Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #61
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post

Just apply USDM S-Chassis logic to the FRS:

1.) Buy it stock
2.) Say the lack of power doesn't bother you
3.) Cave and finally SR swap it (in this case turbo kit, GReddy is CARB legal)

The same logic applies. I'm honestly disheartened that I sold mine. It would've been awesome by now. I'm in fucking Japan and That car is still on my shortlist of cars to own.
It was said before that the FRS is the next 240, I makes perfect sense considering an S14 was priced at the price point of the FRS l, adjusted for inflation.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2017, 02:19 AM   #62
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
It was said before that the FRS is the next 240, I makes perfect sense considering an S14 was priced at the price point of the FRS l, adjusted for inflation.
This is common knowledge to me. That's my point: people always compare the ZN6 to turbo'd cars.

If you and I get it I don't know why everyone is still bitching.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:01 AM   #63
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
its all good bro, its just the internet
You two guys give me hope
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:17 AM   #64
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I think a header and tune fixes up about 75% of the complaints.

The community isn't great, but there are enough people who are building semi-serious track/autox cars that there are some decent parts getting developed and ok knowledge sharing.

Mine rattles a bit but that's after I've added poly inserts everywhere and stiffer motor mounts.

Most people are playing playskool my first sports car with their zn6 so there's tons of cringe and doing it wrong.

As far as the rest of the article, it's spot on.
All I see down here in AZ are hoards of those "playing playskool my first sports car" kids, it sucks. Luckily, with literally millions of people in the area, there are enough actual knowledgeable car guys in the area that I'm not alone, ha ha. I've found that the local R32 and G20 groups are the most down to earth crowd when it comes to single chassis ownership. A handful of good S Chassis dudes, but the rest are the typical kids. There's like 2 or 3 good ZN6 dudes, ha ha.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:29 AM   #65
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
That's every <25 'car guy' right now, though. The people buying r32s and g20s are old.

There is a good group of 86 guys around here who do track days, etc., but it's <5% of the owners. Tons and tons of them at autocross nationally (also not <25 kids) so that helps.

Really it's a matter of being into a specific car or marque vs. being into cars generally. Not a lot of 'car guys' left, period.

But why would there be? As we've determined, all the new japanese cars suck, and the old stuff is either all ruined (s13s, older civics) or way too expensive to get into (FD, mkIV supra, etc).
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 AM   #66
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Very true. Although a good number of the G20 guys are mid 20's, but they all hang out with older dudes like myself, so they learn, ha ha. The G20 guys are the ones who go karting too, which is funny.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:40 AM   #67
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Do you think it was a fear tactic that drove the mass population to buy shitty safe cars?
- law that requites all cars to have airbags(you are likely to die from an airbag or from the firefighters not being able to cut you out of a car in time due to one of the airbags not going off)

- law that requires all cars to have abs (because every American drives on ice and wet roads every day and they need to be able to stop on ice from 70mph -0mph safely....here is an idea, don't drive like an idiot in hazardous conditions)

- law that requires all cars to have vehicle stability control (it's not a matter of if, but when the Toyota Corolla will lose control, you need computers to keep you safe)

- law that requires trunks to have release hinges (because every person at least once in their life will be abducted via trunk)

I don't know how a s13 got away with no airbags, no abs, no stability control, no lsd...
lets not forget mandated reverse cameras. because people need a tv to reverse these days....
Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 AM   #68
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

FormulaDz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
A quick summary of this thread so far;

Japanese Cars Suck -> No they don't -> Yes they do american cars are better -> All new cars suck -> Electric Cars Suck -> Self-driving Electric cars suck even more -> Electric self-drivers will take over the world -> The ZN6 isn't that bad though. Haha what a funny thread to browse.
FormulaDz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #69
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Hi, welcome to forums.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #70
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Hello.

