Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-05-2016, 09:49 AM   #31
stevenrapids
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
stevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond reputestevenrapids has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you can pick up clean DE's for less than most beat to shit 240's now. It's a no brainer...at least here in the Midwest. People asking 6k for a stock 240sx with rust when I can get an 03 z for less that is cleaner. If you find a DE that has been well maintained why wouldn't you just buy one cash instead of financing an HR?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2016, 12:02 PM   #32
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can get a G35/G37 and have usable back seats and junk for less than 240's. ONLY reason I got one. 10k for an 03 with brembos, heated seats, nav, roof, 6spd in great condition under 100k miles or 10k for S14 "project" that can't pass inspection and has no a/c and "only 160k on chassis".
Old 12-05-2016, 03:20 PM   #33
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I feel like I'd rather pay for the benefits of the HR engine if anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #34
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
I've had an HR (years ago when I didn't have kids and junk) and I felt no better about it than I did my DE. But, hey if your butt dyno is telling you differently, then have at it.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:33 PM   #35
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I'm at the point now where I have to get a secured credit card to build my credit score up higher. I couldn't get the loan for the car, and I got denied for a credit card as well. This is after switching to Navy Fed. Oh well, maybe in a year or so. Now I've gotta figure something else out. The employee at Navy Fed said I would not need to maintain a rolling balance on the card to build interest, I could just pay it off every month. Lots of other people have said that I must maintain at least 10% utilization on the card or I won't build credit, but at the same time to never go above 30% utilization. Yay adulting.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:07 PM   #36
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

So... Two months later, one sold 92 240sx daily, one payed off credit card, and 3500 down and this guy just got his first financed car! A 2008 Base, 71k Miles, and a 3 year powertrain warranty. RIP paychecks [emoji24]

Last edited by TheRealSy90; 02-08-2017 at 01:42 PM..
Old 02-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #37
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Nice!

I'm still here with mine for sale
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:18 PM   #38
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I would have looked at private sellers but I couldn't get financed through my bank. Ended up with 9.99% through the stealership.

Old 02-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #39
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I would have looked at private sellers but I couldn't get financed through my bank. Ended up with 9.99% through the stealership.

Their buy rate was probably lower than what they sold it to you for.

Try to refinance it in a few months or just throw a little extra each month to the principal.

Congrats on the purchase!

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:45 PM   #40
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
What was the final price all set and paid off with that of a rate?
Old 02-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #41
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Now that I think about it, it's a base model. I didn't realize enthusiasts had cruise control and this one doesn't...

I'm paying 22k after all the fees, warranty, financing, interest etc... a lot I'm sure.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #42
future
Post Whore!

Bruh........

You had my car practically finished for 14k lol

Talk about getting killed. I know it's your first car but financially that's a horrible deal
Old 02-08-2017, 01:43 PM   #43
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Bruh........

You had my car practically finished for 14k lol
Well, I didn't have 14k.

I had 3,500. So that's what I put as my down payment.

I doubt you would have took 3,500 and payments for yours even if I offered 20k in the end.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:04 PM   #44
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It's all good brother. Need to get a friend or family member to get into a credit union. Then refinance that baby for around 4%. Also the best way I found to build credit up is to get a bs card and buy gas on it rack it up some and pay it off keep doing this and u will have grate credit in no time.
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #45
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Yeah, so they called me back and couldn't approve me at the 10% interest that I signed the contract for, and had to raise it to 16% and asked me to come re-sign. I said i'll bring the car back and would like my deposit back. I've just had a shitty feeling all day long about paying 22k in the end for a 2008 base model Z that has faded paint and dents in the fenders already.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:38 PM   #46
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sex_s14
want to start off with saying Congrats!!!! do refi within 12 months of making on time payments!!! the payment at the end is wayyyyyy to over priced!

Also wanted to mention, I'm a field agent for State Farm! make sure to keep your record clean from accidents which are rated for 6 years if held at 51/49 (basically at fault or partially) and 3 years for moving violations. Only time an insurance company will excuse the ticket is after Traffic School (Paying the ticket via court does not take it off your record)

Keep us in the loop for any mods!
240sex_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:48 PM   #47
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
If you want to spend 22k, look for a Nismo.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #48
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
U made the right decision man! keep saving and buy one in cash
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #49
future
Post Whore!

