Thai friends Seng's for sale posts and a few other places on the net to show examples of the different skirts.
All OEM factory skirts are urethane and considered desirable by a lot of people due to the durability of Urethane.

Most every other side skirt out there is usually straight fiberglass or FRP. Not as flexable as urethane and prone to cracking.

first pic is Chuki 180sx side skirts
Canadian Chuki side skirt and rear valence [

second pic is S13 Silvia side skirts ,

Kouki 180sx side skirts

S14 Zenki Japanese oem side skirts

S14 kouki pic and Nismo S13 pics to come

I hope this clarifies things so people know exactly what they are addressing side skirt wise
thanks to Matt89 and errr for showing the Canadian side skirts and differences and to Pik420 aka Bryce for giving me Canadian dates.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html

Last edited by drift freaq; 05-30-2007 at 10:24 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #2
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I was under the impression that the canadian sideskirts are flatter like the Silvia skirts.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
great post ~ good to know what the hell people are talking about when they're addressing OEM skirts.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 02-11-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
eerrrrr
Zilvia Junkie

eerrrrr will become famous soon enougheerrrrr will become famous soon enougheerrrrr will become famous soon enough
canaidan side skirts r different from jdm side skirts. ive had both. candian skirts look like this:

very similar to the s13 ones, but not exactly, and very different from the chuki 180sx
Old 02-11-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by eerrrrr
canaidan side skirts r different from jdm side skirts. ive had both. candian skirts look like this:

very similar to the s13 ones, but not exactly, and very different from the chuki 180sx
are those urethane? Are you 100% sure they are Canadian? I have friends that had Canadian cars here in the states and the skirts were exactly like my chuki skirts, or so I thought hahaha. I could be wrong but as soon as Halo drops by we will have a definitive answer to it. If your are right I will edit the post to reflect it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!

Last edited by drift freaq; 02-11-2007 at 04:39 PM..
Old 02-11-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
eerrrrr
Zilvia Junkie

eerrrrr will become famous soon enougheerrrrr will become famous soon enougheerrrrr will become famous soon enough
these r not oem candians, but they r replicas. from what ive seen, they look exactly like the ones i posted. theres a couple of ppl from canada that has these on (that white one with the cdm side and rear and bings front lip, and that red one with cdm sides and rear). come confirm please. maybe theres 2 types???
Old 02-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Canadian sideskirts are urethane and they look like this:

(this pic is a replica in fiberglass)

That rear lip is also oem canadian, I have both on my car.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
eerrrrr
Zilvia Junkie

those r exactly like mine candians. my were polyurethane replicas.
Old 02-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #9
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

thank you Matt and I will edit the info to reflect. Do you mind if I use the pic of your car for the Canadian side skirt info.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:17 PM   #10
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Not at all. It's actually the PDM racing car, which is where i took that picture from. If you feel you should switch it out, here is the best picture of my car for the sideskirts:

Dont mind the 4x4 lift, and the fact that it looks orange
Old 02-11-2007, 04:19 PM   #11
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

hahaha now that I look at it again I realized thats Don's car. I don't think he would mind though. If you could get a straight on side shot of your car Matt to show them that would be dope.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #12
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For S14's you could get the "Zenki" side skirts on the Kouki from the factory. The navan wing too. Someone posted a scan of the brochure a while back.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #13
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Good info, Dave, I will whisk this away to the FAQ section now.

And I write too!