Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
hacknik
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
hacknik is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Doors Wont Stay Locked

Almost like mahatma's thread, but a bit different...

I've got an 89' fastback. The problem that I've got with it atm, would be that the doors dont stay locked. Basically, say I park the car, hop out, close the door then lock it with the key. It will lock, and then unlock. The same thing happens when I lock the doors from the inside (with one door open) as soon as I close the door, they both unlock. I've gotten the doors to stay locked only once, and that was by holding the tab on the "locked" position, and then having a friend close the opposite side door. Sorry if my explanation is a bit complicated, but I'm thinking that it's an electrical problem opposed to a mechanical one. Also there is no aftermarket alarm or wireless remote installed. Any help, is better then no help.

T.I.A
hacknik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2008, 11:49 PM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The S13 lock system is a bit different, the actuators react electrically to a manual operation, there isn't an actual 'switch'. You can adjust the free play on the rods a bit and that may help, or as in the other thread a rod could be bent a little and not moving enough to 'trip' the other side to operate.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
ryguy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
ryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfectionryguy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That seems like a problem with an aftermarket remote entry system. S13s have central locking, and there should only be a switch in the drivers side door and an actuator on the passenger side door. If the driver's side is locking itself then somebody must have installed an actuator

Also, when closing the door from the outside, try locking it and then holding up the handle as you close it. Some Nissans unlock themselves if you don't hold the handle up.

ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote