Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
CASilForty
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
CASilForty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Question s13 replacement seat choices

Anyone have a definitive understanding of what Nissan/Infiniti seats can be swapped to the s13 chassis with minimal effort such as either a switch in rails or minor mod to existing s13 rails?? I'm looking at a set of z32 seats kinda seriously but want to make sure i know what I'm getting into. I have however seen them in an s13 before so I know they fit. Questions I have are:
1.) How do they ride in a 5speed S chassis?
2.) Is there special hardware mods to the rails?
3.)which ones (the S chassis rails or the Z chassis rails)?
4.) can the electrics in the seats be wired in to the S chassis wiring harness?
5.) if yes to question 4, other than the seat sub harness, what other Z chassis wiring or parts would I need best case scenario?

I really like the G35 buckets too, tho not as cushy looking as the z32 seat. But ultimately since its my daily driver, I want to get the best ride possible, preserve that fresh factory nissan look and not be broadcasting that my car is modded beyond a few interior parts and body panels.

SERIOUSLY: If you think I'm outta my mind doing this, suggest an alternative, but keep it stock (factory nissan parts). The car has a full coil over pkg w/z32 punkin and front brakes, rucas, outer rod ends and nu rack n pinion, a newly rebuilt KA-DE with a very conservative performance build and no ground effects whatsoever. I would really rather it continue to look like a "stock" JDM'd import cruise tuner on sexy rims than a full on tuned drift rig.
Thks a bunch in advance for your time.....

Thks again......

Last edited by CASilForty; 02-09-2010 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: 2nd shout for help
CASilForty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links