Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-15-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
-luong. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sr2odet needs help

Hey guys. Looking to get some clear answer i got! i got a stock sr20det with 140km. I recently got a Gretty catback 3" Hks Intake, my Infamous Godspeed top mout t3 set up, also got a front mount kit. Most of this is installed
2. I have stock injectors and maf so how much boost can i run on the t3?
3. Is there a way to get my stock ecu tuned? without chiped and rom.
4.can my stock radiater be enought for this set up?
I have not yet started it up but i am doing the finishing things on it . ill post pictures up but i like to hear what you guys have to say.
Help please

New updates

.. start it up to see how it is for a bit.. not so good.starts great but runs bad... it wont idle and it jumps .. and the engine runs just shakes and cant idle... also smokes black... only thing i havent connect was the brake booster to the intake... since i check the tcp and the maf. it all seems fine but still runs rough. maybe the air circulation. if you guys have any clues lmk. this thing just stressin me out

Last edited by -luong.; 05-18-2009 at 12:47 PM..
-luong. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2009, 02:36 AM   #2
nissan240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
nissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
first off you should do some reasearch, its not that hard! all you have to do is hit the search button!!!
1. i never heard of brake boost controller????
2. you need aftermarket injectors, your stock maf can handle it buti prefer you use n62 maf
3. just get your ecu chipped it will save you a lot of money and time in the long run!
4. yes you wont overheat with stock radiator, if you just daily drive it.
ohh and one last thing welcome to zilvia!!!
nissan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #3
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ I disagree with almost everything that nissan240 said.

1) Boost controller needs a vacuum source, so yes it needs to be connected somewhere to the intake manifold - most people "tee" the FPR line.
2) Not much - your stock injectors/stock MAF/stock ECU can only go about 12psi on a T28, so I'd say 10psi would be about the same amount of air for a small T3
3) Nope - you either need to "chip" your ECU, get a "piggyback" system and have that tuned (like a Greddy Emanage, or Apexi SAFC), or get a "standalone" and have that tuned. It's all $$$$.
4) Not really - even with a stock SR, your radiator should be upgraded. Some of our site sponsors can get you some good deals on SR radiators, like R&D Factory.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
WTF is a brake boost controller? He said he got a new Intake Manifold, I hope your not asking if you really need to hook up the brake booster vacuum line into the manifold. I wanna see you drive on the freeway with your brake booster line not connected to the manifold and tell me how fun that would be...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #5
nissan240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
nissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to allnissan240 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
^^^ I disagree with almost everything that nissan240 said.

2) Not much - your stock injectors/stock MAF/stock ECU can only go about 12psi on a T28, so I'd say 10psi would be about the same amount of air for a small T3

4) Not really - even with a stock SR, your radiator should be upgraded. Some of our site sponsors can get you some good deals on SR radiators, like R&D Factory.
you can run stock injectors/maf/ecu with a t-3. its just how many pounds he is planing to boost. and i am guessing he doesnt have any money right now so he is planing to go the cheap route...its just a matter of time before somethuiing goes wrong!

i personally think you dont have to upgrade radiator, i live in the desert and daily my sr for 2 yrs before i upgraded to a koyo....
nissan240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #6
-luong.
Leaky Injector

So as long as the brake boost is to the intakemanifold ?? i was thinking making a T fitting from my bov to brake boost... and guys.. this is a small t3. this is for daily driving. nothing crazy . i just got it cuz top mount.looking to boost stock . the external wastgate is only 8psi and imnot boosting over..will there be any need for a safc??ive seen lil civics take this turbo on high boost without a prob. pretty sure my internals can take it.. as for radiater im gonna investin a koyo copper.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
-luong.
Leaky Injector

.. start it up to see how it is for a bit.. not so good.starts great but runs bad... it wont idle and it jumps .. and the engine runs just shakes and cant idle... also smokes black... only thing i havent connect was the brake booster to the intake... since i check the tcp and the maf. it all seems fine but still runs rough. maybe the air circulation. if you guys have any clues lmk. this thing just stressin me out

Last edited by -luong.; 05-16-2009 at 06:24 PM..
Old 05-16-2009, 07:30 PM   #8
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by -luong. View Post
Haha, you have a HUGE vacuum leak from the manifold - connect it to the brake booster, that'll help a ton.

TCP? You mean throttle position sensor, TPS?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:40 AM   #9
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Haha, you have a HUGE vacuum leak from the manifold - connect it to the brake booster, that'll help a ton.

TCP? You mean throttle position sensor, TPS?
Thats what im guessing the brake booster is now connect..same still . must be another leak or i messted up the lines but there isnt musch to miss lol. my boc isnt engageing either so ?? mistery. yes TCP ..sorry..
Starting to think there is a dead injecter since it has been parked for sume time now.... but why would the engine choke...
Old 05-17-2009, 04:28 AM   #10
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
What the hell is TCP and BOC, do you mean TPS(throttle positon sensor), and BOV(blow off valve)...
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
-luong.
Leaky Injector

pretty sure some ppl call it tps or tcp but same thing.. ahh yes bov sorry for the typos.. im going to reweld my exhaust. it ha a huge leak and check out my injecters now.. wish me luck
Old 05-17-2009, 02:27 PM   #12
-luong.
Leaky Injector

new updates. Injecters are good. they all spray. No drips. im thinking its my iavc or valcum.. not sure why itwould be buring black and misfire.
-hooked my boost pressure to my bov vacume- had no place on pipe. also right before i shut her off i hear the waste gate perr?
Old 05-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #13
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Heres a quick vid of how it ran. Sorry its short. i cant stand seeing it like that

Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 AM   #14
-luong.
Leaky Injector

help please need to get it running good. bussing is no fun
Old 05-18-2009, 12:34 AM   #15
weissguy
Zilvia Junkie

weissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the roughweissguy is a jewel in the rough
I really hope you connected your brake booster by now. If your manifold has those swivel fitttings, change to barb. Check for boost leaks, check timing.
weissguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #16
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Brake booster is good . if i run it for a bit it becomes smoother and stays below 1000rev but struggles to run. ill recheck the lines tmr . =(
Old 05-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #17
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Does anyone one have any thoughts on this ??
Old 05-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #18
-luong.
Leaky Injector

new updates. ive disconnect my boost pressure silenoid and it acurally ran better. but still bogs..
Old 05-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #19
-luong.
Leaky Injector

found out the problem manifold gasket. the manifold flang isnt straight.
What Gasket from nissan can i use/ Was wonding if the sr20de from the sentra would work
Old 05-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
karforty5
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
karforty5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What kind of gasket did you have on the intake side?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karforty5 View Post
What kind of gasket did you have on the intake side?
i had the thin metal gasket._ the flang on the intake isnt perfecy machined so it leaked. i mad my own gasket out of gasket paper(not sure what its called) and it works great. as for the injecters i put plumming tape around the rubber bushing and it works fine
Old 05-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #22
-luong.
Leaky Injector

Thanks everyone for the help. appreciate it