Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #1291
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
they pop up at random in the US... I have one, but not for sale... RHD Japan still sells the 1 channel... the 4 channel and the OBD type are discontinued.
Nice! Which type is yours?

Really? I cant seem to find them on there. Thats figures, the OBD version is the one i want most out of the different version haha..
Old 02-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #1292
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
i has OBD type
brand new
awwwww ya
Old 02-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #1293
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandevilhorns View Post
10 years of looking at 240 parts on the internet and I have never seen that cluster. Where did it come from?
Yes UK cluster. I have one in my s13.

Its actually for the ca18. The tach signal didnt match my kade so I had to switch tachs.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:45 AM   #1294
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarSilvia View Post
Slowly but surely. Yes I need to tuck the wires better than that.

I actually got mine from Zilvia a while back. They're never around for too long, just gotta keep a keen out for one and snatch it up.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #1295
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
Stealing a $15 cup holder. This is the caliber of 240sx owners in 2012.
This. And I have example 2: some asshole PM'd me about that UK cluster he had for sale.

450 dollars

Get the fuck out of here.

EDIT: Even funnier if the tach won't work with KA/SR.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #1296
typhoonslippery
Zilvia Addict

typhoonslippery will become famous soon enoughtyphoonslippery will become famous soon enoughtyphoonslippery will become famous soon enoughtyphoonslippery will become famous soon enough
someone post 240sx rustless rockers ..... that has to be rare nowdays
Old 02-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #1297
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (3)
MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
a guy in the identify this thread was asking about an exhaust manifold (what brand)... Sam answered him correctly with "older HPI made in Korea"... the guy didn't believe him because of newer model pics on HPI website... So, I told him it was a Run Free (HPI) and included pics of both... and asked for a price to sell.

$850... kiss my ass...

Jesse_McD - 1 channel... I didn't see any reason in reading off the factory water temp sensor.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #1298
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
would a 180sx key be considered "rare"? im trying to convince my buddy to sell me his blank. but wont budge...
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #1299
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
So, I told him it was a Run Free (HPI) and included pics of both... and asked for a price to sell.

$850... kiss my ass...

Jesse_McD - 1 channel... I didn't see any reason in reading off the factory water temp sensor.
hahahahaha thats used full-race pricing

is there a difference from the factory water temp and not?
i have the obd and it uses that.

i like how it reads ECU codes, but since i have a KA the temps read in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius like the face says lol

someone also said you can use it to read RPMs and Speed and other features but i never figured out how
Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #1300
ESCAPE!
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ESCAPE! is making a name for him/her selfESCAPE! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^^ This is why i think i want the OBD version more, it has some extra functions. I do see what you mean about reading off the factory sensor though.

I have also heard of the RPMs and other features but havent seen any pictures of them doing that or anything.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 PM   #1301
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
The thing is already difficult to figure out without worry about RPM, etc...

The 1 channel cand be used for oil or water temp, reads Celcius (I dont mind), and has 2 warnings. The sensor goes with the YF hose adapter. I hear alot of people complane about not know how to wire these in or set the functions.

I will go take some better pics being its out of the car right now...

Yashio Factory Water Temp 1-Channel with YF Radiator Hose Adapter (Adapter is still available at YF)

Close up... warning lights are the left part of the digits.

Harness details...
Red is Positive 12V
Black is Ground
Green is Dimmer Switch
White Cap goes to Sensor (about 12-15 feet of wire is nice)
Black Cap goes to Okachan Water Spray...

EDIT... Holly cow bells... thought I lost it, however in the process of tearing through every possable place I could have missed placed it... I found some small trinket rare-ish stuff. DETAILS... makes everything so much cooler!
HKS Kansai Zippo #50 of 100... I have another one around here somewhere too...???

BNIB Nismo S-tune Iridium Spark Plugs (NGK range 7)... yes, this is a dumb glory purchase and cost 3 times what the same non Nismo NGKs cost!!!

BNIB Nismo Shaded Corner Lamp (Side Markers) for S15/R34... never seen these on a S15 or R34 yet...has a 4 post light harness so need to steal this off someones S15 (I'm Kidding, calm down...)

Brand New C's Shifter never installed w/ Tommy Kaira Shift Knob and Cusco Brass Shift Cap.

Tommy Kaira 6MT Shift Plate and 5MT Shift Sticker.

Now Back to the Yashio Factory Love...

Last edited by MadScientist; 02-16-2012 at 08:28 PM..
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #1302
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandevilhorns View Post
This. And I have example 2: some asshole PM'd me about that UK cluster he had for sale.

450 dollars

Get the fuck out of here.

EDIT: Even funnier if the tach won't work with KA/SR.
lol! you shoulda pm'd me , id get you one much cheaper and one that would work on a sr20!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM   #1303
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
The thing is already difficult to figure out without worry about RPM, etc...

The 1 channel cand be used for oil or water temp, reads Celcius (I dont mind), and has 2 warnings. The sensor goes with the YF hose adapter. I hear alot of people complane about not know how to wire these in or set the functions.

I will go take some better pics being its out of the car right now...

Yashio Factory Water Temp 1-Channel with YF Radiator Hose Adapter (Adapter is still available at YF)

Close up... warning lights are the left part of the digits.

