Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #31
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Not the cheapest but I got Tein Super Drifts on my S14, Its slammed but I can still go alot lower on my coilover.

2 Finger clearance on the frame rails. Thats how you roll. Still can't compare to whoever it was that couldn't run over a quarter.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #32
Spaceboy

Trader Rating: (0)
Spaceboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Spaceboy
I have D2s on my s13 and i cant even tuck tire with them slammed.

Had 18s with a 255-35 and was just above tire

i dont like them but they have held up great for over 2 yrs
Spaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #33
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enna View Post
Not the cheapest but I got Tein Super Drifts on my S14, Its slammed but I can still go alot lower on my coilover.

2 Finger clearance on the frame rails. Thats how you roll. Still can't compare to whoever it was that couldn't run over a quarter.
That's what I got and shit is cherry for going low.

I just can't get up the energy to get off my ass and take off some of the front collars.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #34
surge s14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
surge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymoresurge s14 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irax View Post
Powered By Max

as low as you're ever going to want...
on 18's with super stretch tires, not so stretch in the front.
hows the ride on them? they seem like a good set

Old 12-21-2008, 04:20 PM   #35
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but KTS has newer versions: low, and ultra low for like $175-200 more. They offer a lower Swift spring set up and a smaller shock body for extra slammness
Old 12-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #36
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but KTS has newer versions: low, and ultra low for like $175-200 more. They offer a lower Swift spring set up and a smaller shock body for extra slammness
Does that put the price up there with Tein Flex/Super Drifts?

If so, still not worth it.

My KTS were cool as like, a learning set, or a first set of coilovers, but I would NEVER buy them again, when they got old, they sucked.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #37
adrians_s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (29)
adrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfectionadrians_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to adrians_s13
yeah... you're looking at around ~$1300 for the shorter dampers and springs.

More detail on why you wouldn't go back to KTS's? Like.. on the "sucking" part... leaky dampers or something?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:10 PM   #38
AznDrftr.
BANNED

AznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond reputeAznDrftr. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to AznDrftr. Send a message via MSN to AznDrftr. Send a message via Yahoo to AznDrftr.
love the stance on the gold coupe. looks good. i think my next set of coils is powered by max, hear a lot of good things about them.
AznDrftr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 05:37 PM   #39
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by surge s14 View Post
hows the ride on them? they seem like a good set

well.. how dedicated are you? if ride quality is an issue then you should have rims larger than 15's lol but for the most part it's very firm...

btw that coupe isn't mine, its my friend tommy robberts drift competitor.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:19 PM   #40
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrians_s13 View Post
yeah... you're looking at around ~$1300 for the shorter dampers and springs.

More detail on why you wouldn't go back to KTS's? Like.. on the "sucking" part... leaky dampers or something?
Naw I just had them for a while.

They were a good entry level coilover at the time, but people barely run them anymore because there are much better options out there for an entry level coil.

I would recommend Stance (GREAT prices for some used ones out there)

or

PBM (good customer service, and constant development on their products)

Old 12-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #41
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
i have KTS.

had them on 3 S13s now.

i like them personally but i had a set of Tein Super Drifts that i wish i kept, felt SUPER nice.

anyhow.

this is on KTS modified with shorter tein springs and smaller pillowball spacer dealio.

ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:35 PM   #42
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Tein Flexes can go super low. Here is the front maxed with all the collars still in place. Take them out and you got about another 1.5-2 inches left. I was tired of adjusting the coils, so I only maxed the fronts and not the rears. The rears could still go lower though. I'd hit reflectors on the freeway when changing lanes and my oilpan actually hit one of the bigger reflectors on the streets. Scary shit, lol.

Raised it up to what IMO is perfect height but still decently low.

Flexes ride comfy as hell.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:38 PM   #43
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
DON"T BUY K-SPORTS

I had some and hated them they were too bouncy and they were not designed very well. Like you couldn't keep the ajustment knobs in them and close the hood...WTF? ANd they just didn't feel right. Like the shocks were not valved right or something. They only have (I think) 7 and 9k springs but they felt as stiff as my friends megan track coilovers. Maybe I just got a bad pair bit thats my 2 cents.

O and they don't go low at all.