I just wanted to add that while boring electric cars will likely take over the world, boring cars are already everywhere and have been for a while. Self drivers will cause the real problem because they will eventually lead to government mandated zones where you will not be allowed to have control of your own car for 'safety reasons'. This will lead to self-drivers being the only available option with non-self-drivers being too much to insure and that will be the end of nearly all car culture. Motorcycle culture will be one of the last to go. I give this all about 40 years to go down.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #71
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
I went with the turbo metaphor because the complaint always seems to revolve around forced induction.

The majority of dudes bitching about the ZN6 wouldn't be happy with 240WHP. Everything is excess nowadays.

There are so many idiots here buying GTRs, Supras, and Chasers. The first two are normally the only two Japanese cars these guys have ever heard of. The last one is the 'new cool thing' on base. Plenty of people are touching 800HP+ but when asked why they always say "just to have it." Excess. Same shit with the ZN6. How many horses can you really use before you're eating shit or getting multiple tickets.
+1, I Agree.

Its funny, people want more horsepower for it but I see plenty of people my age wrecking the shit with the 200 it comes with.
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:09 PM   #72
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have to say the new generation of Japanese cars should impress. We have boosted Nissans, Infinities, Honda's and Subbies etc.. What is not to like? Once these cars drop in price over the years the tuning market will just grow!
Old 03-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #73
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
here's a nice infiniti... just an example of a modern car done right.

its all about how creative and passionate you are.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:06 PM   #74
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

I had a G35 Coupe 6MT Sport. While it looked good, I sold it within a year, because it didn't excite me enough to keep making payments on it. It was heavy, it didn't handle like how I would've liked, and if you put test pipes on them, they sound like dog shit.

Last edited by 2_Liter_Turbo; 03-29-2017 at 02:46 PM..
Old 03-29-2017, 02:27 PM   #75
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Every car being discussed and reminisced about here was an involved driving experience. A stancy g35 has nothing to do with that.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM   #76
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I give up on this thread.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #77
e1_griego
Post Whore!

The original post is from Mike Kojima and posted on motoiq....
Old 03-29-2017, 03:48 PM   #78
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do Japanese car manufacturers go to the same guy to get their oem wheel design? Because I cannot believe that multiple companies can make such ugly wheels.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:12 PM   #79
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I dont understand the reason for the article, let alone the purpose of this thread.

I have nothing against Mike Kojima, but after reading that article he's sound like an old cry baby thats bitching about the past. I'm not as old as Mike (but close enough), and I love a lot of the older cars he mentioned in his article. But whats the fucking point? Are we supposed to praise the tin-can-cars of yesterday? Are manufacturers supposed to stick to a formula of cheap-and-good... forever? Car manufacturers progress and they need to cater to the masses. Meanwhile, they need to comply with the shit ton of newly proposed regulations.

So kiss your 2000lb Sentra SE-R out the fucking window, because our government isnt having it.

The new Miata and the 86 are the closest thing to cheap and good thats being offered, and guess what... they're not profiting hand over fist over it. They sell a few thousand and life goes on.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #80
e1_griego
Post Whore!

But nostalgia is fun!

There's a guy on seattle CL asking $8k for a b13 SE-R right now lol.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #81
Malik
Nissanaholic!

this thread does sound like a giant whining rant.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #82
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
this thread does sound like a giant whining rant.
'Tiss true that car manufacturers listen to the public opinion as much as the US government does to the presidential votes.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 06:25 AM   #83
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
By that time, AI would not only control cars, but the majority of human life. Skynet would then begin to be self aware begin to control these cars eliminate people against their own self interests.
[Begin sarcasm]
Hey man, we humans need to stop doing all the menial shit and focus on more beneficial and creative work. Once robots start doing all the hard work, then we will get a nice universal income that will totally pay MORE than what we get now, since my my special snowflake life is worth so much to the government.

We also shouldn't ever have opinions that are contrary to what the government tells us to think, you wouldn't want to be like those tinfoil hat wearing psychos who are always wrong and don't know what they're talking about.

[End sarcasm]
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:01 AM   #84
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

The new Miata and the 86 are the closest thing to cheap and good thats being offered, and guess what... they're not profiting hand over fist over it. They sell a few thousand and life goes on.
The Miata sold it's 1,000,000th Miata April 22nd 2016. Yeah, not making a profit, but damn! Best selling roadster of all time by far
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:53 AM   #85
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
I went with the turbo metaphor because the complaint always seems to revolve around forced induction.