Harness details...
Red is Positive 12V
Black is Ground
Green is Dimmer Switch
White Cap goes to Sensor (about 12-15 feet of wire is nice)
Black Cap goes to ????????????? (also has 12-15 feet of wire)

EDIT... Holly cow bells... thought I lost it, however in the process of tearing through every possable place I could have missed placed it... I found some small trinket rare-ish stuff. DETAILS... makes everything so much cooler!
HKS Kansai Zippo #50 of 100... I have another one around here somewhere too...???

BNIB Nismo Shaded Corner Lamp (Side Markers) for S15/R34... never seen these on a S15 or R34 yet...has a 4 post light harness so need to steal this off someones S15 (I'm Kidding, calm down...)

Brand New C's Shifter never installed w/ Tommy Kaira Shift Knob and Cusco Brass Shift Cap.

Tommy Kaira 6MT Shift Plate and 5MT Shift Sticker.

Now Back to the Yashio Factory Love...
Yea the only reason I wanted the Celsius reading is cause my other gauges, except for speedo, are in Metric so figured it would fit the theme.

The function setting also, super confusing since the instructions only came in japanese. It takes some tinkering to get used to though, but i still can't set up the other features haha

All of them have the ability to run Okachan Water Sprayers, which I saw for sale and kind of want!

OBD version doesn't have dimmer, as far as I have noticed, but it's not a problem since the backlight helps when glare hit its.

I've seen the Nismo Smoked Fender Lamps before, highly sought after from what i've seen, but as you said, no one seemed to buy them at the time.

That Kansai Service zippo. Dude. All of the rare zippo's the companies put out were soooo cool.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #1304
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
most of the stuff on here are not rare, anyone in japan
can order it new or walk into a upgarage and find.
what's consider rare?
stuff like this
JGTC
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #1305
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
All of them have the ability to run Okachan Water Sprayers, which I saw for sale and kind of want!

That Kansai Service zippo. Dude. All of the rare zippo's the companies put out were soooo cool.
I soooo forgot about that!! That is what the Black Plug is for... Damn it... now I have to buy that!

Yeah, the Kansai Zippo's I had them parsonally made, and they sold so freaking fast... (iirc about $100 each) I let Kansai keep the first 1-10 so they would stay in Japan. I kept 50 and 100. and yes 69 was like the 2nd to sell. I was working with them on making a custom Strut tower bar, but it was just to much for what would ultimatly be functional decoration for a single chassis only. We had C.O.A.s with matching part#s type of bad ass going. oh well... like JayZ said "on to the next one".

Sam... thats cheating... and we can't walk in UpGarage. Thread is about what is in the US and on Their cars... no posting YJA or Google Search finds.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #1306
chiboy002
Post Whore!

You had them MAKE them?
Damn, thats pretty bad ass
Old 02-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #1307
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Yup, just part of the full on mythical beast known as Rare Trick... I miss it alot.

found the logo lurking on google...
Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #1308
bing
Post Whore!

bing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enoughbing will become famous soon enough

tomei 3-point bar i've had for a while...
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #1309
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Nice... Logo still in tact... good find.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #1310
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Can anybody get me some tomei or battle club grilles for my silvia bumper?!
delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #1311
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
nice engine. getting this at the end of the month which is pretty rare:

complete fj20et
coupesallday! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #1312
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
Sell me that Tomei STB!!!

jspec has had BC grills for DAYS.

Drew - seriously what do i have to do to get rare trik back? Who do i have to kill?
Can i just get a old product list so i can remember all the parts I wanted.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #1313
dtfdanyo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
dtfdanyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
that yashio factory water temp is hot. i want one
Old 02-16-2012, 09:21 PM   #1314
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Name your price on that tomei brace homie. If you ever want to sell it please let me know.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #1315
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
That JGTC cam cover is titties! would be awesome modified for rwd sr.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #1316
silviatunersr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
silviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud ofsilviatunersr20 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
What about this! Very first issue of Silvia/180sx from 1995. Has some stuff on the drift king in it along with tons of rare areo from back in the day that people can't seem to find the manufacture of.

silviatunersr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #1317
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
That JGTC cam cover is titties! would be awesome modified for rwd sr.
why won't it fit?
don't know shit about sr's
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
yessssssssssss
i wanna drool some good amounts

@BING
what's the golden heim joint bars for?
Old 02-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #1318
delado
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
delado is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
Sell me that Tomei STB!!!

jspec has had BC grills for DAYS.

Drew - seriously what do i have to do to get rare trik back? Who do i have to kill?
Yeah I see that but that's just the frame?

where is the mesh?

delado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #1319
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by delado View Post
Can anybody get me some tomei or battle club grilles for my silvia bumper?!
Matt has these for sale... but I don't think these are what you are after:

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/43502...rhd-stuff.html

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #1320
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin562 View Post
would a 180sx key be considered "rare"? im trying to convince my buddy to sell me his blank. but wont budge...
Blank 180sx key?? yes - very Rare.

I have 2 complete used 180sx Lock sets with keys and everything,.been waiting to install them when I replace my Dash.
Keeping the other for a Rainy day or if something ever happens.