Yeah look more

My friend opened a new account at a credit union just for the car loan application and was approved with 2500 down and bought a car for 15k

I bight my Z with 0 down and the car was 15.5.

You made the right choice sending that car back. Way too expensive!
Old 02-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #50
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, so they called me back and couldn't approve me at the 10% interest that I signed the contract for, and had to raise it to 16% and asked me to come re-sign. I said i'll bring the car back and would like my deposit back. I've just had a shitty feeling all day long about paying 22k in the end for a 2008 base model Z that has faded paint and dents in the fenders already.
Honestly, this was the smart thing to do.

Burying yourself in a 9 (or 10 year old car depending on when it was actually built) was not very wise. Part of the reason why your interest rate was so high was due to the age of the car.

Build your credit up, even if it means leasing a cheap 4-door if you need a reliable daily driver.

Back when Scion was around, they had some great leasing programs for first time buyers.

I managed to help my brother lease a new 2016 Scion iM for $165/mo.

Obviously the car might not be for everyone, but how are you going to say no to a driving brand new car with free maintenance for the first two years for under $6 bucks a day.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #51
Alpod

Alpod is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'd feel the same way, except I wouldn't have even done your initial deal. There's better options out their just keep looking and be vigilant!
Alpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 05:12 AM   #52
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

350z HR as first (new) car

So update again...

I couldn't get out of the car. Since I refused to re sign at the 16% they wanted, somehow they "figured out" how to maintain the 10% interest I originally signed for...
So with that I remained locked in.
Although I did manage to talk them into fixing the few dents it had and repainting the car.

Old 02-09-2017, 06:58 AM   #53
future
Post Whore!

The power of your signature

Sorry bro. Take this as a learning experience. Cause you can't ever sell that car and not loose a ton
Old 02-09-2017, 07:56 AM   #54
Alpod

Alpod is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So update again...

I couldn't get out of the car. Since I refused to re sign at the 16% they wanted, somehow they "figured out" how to maintain the 10% interest I originally signed for...
So with that I remained locked in.
Although I did manage to talk them into fixing the few dents it had and repainting the car.

Hence the "stealership" designation haha. Enjoy the car, make your payments, and don't beat yourself up. As someone else said take it as a learning experience!
Alpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:56 AM   #55
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=157277947
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:41 AM   #56
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Easy easy easy. Why is everyone beating the kid up. And don't be THAT guy that's post all these "better deals" after it's already too late.

Babying a financed car is the equivalent of buying a house and sleeping in a tent on the lawn so you don't "mess it up". It's not drifting a car that's the problem. It's getting a car that you might not be able to afford, in the first place.

We all modify cars. Our very hobby is a bad financial decision whether we pay cash or whether we end up paying finance charges. If you get into a car trying to penny pinch, you should not get into that car or this hobby. That's not an open license to go all stupid and dig a hole that you can't get out of, but, if you purchased a car to have fun, have fun.

You're going to lose money every time you get a (newer) car. If you spend your entire time worrying about that, you're going to end being a miserable old man who yells at kids to get off your lawn and holds on to their baseball. Just enjoy the car dude.
Old 02-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #57
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NVM.

You already puchased. Enjoy the car man! At least they are painting it up and fixing the body. They fucking better be.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:21 PM   #58
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Yeah, I'm going to do my best to ignore the "Total amount payed after financing" price on the paperwork and try to just enjoy the car, at least for the three years of powertrain warranty that I payed for.

I wish I would have just bought the 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart that I already had my mind set on... But no of course I had to swing by the 350z I liked first...
Old 02-09-2017, 05:24 PM   #59
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My god that interest rate though. Look into transferring that balance to a lower interest loan after you build your credit up.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 11:09 AM   #60
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
at least for the three years of powertrain warranty that I payed for.

I wish I would have just bought the 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart that I already had my mind set on... But no of course I had to swing by the 350z I liked first...
Oh, well that's nice at least. Get your use out of it for sure!

Ehhhhhh that Lancer wagon definitely would have driven like a total dog. I think you'll be happier here.