Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:47 PM   #61
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
yea I'm down for $100-$200 an event if we can find a good venue (not cone dodging). I plan to tow my shit to socal as soon as its ready to go again too, but I'd rather have some local shit going on. Also at track days people act fuckin stupid and this reflects badly on NCDA and the drifting community. Thundergrip, 13 ppl off first lap, G&S1 people hanging out the back of cars on the track drifting trying to get footage, shit like that. We all have to come together as a community and stop being fuckin retarded and show them that drifting is serious and not something that just comes and goes. Its just so hard with all the hard parking posers ghost riding there whips ect.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #62
gbond15
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
gbond15 will become famous soon enoughgbond15 will become famous soon enoughgbond15 will become famous soon enoughgbond15 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the reason it shut down had nothing to do with the cover charge being 60$. NCDA was covering it by charging that. We paid that cause we wanted to get more people to get off the street and on the track. If we had to charge $150 we would have. All it comes down to is Altamont officials dont want NCDA there in general. I can see events happing there in the future but run by the track itslef and them charging 200$
im upset because they pulled the plug three days before the event was supposed to happen. I will probrobly end up driving down to socal for events but i would've rather had a norcal amt. series that was stress free of that shitty drive. oh well ,shit happens, who cares.

lets driving
Old 05-17-2006, 08:31 PM   #63
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
I think what we need to do is get a rally of every one that was going to attend for this thursday's night drift. Stand at the gates and call channel 2news, that there is an uproar at altamont raceway, maybe the city council, owners of Altamont, and the county of Alameda will hear us out and understand our ploy, if we make it an issue. I took the day off work tomorrow, I say we raise hell and do something about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 08:43 PM   #64
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Well todd and i will be there tomorrow turning people away.

Come join us if you want.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:16 PM   #65
santacruisin
Zilvia Junkie

santacruisin is an unknown quantity at this point
There is one track...El Calle Speedway. Open 24 hours with open passing and 10^5899 miles of tarmac. Track Marshall is a bitch tho.

We all wanted to be legit but now, meh, who cares?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:22 AM   #66
YUNG DRIF
Zilvia Junkie

YUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to YUNG DRIF
mannnnn wtf first dd then this. i waited for months and i get on the comp tonite to read its been cancelled man fukked that i bought hella tires and some more shit got my car prepped . i couldnt even sleep some nites cause of the fukkin track and noww this. so how did this get cancelled and is there people still goin to altamont to chill or something . were is a teenager gonna go dumb at. im tired of gettin tickets
Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 AM   #67
mooboy
Zilvia Junkie

mooboy is making a name for him/her selfmooboy is making a name for him/her self
From NCDA.net:

At begining of 2006 we sat down with Riverside Motorsport whom is the managing company for Altamont Motorsport Park to secure the park for the 2006 season of Night Drift. Mr. Kenny Shepard the general manager who was filled with anticipation and excitment promised us the track will go through construction and agreed to host the 2006 Night Drift season. As spring comes along so did the rain and caused a construction delay and cancellation of the first 2 scheduled Night Drifts which no one could prevent. During early April we got the word that the county of Alameda was having some concern over drifting and is requiring a hearing and petition to reconsider allowing drifting.

However the May 18th Night Drift was still promised a green light from Mr. Kenny Shepard but all participants have to show good behavior in order for the county and authority to futher consider drifting at Altamont. During first week of May Mr. Shepard claimed to witness 5-7 unindentified cars showed up at Midway road in front of Altamont race way on May 4th and were driving wrecklessly. After a personal meeting with Mr. Shepard on May 9th he instructed Henry Ahn and I to send out the message and gather all NCDA supporters and driver to promise good behavior with signatures before he "feels" confortable with hosting the May 18th Night Drift. On May 15th I contacted Mr. Shepard and was prepared to show him over 100 signatures that were gathered and to discuss details to prevent complaints and enforcing rules against wreckless driving on Midway road. On evening of May 16th which is less then 48 hours away from May 18th Night Drift I recieved an E-mail from Mr. Shapard stating "you need to put the word that there is no drifting at AMP during this month or until we get the permit problems related to drifting resolved." All the way until this Email was received by me NCDA was under the assumption by the promise of Mr. Shepard that May 18th Night Drift will go on. I just want to share with you what happend and what took place. NCDA staff and I feel we have done everything we can to put Night Drift 2006 on the map without any negligence. It is my deepest regret the effort to organize Night Drift 2006 has to end this way without Altamont being recognized for the problems they caused at the expense of having NCDA's marketing credibility ruined. All I ask now is for fellow NCDA supporters to stick together while the combined force of corporations and government are all against amateur drifting.