Just don't buy them end of story
Old 12-22-2008, 01:18 AM   #44
Odysseus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Odysseus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I LOL'd so hard at the UCI thing humping the S13

Im getting ready to order up some Stance GR+ Pros...They can slammmmm.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:53 AM   #45
txrxs
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
txrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfectiontxrxs is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
I LOL'd so hard at the UCI thing humping the S13

Im getting ready to order up some Stance GR+ Pros...They can slammmmm.
They actually don't go that low without removing collars. This is them set to max low(which really isn't that low):

I've also owned a set of pbm coils. The pbm coils will go much lower.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #46
Jdotsturn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
Jdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond reputeJdotsturn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jdotsturn
Yea i have stance right now. I'm maxed out in the rear and drooping the spring 1" and it still isnt low enough for me. I'm thinking of selling them and getting some PBMs.
Jdotsturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #47
Devil Man
Zilvia Junkie

Devil Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by wow-thats-a-cool-car View Post
DON"T BUY K-SPORTS

I had some and hated them they were too bouncy and they were not designed very well. Like you couldn't keep the ajustment knobs in them and close the hood...WTF? ANd they just didn't feel right. Like the shocks were not valved right or something. They only have (I think) 7 and 9k springs but they felt as stiff as my friends megan track coilovers. Maybe I just got a bad pair bit thats my 2 cents.

O and they don't go low at all.

Just don't buy them end of story
i dont know about the ride quality i have only riden in my car with ksports and megan's felt about the same, but as for lowness.... the k sports can go reallllly low like the other dude with 18's said you could put the frame on the floor if you wanted to i belive, but they do go plenty low
Devil Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #48
Enna
Zilvia FREAK!

Enna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enoughEnna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Enna Send a message via MSN to Enna
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
That's what I got and shit is cherry for going low.

I just can't get up the energy to get off my ass and take off some of the front collars.
Yeah I gotta modify the front wells a bit so I can go lower. Rears I gotta raise like an inch, then get it setup so it can go back down again. I'm not even close to maxing them out and my ass is on the ground. The fronts got like 1 1/2 inches to ground and about still 2" left on the coils.

Tein for the sexy and quality low.
Enna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #49
Odysseus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Odysseus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by txrxs View Post
They actually don't go that low without removing collars. This is them set to max low(which really isn't that low):

I've also owned a set of pbm coils. The pbm coils will go much lower.
You cant be serious? Ive seen cars that are lower than that running Stance and the owners say they arent close to being maxxed...

WTF?
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #50
LifePlazaCircuit
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
LifePlazaCircuit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdotsturn View Post
Yea i have stance right now. I'm maxed out in the rear and drooping the spring 1" and it still isnt low enough for me. I'm thinking of selling them and getting some PBMs.
picture of your car at this height?
LifePlazaCircuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 AM   #51
irax
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
irax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfectionirax is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to irax
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post

what wing is that?
Old 01-03-2009, 04:54 AM   #52
touge dreamer
Leaky Injector

touge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nicetouge dreamer is just really nice
go with powered by max.... there great and also affordable. 10-way adjustable, and you can feel the difference, no reason for 40-way... haha.. Plus they go super low.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:46 AM   #53
240RICHisGOD

240RICHisGOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 240RICHisGOD
id get powered by max, i hear the cool color adds like 4 hp too.. definatly
240RICHisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #54
unlegendary
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
unlegendary is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get powered by max, pbm, max coilovers, whatever u wanna call em. MANY MANY MANY people are amazed on how low they can go and finally they say "who the eff does this?" but they do it anyway cause gangsta rap made them do it.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:32 AM   #55
Flipzide
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
Flipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfectionFlipzide is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Get MAX coilovers.

Shits so low that even on max ride height, it still looks low.

Mine are set so low that the ratchet I tie my car down with on my trailer can't fit under the front bumper/intercooler on the car.

D-Street.net | bcuison.wordpress.com
Flipzide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #56
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
The only thing with the PBM coils is they don't offer the z32 rear lower mounts for the z32 aluminium uprights on the s chassis coils.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #57
jrhgolf23

jrhgolf23 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont mean to bring up an old thread, but i cant find powerd by max coilovers ANYWHERE!
do they still make them?
jrhgolf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 08:23 AM   #58
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhgolf23 View Post
i dont mean to bring up an old thread, but i cant find powerd by max coilovers ANYWHERE!
do they still make them?

Did you ask them if they made them?

duh....

Post in this thread or shoot DC Dan a pm.

http://zilvia.net/f/advertiser-speci...op-max-97.html
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 AM   #59
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhgolf23 View Post
do they still make them?
It's because you're 16 and haven't learned how to use the SEARCH function.

Watch this:

google.com

*click the search field*

"powered by max"

HEY LOOK THE FIRST LINK IS POWEREDBYMAX.NET.

The first product on their page, ARE THE POWERED BY MAX COILOVERS.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #60
mdbizman87

mdbizman87 is an unknown quantity at this point
what would you guys recommend for a s13 that is planning on auto x and drifting but would still like a smooth ride for a daily driver?? Also that is affordable and will last me awhile....thanks for the help!!!
mdbizman87 is offline   Reply With Quote