Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 03-31-2015, 01:10 PM   #1
wheresmycoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wheresmycoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ka24de no start!! biggest headache

Alright so I decided to put the Ka back in my car after I blew up my Sr. Worst decision ever

When I first swapped the Ka back in it cranked but wouldn't start. Turns out there was no spark ended up getting new spark plugs, ignition coil, cap and rotor.. boom it started. Really hesitant (meaning a couple cranks) but it started.

After it started I found I had a misfire. Problem was 2 of my injectors were bad. Switch them out with altima injectors it started to run perfect.

My starting problem still happened though, the motor would crank and crank with no start then it would sputter up and die, couple more cranks and it would fire up. Sounded like there was no back pressure cause I have a test pipe and blast pipes from the Sr setup. So I put a cat in it to give in some back pressure. Now it won't start at all.

Checked for spark, there is none I have 12 volts coming out of the ign coil to the distributor cap. No spark at the spark plugs

need a little guidance to what might be my issue
wheresmycoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
wheresmycoupe
Leaky Injector

Shortly after posting this I put the ecu in diagnostic mode and got codes 11(cam shaft position sensor),21(ignition primary),34 (knock sensor... which is not connected)
New Distributor?
Old 03-31-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Your ECU won't allow any spark if it suspects a faulty CAS. You need to focus on fixing the code 11 before you waste your time diagnosing any of the other issues.

The cat you installed could have been clogged. If it were, the engine wouldn't be able to stay running very long.

Have you done a compression check? Low compression could be the reason for the engine starting and running poorly.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:59 PM   #4
wheresmycoupe
Leaky Injector

Update: I've tried a different distributor and a different ecu(thinking I burned mine out), even with a different ecu the same codes ar present (11,21). Removed the cat and still nothing. I can hear the fuel pump prime and and I hear it running after a couple cranks. What relays should I check?