I was on the verge of headers/OFT when I ultimately decided to pull the plug and start out.

The majority of dudes bitching about the ZN6 wouldn't be happy with 240WHP. Everything is excess nowadays.

There are so many idiots here buying GTRs, Supras, and Chasers. The first two are normally the only two Japanese cars these guys have ever heard of. The last one is the 'new cool thing' on base. Plenty of people are touching 800HP+ but when asked why they always say "just to have it." Excess. Same shit with the ZN6. How many horses can you really use before you're eating shit or getting multiple tickets.
Ehh, I don't think it's so much how much horsepower the car would have, but more so the fact that it would have had forced induction stock. Hell, it could have had 20 more horsepower but with a quick spooling turbo that gave it 200 ft lbs of torque and the car would have been that much more exciting and marketable. There's nothing wrong with having a n/a base model zn6, but I think they could have made the car more appealing if they had offered a version with more hp/tq...especially since subaru already has blueprints of turbo boxers from their wrx/sti lineup. Most people that buy turbo cars just leave it stock and if they do mod it, they just do bolt ons and turbo charms like BOV's and turbo timers. They just like the fact that it's turbo even if it's just a bit faster than stock.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:20 AM   #86
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
^^^

The thing is, throwing a bunch of bolt-ons on a factory NA car nets you basically fuck all in terms of power. Sure you can increase response and change the curve a bit, but really all you end up doing is making the thing louder.

Toss the same basic bolt-ons on a factory turbo car and you'll actually see measurable gains.

Even if the ZN6 had a little more power, say 225, your ceiling with bolt ons would still be only like 15ish hp higher if we're being realistic.

I'd much rather have a factory turbo pushing just around 200, which I could throw some big pipes on and some sort of re-flash tune to get to mid 200's. Plus turbo noises are sweet.

IMO between 250 and 300 is the butter zone for fun and reliability seeing as you can keep the engine relatively stock given you chose a correct platform. Last few cars I tracked were:

1J Cressida ~280
HR 350z ~280
RB25 s14 ~240

~200hp is too low for NA. If I need to add FI, or crack the block/head open to make any real power, I'm just not interested. Too much work for my ass and it's more prone to catastrophic failure.

On topic now: Yes. All cars suck.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #87
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
[Begin sarcasm]
Hey man, we humans need to stop doing all the menial shit and focus on more beneficial and creative work. Once robots start doing all the hard work, then we will get a nice universal income that will totally pay MORE than what we get now, since my my special snowflake life is worth so much to the government.

We also shouldn't ever have opinions that are contrary to what the government tells us to think, you wouldn't want to be like those tinfoil hat wearing psychos who are always wrong and don't know what they're talking about.

[End sarcasm]
Wait did you just try to make this political?

Take that shit to Facebook where it belongs
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:09 PM   #88
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
Wait did you just try to make this political?

Take that shit to Facebook where it belongs
First statement was in reference to autonomous anything. Second statement was a little more political but the point was more to show how people will just accept things as how they are and not do shit to change it besides whine about it(kinda like this thread)

It's not just Zilvia, many car forums/enthusiasts have just turned into "politicians" speculating topics such as
-young/new owners of a chassis vs OGs
-Millenials
-prices of anything and everything
-Carlos Ghosn
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #89
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Here's a peak of the possible future.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/7/148...eva-motor-show

I realize this is conceptual but I think it illustrates the direction in which the industry is going and what those industry leaders think people want or should have. The post-industrialized world will look very different is another 20 or 30 years I think.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #90
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaDz92 View Post
Here's a peak of the possible future.

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/7/148...eva-motor-show

I realize this is conceptual but I think it illustrates the direction in which the industry is going and what those industry leaders think people want or should have. The post-industrialized world will look very different is another 20 or 30 years I think.
No thank you! That is not a future that I'd be compatible with...