Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
$nicklefritz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quick run down of what i should check

ok i was searching for about 10 mins and hit a bunch of dead ends,
i got a s15 motor in my 96 240 , i was cranking it it would not start
i have spark , fuel, but no injector pulse,had to start the car with a water bottle full of gas , im thinking its somthing simple like the coolant temp sensor , the maf is not connected but the car would idle with out it , wich sensor could kill the injector pulse ? anyone have a similar situation ?
$nicklefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

ok since nobody wants to put in there 2 cents in...... i checked the signal on the injector harness both sides have positive signal on each injector , im pretty sure that i have a wiring issue , i guess i have to find the pin lay out for the ecu
Old 08-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

alright douchebags , since you fags just like lookin and not commenting for shit
heres an update you ball lickers....
i traced the injector harness back to the respectiv spots on the ecu harness
and the dash harness and i have continuity where im spossed to have it this leads me to believe that my ecu is no good ...
i doubt imma find an s15 ecu ... looks like its power fc time
Old 08-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
2ndplaceisthe1stloser

2ndplaceisthe1stloser is an unknown quantity at this point
Dont sweat it bro everyone has something stupid to say or nothing at all. I guess they've done everything that they could do to their cars and there all runnin 9's. Half the guys dont know what they think they do. others are helpful as hell. If i were you id keep everything to yourself. fuck em
2ndplaceisthe1stloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndplaceisthe1stloser View Post
Dont sweat it bro everyone has something stupid to say or nothing at all. I guess they've done everything that they could do to their cars and there all runnin 9's. Half the guys dont know what they think they do. others are helpful as hell. If i were you id keep everything to yourself. fuck em

Jeez, can you get any saltier?!?! Maybe its because the fact that not a whole lot of folks in here have done S15 swaps on their own? Wiring has always been an iffy shit when it comes to swapping in S15 engines in. Hard to troubleshoot wiring related shit over the internet.

Anyways, back to the OP, what did you use to as a guide figure out the wiring for it?

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
thisisastickup
Zilvia Junkie

thisisastickup is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by $nicklefritz View Post
alright douchebags , since you fags just like lookin and not commenting for shit
and the dash harness and i have continuity where im spossed to have it this leads me to believe that my ecu is no good ...

good job being a dick.
thisisastickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by $nicklefritz View Post
hey bitch tits were not here to serve you, we have lives and other things to do other than help lazy ass kids and dumb asses who blow their engines by cranking up the boost.

why dont you try contacting Yury or send your harness to him so he can fix it.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:19 AM   #8
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Jeez, can you get any saltier?!?! Maybe its because the fact that not a whole lot of folks in here have done S15 swaps on their own? Wiring has always been an iffy shit when it comes to swapping in S15 engines in. Hard to troubleshoot wiring related shit over the internet.

Anyways, back to the OP, what did you use to as a guide figure out the wiring for it?
s15 , s14 same in every in everyway excepts15 doesnt use igniter chip
s13 s14 s15 sr20 have the same sensors for the most part like cas , tps,...ect
i dont know why people assume its a totally diff animal.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:24 AM   #9
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisisastickup View Post
good job being a dick.
thank you maybe after im done you can pop up at my house and put a fish tankin my trunk an a fucking 62 inch plasma under my hood
Old 08-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #10
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
hey bitch tits were not here to serve you, we have lives and other things to do other than help lazy ass kids and dumb asses who blow their engines by cranking up the boost.

why dont you try contacting Yury or send your harness to him so he can fix it.
didnt say nobody had a life , i had a bunch of views an zero comments , u know how annoying that is when you are so close to getting youre car to start after a swap ,its not i wiring problem its an ecu problem ... how many s15 , or s14 kouki
ecus we got posted in the for sale section .... youd be kinna pissed too sugar tits
Old 08-19-2009, 04:06 AM   #11
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post

oyeah the matter at hand soooo i had no noid lite on the injectors , battery voltage present at the injectors so i knna thought the ecu at first but checked everything else b4 i did anything , i took the fuel pump fuse out and moved the cas around and got the injectors to click ,knew that that ment that my wiring was good , but to be xtra sure i turned the harness into sphagetti and traced the injector harness back the the ecu an i have continuity in evry wire .
i thought it was somethong like dumb like a coolant sensor , i asked my friend
and he told me since he doesnt have a 240 let alone an sr that on his 2jzgte the coolant temp sensor would keep the car from starting , but i thought that with my luck thats not possible , the problem was not gonna be a 7 dollar sensor at autozone ,wich was the case for him lucky bastard...no my problem requires me to comb japans butthole and every online forum searching for an ecu....cant even find one on ebay thats why imma go wit a power fc .. even though im not to happy with it , i dont care if you get an aem , haltec , what ever once you go standalone yur car runs like a fuckin asshole in the slightest weather change , this is gonna be fun.
btw please dont take my comments to the heart after all i am a new yorker
its a given that i gotz a potty mouth, thanx for at least commenting guys
Old 08-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #12
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

talk about finding a needle in a hay stack , for those of you who have chimed in
or taken a peek at this thread , i entertained the thought of going with an aftermarket computer...... since mine was a dud , that became the most likely route i was gonna take but i found a qt computer on ebay uk , for 80 pounds thats 140 apprx american i jumped on that deal with no k.y now i just gotta wait till it arrives
the guy had fantastic feedback so im not even a lil iffy ,