Thank you for years of support.

Todd Ho
Old 05-18-2006, 01:06 PM   #68
santacruisin
Zilvia Junkie

santacruisin is an unknown quantity at this point
That means if we want any chance of NCDA Night Drift at Altamont then NO TOUGE or STREET DRIFTING in ALAMEDA COUNTY!!!!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:26 PM   #69
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
no touge or street drifting anywhere. That shit will just make your car shittier.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #70
monkey7
Zilvia Member

monkey7 is making a name for him/her selfmonkey7 is making a name for him/her self
I e-mailed Altamont's events manager and this is what I got.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are continuing to work with the drifting associations to try and get
several drifting events on the schedule. Keep an eye on the web page we will
try to keep you updated. JIM

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:26 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Question about the night drift
Old 05-18-2006, 04:30 PM   #71
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

BigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfectionBigVinnie is close to perfection
Well to me it sounds as if Kenny Shepard realized he can make all the money to himself. Why the fuck would of anybody showed up on May 4th, it doesn't make any sence to me unless who ever did it was extremely retarded. If he is looking at a petition of 100people he knows that he can easily double that on a Thursday night for himself, he is basically going to make his own revenue.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:35 PM   #72
OMGWTFBBQ
Zilvia Addict

OMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to OMGWTFBBQ
^^ if thats the case..
he screwed ncda to make $$ for himself.. i say we boycott

guess we just have to wait and see though
Old 05-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #73
YUNG DRIF
Zilvia Junkie

YUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to beholdYUNG DRIF is a splendid one to behold
ok so i went down to altamont , saw there was no cars or nothing, waiting for some one to come , and it was so tempting to go on the track cause the gates was open but i didnt cause i was smarter than that. then i start talkin to a white guy that worked there , sayin they love any kind of racing and support drifting , he said some damn crazy mexican doode lives rite next to the track and he was the one complainin and thats how the permit issue came in or some thing sayin it only takes one person to mess things up , and i forgot the rest. i have a problem focusing i have adhd
Old 05-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #74
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ
^^ if thats the case..
he screwed ncda to make $$ for himself.. i say we boycott

Of course he did, all business men do is steal other peoples ideas when they have the opportunity and call it there own. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny Shepard reopened Altamont in 2 weeks from now with his advertising and a $150 to drift on the track, and $10 to watch, sounds like he's getting greedy like Infineon Raceway. After all it's under new management at Altamont, and they just spent a couple hundred thousand to redo the pavement. There not stupid and they will open it up to us they just don't want the NCDA to have any control of there motorpark. The only way to do that officially is to discredit the NCDA, and that sucks ass.
Here is where the real complication lies, the NCDA didn't make a written contract agreement, but if the NCDA was to take it to court under verbal agreement, all I can say is a huge pay out to the NCDA no matter what the stipulation is. Kenny agreed the use of the track, renigged on his agreement, and is discrediting the NCDA that technically they were the violators on there complaint.....Thats not how the law works, Kenny is wrong and could be up shit creek if NCDA choses to take legal action.
Just think about it for a bit, what if the NCDA put thousands of dollars into advertising over this agreement.. NCDA would of gone broke, and it would of been Kenny's fault...
Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #75
YUNG DRIF
Zilvia Junkie

mannn i hella thought about that ur hella smart, were hella smart that has to be illegal backin out on a written contract sayin its ok then backin out cause of something happeinin non related to the track , jus start threatin shepard like im gonna take this to court boo ya
Old 05-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #76
BigVinnie
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUNG DRIF
sayin its ok then backin out cause of something happeinin non related to the track

Bingo.... NCDA was unable to take responsibility for any actions taking place on May 4th (IMO if anything really happened), it was also that it would not be open on May 4th. There is NO PROOF that they were drifters or anyone associated with the NCDA on May 4th for that matter, after all the claim was wreckless driving not drifting.......
The NCDA is being punished by Kenny renigging an agreement.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:47 PM   #77
blu808
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
blu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfectionblu808 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blu808
Ok todd and i just got back from altamont. I have to say that viewing the new track is breath taking. I could picture the tires smoking, and cars sliding. Unfortunatly we did'nt get a chance to talk with the management, so todd and i just sat at the front gate to see if anyone showed up. Which they didnt.

A interesting thing i noticed was that there was no skid marks on any of the streets close by or in the altamont property. The only marks were from people locking up their brakes.

I call bs on altamonts claim.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #78
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu808
Ok todd and i just got back from altamont. I have to say that viewing the new track is breath taking. I could picture the tires smoking, and cars sliding. Unfortunatly we did'nt get a chance to talk with the management, so todd and i just sat at the front gate to see if anyone showed up. Which they didnt.

A interesting thing i noticed was that there was no skid marks on any of the streets close by or in the altamont property. The only marks were from people locking up their brakes.

I call bs on altamonts claim.
I agree 100%, this is basically a Scam. Sad day for me.... I was really counting on going. My friend from OC came up to my apt. this week with his s14. I couldnt get ahold of him...to tell him it was postponed.

so we had our own fun (Partying)

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 05-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #79
YUNG DRIF
Zilvia Junkie

mannnnnnnnnnn thats wat i said there was no kind of marks hes jus makin shit up . i drove out there like at 1 and was there till 3 hella bored dribbling my b ball wit my friend
Old 05-18-2006, 09:10 PM   #80
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
if ncda sues altamont.. it only brings bad blood into the mix.. altamont can pay ncda whatever the amount it.. the amount might be a huge amount to us, but probably is a small sum to altamont since they have millions into their business. then they can refuse NCDA to ever use their track and they can still advertise and open up their own events. of course, we can boycott.. but for how long? some people might "break" like unionized workers on strike and just go to their events b/c its a nearby track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #81
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshift_sideways
so we had our own fun...
... :hammer:
Old 05-18-2006, 09:20 PM   #82
OMGWTFBBQ
Zilvia Addict

OMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of lightOMGWTFBBQ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
so we had our own fun
I hope by that you meant you made out or something
Old 05-18-2006, 09:23 PM   #83
dct223
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
dct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nicedct223 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dct223
Quote:

so we had our own fun...
GOOD JOB!!!! you should re-read all the altamont night drift drama and have a revalation that your no better off than those punks who had their own fun around midway road.

A+ for being retarded
Old 05-18-2006, 09:26 PM   #84
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Hahahahahaha, I just realized what you guys are talking about, I should edit my original post. . . We ended up drinking @ my apt. with other guys...
hahaha editing now...b4 i get pwned some more..

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

Old 05-18-2006, 09:38 PM   #85
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
boycott altamont
Old 05-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #86
OMGWTFBBQ
Zilvia Addict

if it came to a boycott..
it would only take like 2-3 events for them get the point i think
if we passed it on to club4ag and stuff
Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 PM   #87
Ritz S14
Post Whore!

Ritz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud ofRitz S14 has much to be proud of
Do you think boycotting the Altamont will really work? We've all been waiting for a nice track. Hell, we've all been waiting for A track. Boycotting it, will probably just make things more disappointing. The "re-discovery" of the Altamont, is a dream to many, especially to those locally. It's not going to get very far, and people will eventually break if they have that drive in them. Of course what they're doing is fucked up, but as the underdogs, what can we really do? They have what we want, and we damn sure want it BAD.

If you guys decide to boycott it, it can't just be on drift events, it has to be on every event. To get the message across, you guys would have to be there on all of their events. If you have a car, I'm sure you have a job. With a job, I doubt you'll have the time to picket on their every event.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #88
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
I'll drive up from San Diego to boycott that shit.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #89
P4rD0nM3
Zilvia FREAK!

P4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of lightP4rD0nM3 is a glorious beacon of light
blue808, come here in Grand Junction, CO. Track every weekend for you to drift. $65 drift all day.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:07 PM   #90
OMGWTFBBQ
Zilvia Addict

I do think a boycott could work
if they hold their own drifting event and we got as many people as we could to not participate, I think we could get to them then maybe work something out
if you've waited this long to drift, why not just wait a bit longer untill we resolve things
Closed Thread